Washington 1yr-1.2mil, D. Jones 3yrs-4.155 with a 1.19 cap hit....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Washington 1yr-1.2mil, D. Jones 3yrs-4.155 with a 1.19 cap hit....

For anyone curious like I was to how much these guys signed for and how much cap we may still available...

I apologize if someone already posted this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741141/contract-details-for-washington-jones

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Washington 1yr-1.2mil, D. Jones 3yrs-4.155 with a 1.19 cap hit....

that's a pretty good deal for Jones actually. Even if he's only a #3/4 WR that a good deal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Jones > Branch, but I'd still like the Pats to bring Edelman back. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Also, I loved Woodhead, but I'm glad the Pats went after Leon Washington. I like McCourty, but he's not a KR/PR. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Happy none of Jones mmoney is gauranteed..

If he doesn't produce he can be cut at any point. Low risk possibly nice reward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good numbers, and I think the longer term commitment to Jones shows they expect him to contribute as well.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

I like the choice of Washington over Woodhead. Woodhead is very good, but it feels like forever (2007 season or maybe early/mid 2010) when this team started a drive past the 25 or 30 yard line.

It will be an immense help in an area that has needed it for a while now.

At money that low, it's clear he wanted to be here, because Vereen will get the Woodhead touches now.

I expect a healthy competition between Bolden at Ridley for the lead back role in camp, too. Per Zolak, NE really likes Bolden and it's easy to see why.

The Donald Jones deal is incredibly team friendly and it should be. He should feel blessed for the opporunity.

Add in Emmanuel Sanders and maybe one more in FA with a possible draft pick and they should be set up on offense.

Agree.. I know there's been alot of whining but I think this offense is going to be alot tougher to stop when it counts and for that I am excited...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I worry about the backs with Woodhead gone now  - unless Washington can play a third down role (which he hasn't in years) - we are one injury away from having no third down back. If Vareen has proven anything, it's that he gets hurt...we need a guy that can both runt and catch it...he's the only guy right now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Like Washington. Good return man. I don't really like putting starters (Welker, McCourty) in the return game, and risk getting injured. Didn't Washington take two to the house against the Pats? BB tends to remember plays like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I worry about the backs with Woodhead gone now  - unless Washington can play a third down role (which he hasn't in years) - we are one injury away from having no third down back. If Vareen has proven anything, it's that he gets hurt...we need a guy that can both runt and catch it...he's the only guy right now. 

Well I'm hoping Vereen can take over that role. If he can then this was a great move because it helps or return game, which was suffering. But, if Vereen can't be the stable force that Woodhead was on 3rd downs then this was a mistake. It's on Vereens shoulders right now and I have faith he can pick up the slak given his performance at the end of last season

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Ridley, Vereen, Boldin, Washington, Demps....

Absolutely nothing to worry about IMO. In fact it would appear we are stacked to me.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Absolutely nothing to worry about IMO. In fact it would appear we are stacked to me.

I'm not sure Demps makes the team at this point unless he moves to WR. Washington essentially fills Demps role as a returner. No need to have 2 pure returners taking up roster space unless they give you more then just return ability

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm not sure Demps makes the team at this point unless he moves to WR. Washington essentially fills Demps role as a returner. No need to have 2 pure returners taking up roster space unless they give you more then just return ability

Ok then minus Demps...

Ridley had 1200+ yards if I'm correct. If he fixes his fumbling issues he is a top 10 rb in this league as his #'s would indicate.

I'm calling a breakout seaon for Vereen.

Loving the look of our backfield.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Jones > Branch, but I'd still like the Pats to bring Edelman back. 

Yeah I agree. Branch has had some very good years but he's definitely slowed down and isn't the same guy. Jones is going to make a much bigger impact at this point. Washington helps an area that was in serious need. I like Woodhead but it seems like every return of his went between the 19 and 21 yard line. McCourty was better but I'd rather not see him on returns.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Ok then minus Demps...

Ridley had 1200+ yards if I'm correct. If he fixes his fumbling issues he is a top 10 rb in this league as his #'s would indicate.

I'm calling a breakout seaon for Vereen.

Loving the look of our backfield.

Without Woodhead, Vereen will get a ton of 3rd down reps so he should have a breakout season and given his end of the year performance last year I'm with you I think he will

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Vereen steps up as well. I have always routed for this kid, and believe with enough touches and opportunities he will be special. He is a much better receiving option than woody and on third down, that makes things a bit more challenging for defenses to stop us. If they can sure up the WR spot, this offense will be deep and the most versatile of bb's tenure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Good contracts for those two.

(yay!! i found my old account!! Now just need to find my older accounts. I think one may have died during the day when Ron Borges plagiarized Mike Sando.)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think there are medical concerns with Jones as well...he missed the last 4 games due to a kidney issue. 

Did Boldin get any touches after he came back from roids? Were there no touches available, or did he show an inability to perform at the same level During practice? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think there are medical concerns with Jones as well...he missed the last 4 games due to a kidney issue. 

Did Boldin get any touches after he came back from roids? Were there no touches available, or did he show an inability to perform at the same level During practice? 

Since when did Adderall become synonymous with steroids?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

I like the choice of Washington over Woodhead. Woodhead is very good, but it feels like forever (2007 season or maybe early/mid 2010) when this team started a drive past the 25 or 30 yard line.

It will be an immense help in an area that has needed it for a while now.

At money that low, it's clear he wanted to be here, because Vereen will get the Woodhead touches now.

I expect a healthy competition between Bolden at Ridley for the lead back role in camp, too. Per Zolak, NE really likes Bolden and it's easy to see why.

The Donald Jones deal is incredibly team friendly and it should be. He should feel blessed for the opporunity.

Add in Emmanuel Sanders and maybe one more in FA with a possible draft pick and they should be set up on offense.

Agree.. I know there's been alot of whining but I think this offense is going to be alot tougher to stop when it counts and for that I am excited...

it's your defense you better be worried about when it counts, not your offense