Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch

Classic Belichick. We have a stable of injury prone (Taylor, Morris) and "old RB's and we hastily trade probably our best one ( not saying much)..and one of the youngest for yet MORE draft picks..then a week later we lose Faulk.
    BB didn't figure that somewhere along the line one of these guys would go down??? Now granted, Faulk has been durable but you have to figure Taylor or Morris aren't far behind.
    Yet MORE blunders with personell!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch

I think Leon starts more positive threads than you do. And he's a Jets fan...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There's what 5 RB's on the active roster.  One of them will take over Faulk's job if Faulk can't play.  Stop being such a negative nancy or I'll get Laz to come in here and write you a 5000 word allegory on existentialism and how it relates to 3rd down RB's who play for NFL teams in the northeastern United States.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch:
    [QUOTE]I think Leon starts more positive threads than you do. And he's a Jets fan...
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I'm Aggravated!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

i hear what youre saying but who knows what could happen with someone they promote from the practice squad or bring in from somewhere else.  Look what happened when the bengals brought in cedric benson last year or how the texans brought up arian foster from the practice squad.  Faulk will be a huge loss though, best 3rd down back in football.  But i still wont give up on taylor i think he still got it if the pats actually block for him and go more than 6 running plays the second half.  But its still beginning of the season no reason to get hopeless. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I guess your other BB bashing thread wasn't enough so you came up with this one.  TROLL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch : I'm Aggravated!
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

You're also clueless

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch : I'm Aggravated!

How can you enjoy football at all... its a process...its early...the d has been rebuilt and ROME wasnt built in a day... enjoy it both ways all the good and the bad... then when we do win it will be that much more satisfying...

you cant control any of it... if your a fan be a fan... not an armchair gm... theres nothing to be agrivated about...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Kill the trolls

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]There's what 5 RB's on the active roster.  One of them will take over Faulk's job if Faulk can't play.  Stop being such a negative nancy or I'll get Laz to come in here and write you a 5000 word allegory on existentialism and how it relates to 3rd down RB's who play for NFL teams in the northeastern United States.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Without question one of the more enjoyable rejoinders I've read in this forum.  Thank you, shenanigan, for a chuckle and a well placed reply. 

To the original poster:  all of us possess 20/20 hindsight and you are no exception.  That said, even had I known Faulk was going to do down I would have made the trade.  Come to think of it, didn't BB just sign Danny Woodhead? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

I wondered about the Maroney trade too, but then I thought, I have no experience running or coaching an NFL team, I do not have five Super Bowl rings, I have never been inside the Patriots' locker room, I have no detailed knowledge of the players and their capabilities, and I do not know whether something is in the works.  So I decided to trust that the man that has or knows all these things may have made the right decision. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Edelman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch:
    [QUOTE]Classic Belichick. We have a stable of injury prone (Taylor, Morris) and "old RB's and we hastily trade probably our best one ( not saying much)..and one of the youngest for yet MORE draft picks..then a week later we lose Faulk. BB didn't figure that somewhere along the line one of these guys would go down??? Now granted, Faulk has been durable but you have to figure Taylor or Morris aren't far behind. Yet MORE blunders with personell!

Perhaps you could lend Coach Belichick your crystal ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from foxboro1. Show foxboro1's posts

he protects brady alot he reads and reacts to the blitz as well as any back in the nfl.  remember faulk was suspended for game 1 2008  i believe if he was there brady would not have gptten hurt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

There were a few posters who mentioned the downside of trading Maroney for a swap of crapshoot draft picks (what amounts to nothing) at the time of the trade, and the worse news is that you can well expect both Morris and Fragile Fred to go down, too . . .   but injuries are all just part of the magic and quality depth remains key to any success the Pats hope to have during the war of attrition that is the NFL season.

There's a reason our mothers (and their mothers before them) caution not to cry over spilled milk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It is what it is. The big question becomes who is going to step up and replace (i understand there is no replacing him) Faulk? We can't just simply bring in a back who can block. Faulk's beauty was that he could block, run or catch and kept defenses guessing. 

Danny Woodhead is decent. I'd be interested to see what he can do in the Pats system. The guy was ultra-productive at the division 2 level, where he won consecutive awards (Div 2 equivalent to Heisman)...He can run and he can catch. I don't know if he can block. 

I dont' see much else on the roster or practice squad in terms of replacements. Edelman to a degree perhaps, but he'll get killed carrying the ball and is not near a good blocker as we need to protect Brady from a 250+lb rushing LB. 

Is there anyone available on the market currently? either out of work, or perhaps trade bait?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Bill Belichick did do something, he picked up Woodhead. Time to see if this kid can preform, from the videos of him on youtub it looks like he will

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

A healthy Taylor makes all the difference. But injuries happen. Reggie Bush broke his right fibula last night. Jerious Norwood tore his ACL Sunday. Houston Texans rookie running back Ben Tate fractured his ankle in his first pre-season game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch:
    [QUOTE]we hastily trade probably our best one ( not saying muchPosted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

you're right. don't worry it'll work ist way out. you probably thought the same thing when brady got injured and cassell came in, didn't you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I agree.  I think it was poor planning. 
    Just like trading Vrabel and Seymour with no backup plan, and the Pats paid dearly for it.  Getting rid of Maroney with 2 old guys who have been injured a lot left Faulk and the law firm.  Now we have the law firm, Morris and sure enough, an injured Taylor.
    The kool aid drinkers think BB is infallible.  He is not.  The question is, has BB shot his load?  It has been a long 6 years since the last parade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch : you're right. don't worry it'll work ist way out. you probably thought the same thing when brady got injured and cassell came in, didn't you.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    And Cassel worked out great didn't he?  So great BB bounced his a** out of town.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

smorgan86, do you find that you know an unusually high number of people who have committed suicide?  Do your friends and family members seem more depressed than they should?  Do you find yourself being moved from department to department at work?  Either you are trying to be negative or you are simply one of the most negative posters around.  I would have hated to have you in my unit in the Army.  I could just imagine you trying to "motivate" your fellow troops when the going got rough.

Perhaps you own a company selling anti-depressents in the Boston area...

I'll give you an even more depressing thought...life before Kraft and BB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Way to plan ahead on the RB sitch : And Cassel worked out great didn't he?  So great BB bounced his a** out of town.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

I suppose you are aware that Cassel was going to be a free agent after the season, right?  I suppose you know that the Pats only tagged him to get some trade value out of him, right?  I suppose you know that the Pats could never have afforded to keep both Brady and Cassel (under the tag), right?  I suppose you know that Cassel would have never accepted staying with the Pats as a backup for minor $$$ after the 2008 season had they not franchised him, right?

So I'm confused.  What exactly didn't work out with Cassel?  He did a fine job in 2008.  He was going to be gone in 2009 anyway, so BB figured out how to get some trade value out of him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

First of all, we aren't talking about some great RB in Maroney, we're talking about someone as fragile as Fred Taylor/Sammy Morris.  The person who was injured (Faulk) was the one who wasn't expected to, Law Firm having never had to carry a load is a question mark.  It wasn't a great trade by any means, we basically only moved up 64ish spots in the draft, and in hindsight, it would be nice to still have maroney.  That being said I've been waiting for him to be traded for the past year+.

Also, I don't know if people have just been ignoring it, but props to eWhite!  Edelman has lined up at HB in practice prior to this injury, and with Welker back the place he could make his biggest impact is probably as a 3rd down back, doing exactly what faulk did.  We'll have to wait and see how well he picks up the blitz.

Also, could we see LJ coming to town?  He was released today because he can't play special teams....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I say we have yet to see the best of The Law Firm and he will step up as ruunner and pass catcher!  All the Ole Miss guys can play the game!

Also, let's give Larry Johnson a try.  He is a real power back and can get you those third and shorts and TD's down close!  Onening the checkbook for Logamn might be a good idea too!

We will all miss Kevin.  Great player with many skills and courage.