was anyone else very impressed with this guy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

was anyone else very impressed with this guy?

The player that really stood out to me was King Dunlap the Eagles Big OT!  The best part is he is a FA next season. I doubt the eagles let him go but if they did i would love to sign a OT like that!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: was anyone else very impressed with this guy?

How much would that guy cost? I don't see BB tossing a starting level contract to an OT who has never taken a snap for his team and hasn't played a full season as a starter yer. But, yeah Dunlap looked good

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He looked big.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i am going to keep my eye on this guy, he will have a year of starting for the eagles by the time he is a FA next summer.  With vollmer having an expiring contract we might be in need of a good OT.  especially if we need to draft another OG/C  with this likely being waters last year.  Dunlap could be a great find.  i wouldn't mind BB giving a OT a big contract due to the fact we need brady upright and he is getting older and with age comes slower healing and we don't want brady taken out. I'd offer him 5 years 20 million assuming he plays well this year for the eagles

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The more I watch Cannon the more I like what I see, IF, they move him inside. His biggest issue right now is that he's getting beat around the edge and in order to try to compensate he's letting his feet get in front of him at an angle. But the times I saw him with an extra blocker on his right he looked fairly solid. I might be set letting Cannon take over the RG spot for Waters next year, but they need to start working him in now and not next off-season. C might be more of a concern. Either way though I think they will be in the market for a RT in next years draft. I'm thinking mid to late 2nd someone like Ricky Wagner or Alex Hurst

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: was anyone else very impressed with this guy?:
    [QUOTE]The more I watch Cannon the more I like what I see, IF, they move him inside. His biggest issue right now is that he's getting beat around the edge and in order to try to compensate he's letting his feet get in front of him at an angle. But the times I saw him with an extra blocker on his right he looked fairly solid. I might be set letting Cannon take over the RG spot for Waters next year, but they need to start working him in now and not next off-season. C might be more of a concern. Either way though I think they will be in the market for a RT in next years draft. I'm thinking mid to late 2nd someone like Ricky Wagner or Alex Hurst
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

exactly what i was thinking, next season i would love to see cannon at RG taking waters place and we draft a big C such as Barrett Jones, T/G/C, Alabama he can play every position along the line and he is big at 6'5" 311 #  just the type of OL who could help our run and pass game.  (yes it would require a trade up) This allows us to pick up a OT such as king dunlap and have a line comprised of:  solder, Mankins,  barrett jones, cannon/connolly, King dunlap

star backups of cannon, thomas, and vollmer. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Nate - Jones have a very good shot at being a top 20 if not a top 15 pick. I'm hoping that we won't be anywhere near the range to have a shot at him. I'm thinking more of a Graham Pocic from Illinois

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

IS the only reason we noticed Dunlap's play is because the announcers replayed his highlights for an entire segment? I swear Gruden never saw a player he didn't like :D If you were to listen to him all game

-Nick Foyles is a probowler
    - the 6'5" 265lb Jake Bequette is the "next" 6'2" 245lb Rob Ninkavich 
    - Mychal Kendricks is the "next" Lance Briggs
    - Hoyer lost his job to Mallet

smh no one is really paying attention to the battles King lost
    #Hyperbole

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]IS the only reason we noticed Dunlap's play is because the announcers replayed his highlights for an entire segment? I swear Gruden never saw a player he didn't like :D If you were to listen to him all game -Nick Foyles is a probowler - the 6'5" 265lb Jake Bequette is the "next" 6'2" 245lb Rob Ninkavich  - Mychal Kendricks is the "next" Lance Briggs - Hoyer lost his job to Mallet smh no one is really paying attention to the battles King lost #Hyperbole
    Posted by PuPirate[/QUOTE]

lol yes this is partial true but I was watching Dunlap (mainly because I was watching Jones) and Dunlap did a pretty decent job overall and showed some real talent

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

[QUOTE]He looked big.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

That's an understatement.  He looked like Andre the Giant out there. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Actually I thought Foles was the biggest bright spot for the Eagles. Talk about a guy who was prepared for the big show. Came in for Vick after 4 plays and played REALLY well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]The more I watch Cannon the more I like what I see, IF, they move him inside. His biggest issue right now is that he's getting beat around the edge and in order to try to compensate he's letting his feet get in front of him at an angle. But the times I saw him with an extra blocker on his right he looked fairly solid. I might be set letting Cannon take over the RG spot for Waters next year, but they need to start working him in now and not next off-season. C might be more of a concern. Either way though I think they will be in the market for a RT in next years draft. I'm thinking mid to late 2nd someone like Ricky Wagner or Alex Hurst

Are we talking about the same guy?  He, like Solder at LT, seemed to get beat regularly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: was anyone else very impressed with this guy? : Are we talking about the same guy?  He, like Solder at LT, seemed to get beat regularly.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Yes we are, Cannon got beat regularly because of two things, 1) getting beat on the edge with second moves (something that won't happen with a T next to him) and 2) in anticipation of being beat around the edge he had bad foot placement often angled in front of his shoulders in an attempt to redirect (again with a T next to him it won't happen). However, in the couple of cases they had a TE or extra blocker on his side he showed good foot placement and power and was able to redirect the rush towards an additional blocker for assistance. For a RG he looks pretty decent (doesn't mean he doesn't have things to work on because he still was making mistakes) but as a RT he's almost as bad as Hunter

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: was anyone else very impressed with this guy? : lol yes this is partial true but I was watching Dunlap (mainly because I was watching Jones) and Dunlap did a pretty decent job overall and showed some real talent

i agree with you. that is why i was watching him and i thought he did an excellent job against jones.  Jones did quite well last preseason game against the saints and they had a starter playing against him then as well.  Do i think dunlap has reached full time starter/probowler status? was he perfect last night? No not even close, but i do think with the proper O-line coach (dante)  he could be a probowler.