Watson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Watson

I can't remember many players who have been as hard to figure out for me as Benjamin Watson.  One moment, he'll be making a spectacular play that very few tight ends in the NFL could make.  The next, he'd be dropping an easy pass or fumbling the ball away.  

I was just looking over his career numbers, and despite the periodic frustrating plays, he's shown at times that he can be very productive, particularly in 2006. I think the biggest thing holding him back is that the Patriots simply don't use the tight ends enough in the passing game.  They stay in to block a lot and aren't usually primary receivers when they do run routes.

It seems most people have moved on from Watson as a Patriot, but does anyone else get the feeling that some team will sign him to be a featured part of their passing game, and that Watson will just explode next year?  I definitely get that feeling.  Is it worth bringing him back and changing the way tight ends are used to take advantage of his freakish athleticism?  

What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: Watson

I agree with you...his ability is outstanding but he just hasn't delivered. Granted the offense is geared more toward the wr's especially in the slot with Welker but Watson is inconsistant to say the least.........He needs to be in an offense geared with more friendly touches to the te position..I think his ship as sailed here for sure...........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Watson

It seems most people have moved on from Watson as a Patriot, but does anyone else get the feeling that some team will sign him to be a featured part of their passing game, and that Watson will just explode next year?  I definitely get that feeling.  Is it worth bringing him back and changing the way tight ends are used to take advantage of his freakish athleticism?  

You may be right. We used to be the team that when players came here they got better. The bottom line with Watson is that he hasn't done it consistently for us. He is a hideous pass dropper and if he goes elsewhere and performs better for them so be it. If we can keep him around for short money then he is probably worth having but I think somebody wil throw him 3 mil just on spec becuase he looks pretty good on paper.