Was at the game...disappointed by some of our fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Was at the game...disappointed by some of our fans

Guys,, NOT The same fans there week in and week out like it use to be!  NOT too many people can afford the cost of the seats plus parking , nevermind any refreshments or food.....if you sit in the lower bowl, your talking 400-450, just for tickets and park your car!  How does anyone do this for 10 games anymore?  Yes that's counting preseason too! Nevermind the potential of 2 more playoff games every year, which those prices are even higher!  the prices have driven out the core pats fan!  Period!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's dissapointing. When the Pat's are on D to start the 2nd half most of the seats are empty and there is no energy in the stadium. I know some will take offense to this but we are some of the most spoiled entitled fans in the NFL. 

[/QUOTE]

When was the last time you were at a Pats home game?

[/QUOTE]

Yesterday

[/QUOTE]

Perfect.  So, you can see first hand the length of the lines at the concession stands.  This is a major problem at the stadium.

[/QUOTE]

They have a new app now for season ticket holders where you can order food from your phone and pick it up in an express line. 

As far as it goes for me I am a creature of habit or supersticious usually get into the stadium 1/2 hour before kick-off, restroom, one beer and that's it. Usually don't leave my seat for the rest of the game.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  It's not like I go to Gillette for the fine dining and drinks anyway.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No kidding! That is what we are discussing. It's why I hate that a Seattle with a perfectly designed stadium and weak fans, somehow are seen as louder or better fans. It's a crock.

The fact is, NE has the most expensive ticket, at least in the AFC, and wealthy people or wannabe yuppie types with their kids (a lot of women and young girls go now which is odd because many women simply don't know the game), are the ones making up the bulk of the lower level seats or the suite outdoor red seats, which is where we lose noise potential.

All the hard cores are up top.

[/QUOTE]

It's too bad that Kraft sticks it to the masses like this.  When the team was awful, only the blue collar hard core fans were there.  Now that the Pats are a jewel, Kraft's prices keep the best fans in the nosebleeds. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's dissapointing. When the Pat's are on D to start the 2nd half most of the seats are empty and there is no energy in the stadium. I know some will take offense to this but we are some of the most spoiled entitled fans in the NFL. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yesterday

[/QUOTE]

Perfect.  So, you can see first hand the length of the lines at the concession stands.  This is a major problem at the stadium.

[/QUOTE]

They have a new app now for season ticket holders where you can order food from your phone and pick it up in an express line. 

As far as it goes for me I am a creature of habit or supersticious usually get into the stadium 1/2 hour before kick-off, restroom, one beer and that's it. Usually don't leave my seat for the rest of the game.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you spend how much every other week on the games?  Close to a grand?  Flight, train, tickets?

Do you go by yourself?  I give you credit for caring that much, but I could never treat that experience like a schedule as you do.

You treat it like a business trip.

[/QUOTE]

Probably a grand.  I don't go to all eight home games, though.  That's a lot to spend.  I have four tickets and invite friends and family who live in the Boston area to go with me.  One of my buddies  from Boston who now lives in Manhattan frequently drives up from NYC to come with me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

It's too bad that Kraft sticks it to the masses like this.  When the team was awful, only the blue collar hard core fans were there.  Now that the Pats are a jewel, Kraft's prices keep the best fans in the nosebleeds. 

[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what happens to every successful sports team ever.  Well at least in the sports I follow anyways.  I can't speak to hockey and a few others.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEOHPatsFan. Show NEOHPatsFan's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Getzo, lost my job in late August, I got time on my hands!!  )-:

[/QUOTE]

God bless you man, I hope you find something soon. 

[/QUOTE]

Seems to be a trend these days...lost my job as an IT Director in mid July.  Good luck to both of you...it is rough out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No kidding! That is what we are discussing. It's why I hate that a Seattle with a perfectly designed stadium and weak fans, somehow are seen as louder or better fans. It's a crock.

The fact is, NE has the most expensive ticket, at least in the AFC, and wealthy people or wannabe yuppie types with their kids (a lot of women and young girls go now which is odd because many women simply don't know the game), are the ones making up the bulk of the lower level seats or the suite outdoor red seats, which is where we lose noise potential.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, the nosebleeds are the best seats in the house.  Just like watching the all 22, but live.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yesterday

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you spend how much every other week on the games?  Close to a grand?  Flight, train, tickets?

Do you go by yourself?  I give you credit for caring that much, but I could never treat that experience like a schedule as you do.

[/QUOTE]

Probably a grand.  I don't go to all eight home games, though.  That's a lot to spend.  I have four tickets and invite friends and family who live in the Boston area to go with me.  One of my buddies  from Boston who now lives in Manhattan frequently drives up from NYC to come with me.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, makes sense. Why not one of their cars to tailgate though?

[/QUOTE]

I fly in morning of the game usually and my buddy from NYC drives up, so we don't get to Foxboro early enough on game days.  

Every once in a while I'll meet my cousin before the game and tailgate with him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guys,, NOT The same fans there week in and week out like it use to be!  NOT too many people can afford the cost of the seats plus parking , nevermind any refreshments or food.....if you sit in the lower bowl, your talking 400-450, just for tickets and park your car!  How does anyone do this for 10 games anymore?  Yes that's counting preseason too! Nevermind the potential of 2 more playoff games every year, which those prices are even higher!  the prices have driven out the core pats fan!  Period!  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does take a both a major financial commitment and a time commitment. I am in the 2nd section corner and pay $117 a seat. When I became a season ticket holder the I was paying less than $60 a ticket. I guess the good news is that my seats have been he same for the last 3 years. In our immediate area in our section we have only a handful of regulars. Most of the seats are either owned by companies or are promotional giveaways.

My buddy and I have been going for a long time and we split the expenses but you are right it can be a big economic burden. I feel fortunate that I haven't missed a home playoff game since the mid 90's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yesterday

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO... the guys behind us tried out the new app for food pick-up yesterday and only missed a couple of plays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, the nosebleeds are the best seats in the house.  Just like watching the all 22, but live.

[/QUOTE]

Somewhat true, but you're still far off. Would be better from the end zone. Are you end zone?

It's pretty cool for hockey once in a while because you can see the play unfold before everyone else does.

Comments on BB's great D from up above? Afterall we've had thread after thread to deflect from Brady's poor game last week saying how bad BB is as a GM, right?

[/QUOTE]

Not end zone, though those can be really good.  Gillette has no endzone seats in the third deck, though.  I'm around the 40 yard line.  

I have no problem with the D this year.  Been praising them all along. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yesterday

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok, makes sense. Why not one of their cars to tailgate though?

[/QUOTE]

I fly in morning of the game usually and my buddy from NYC drives up, so we don't get to Foxboro early enough on game days.  

Every once in a while I'll meet my cousin before the game and tailgate with him. 

[/QUOTE]

Cool.  I guess I am just a tailgating kind of guy.   Some other stadiums that are built in downtowns like Carolina, Baltimore, Soldier Field to some degree, are near bars, so the tailgating scene isn't the same as in Foxborough.

[/QUOTE]

We sometimes go to The Raven in Walpole before the game.  I don't mind tailgating once in a while, but I really don't like to drink much before or during the game (want to be able to concentrate on the action) and I'm not that big an eater, so in some ways I prefer going out for a bite to eat and maybe a single beer, then just heading over to the stadium.  Really like to get to the stadium early, especially if I'm bringing someone there for the first time.  I'll go down to the main entrance where they let you near the field and you can watch the QBs, OLs, DLs. and LBs walk in.  Always fun to see giant guys like Wilfork up close.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Somewhat true, but you're still far off. Would be better from the end zone. Are you end zone?

It's pretty cool for hockey once in a while because you can see the play unfold before everyone else does.

Comments on BB's great D from up above? Afterall we've had thread after thread to deflect from Brady's poor game last week saying how bad BB is as a GM, right?

[/QUOTE]

Not end zone, though those can be really good.  Gillette has no endzone seats in the third deck, though.  I'm around the 40 yard line.  

I have no problem with the D this year.  Been praising them all along. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you were slamming BB last week AND not admitting Brady had a bad game.

You were essentially switching over to the BBW Guild for good, completely irrational and belligerent.

Just admit when Brady is off and move on. It's so much easier for the board.

[/QUOTE]

Brady makes mistakes, but not lots of them, even in his bad games.  This year it's awfully hard to tell given the receivers' inexperience and the fairly high probability that many of the misses are the result of the receiver running the wrong route.  Yesterday, I think Brady looked pretty sharp mostly.  The interception was ugly, but other than that I don't think there were too many terrible plays from Brady.  Yeah, he missed Amendola over the middle in the third quarter, but that was a matter of inches.  He probably stepped up a bit too strong while avoiding the rush and the ball sailed.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yesterday

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO... the guys behind us tried out the new app for food pick-up yesterday and only missed a couple of plays.

[/QUOTE]

I don't like the food there all that much, anyway.  Try to eat before and after the game.  The one thing I really like, though, is the Newport Storm Amber they sell at the beer cart a few sections down from ours.  I think it's a ridiculous $11 for a 12 oz draft . . . but it's such a nice robust ale, I treat it like lunch too . . .