Re: Warnings Were Out
posted at 9/30/2012 10:41 PM EDT
In response to GO47's comment:
In response to DelGriffith's comment:
Let's all take some time to realize what is happening here:
1. Ridley and a little (actually a lot) of Bolden has completely transformed this offense into what SOME of us have wanted.
2. Great game by McDaniels and Brady. They simplified the game down into the basics. This is what I've wanted since 2010.
3. Logan Mankins is overrated.
4. The D, while not perfect, cannot be run on and you have to like the big play ability. McCourty was outstanding. I've been on his side this whole time. I don't buy the media crap like some do. You're embarassing yourselves.
5. Thank god the real refs are back.
6. It's very clear the NFL tells the refs to not call holding. Chandler Jones and Nink were held literally on every other play. Lots of jersey being tossed around.
7. Donald Thomas is not as bad as many have stated. Yep.
8. Buffalo is not really a playoff time and the 4 INT game last in Buffalo is still mindboggling, as we saw today. They cannot stop the run after spending all that money and switching to a 4-3.
9. I cannot blame our defense for 14 points when it was tied directly to quick turnovers, back to back.
10. Great win. Huge win. A season changing kind of win which will reset the team and bring it up a notch into the 2nd part of the 16 game season. The Jets are horrendous and were embarrassed as predicted. Phat Rex/Mangione remains a moron of epic proportions.
I agree with Rusty. There were a lot of posts going back and forth during the off season with one side wanting TB to pass more because they felt the NFL is now a passing league. Then there were others like Rusty and others who felt like this team was much better when it was balanced like in the day when Charlie Weiss was the OC. From what we've seen so far, and it's not just one game, they are committed to the run as much as the pass. They are averaging 147 yards a game after 4 games so far. Both BB and TB said after the game today that they really practiced hard all week on the run. Fells was really providing some key blocks and is going to be a great addition to the two and three tight end sets.
Myself I really like a balanced team. It makes TB's job so much easier by not putting so much responsibility on his arm all the time. This is one offense that is only going to get better but one that will be more unpredictable.
No one argued that they should pass more. The argument was wether they were good enough to run it more and still be able to outscore opposing teams. Other than in 2004 with Dillon the Pats were not winning super bowls because they were some sort of great running team. They were winning because they were very good in almost every phase (offense, defense and special teams).