we are rebuilding deal with it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

we are rebuilding deal with it

first, the patriots are trying to blow away the notion the window is closing and are doing very well base on some of the posts on this board. but make no mistake we are rebuilding this franchise.  many fans are fooled because they are still a competitive team, but make no mistake this team is rebuilding.  look how far the cowboys and 49ers fell when they were rebuilding.  The pats still win division titles and make the playoffs and thats a credit to the way they manage the cap.  This is without a doubt the best run organization in football.  imagine the colts losing manning would they go 11-5 without him.  not likely. 

second, this plays into all the fans crying about not signing a free agent day one.  only 2 or 3 teams signed players so get over it.  plus they were all marginal overpriced players. 

finally,  you were all happy winning super bowls with their philosophy regarding high priced free agents.  you don't want to accept the fact that they are rebuilding because they are so successful during this transitional period which is directly related to the way the organization is run.  Instant gratification is the downfall of society as a whole.  nobody wants to pay their dues anymore.  just like life, NFL football requires you to pay your dues.  The redskins have gone for instant gratification every year since synder and look where they are.  Now look at the patriots steady as she goes,  calculated risks, fiscal responsibility= competive teams year in and out. 

don't get me wrong, like anybody, I would love to see some star free agents added, but in the overall picture one or two guys eating up 10 percent of the cap or more isn't going to help a team of 54 win in the end. 

have some patience and let the offseason process work itself out before blasting away.  I'll be the first to blast if I don't like it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: we are rebuilding deal with it

In Response to Re: we are rebuilding deal with it:
    In Response to Re: we are rebuilding deal with it : ladyleon are you one of cromarties 7 baby mamas.
    Posted by hagen910

LOL. don't feed the monster

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

this team isnt rebuilding.they may be re-tooling.yes they get there youth players through the draft,and hope they become something.then they bring in whatever vet in the free agency to add exsperience.if this team was rebuilding.moss brady and a few others would be gone,and we would be looking like the buc,s.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Lady Leon?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lady Leon?
    Posted by mosseffect43

He finally got the money tgether for the surgery last week, or should I have said she?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Another thread hagen , are you kidding me? Seriously you have no idea what your talking. First of all the PATS have ALWAYS brought in players if they thought they would help the team either through trade or vis F/A. And while I wouldnt have taken Peppers or Dansby for that much money you cant blame people for wanting their team to get better. Theres a lot of built up frustration with this team even if they are contenders every year. Overall the PATS have done a terrible job drafting the past 5-6 years , made some bad F/A signings. And it doesnt help their case when they let a top 5 corner go in Samuel. Yea he gambles and maybe the Eagles overpayed a lil' bit , but your ALWAYS going to overpay when it comes to top talent and theres no debate about him being a top 5 guy. And Im sorry everyone knows they let him go because of those two plays in the SB. How can you blame some people if their pi ss ed , we just saw the Ravens kills us through the ground. LOL and they told us they were going to run it and they made no secret about running it on what would have been Seys side. And something else Ive been telling people , mostly people like you that dont have a clue. Im glad 81effect pointed it out as well , this team isnt REBUILDING , the Browns are rebuilding , the Lions are rebuilding , the Bucs are rebuilding...WE are re-tooling. We have a core group of guys , smaller than the group we had 8-10 years ago , but we still have a core. Seriously man you posted 300 threads the last 3 days and have no idea what your talking about in all of them LOL-LMFAO! Like I said before , you dont know half as much as you think you do so relax. I swear your that loser in the office that loves to tell everyone how much you know about sports. Go tell someone whos on your level ... like a staircase or vacuum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

They are definitely rebuilding their offense. They have to. You can't use the shotgun as your base offense. That worked in 2007, but no longer.

The first sign would be the addition of a true fullback. Maroney needs to go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Rebuilding would be getting a new QB, new staff, new players, and guys like Moss,Brady,Warren then would all be on the block.

Your post is a waste and really it makes you come off like a fool. This team has very few holes and it had very few holes last year. The Pats had four huge problems last year.

1-Coaching and the inability to hold onto the lead. Seriously Bill and his staff lacked this past year.

2-Players just overall having no intensity. No one on D was being a leader while the offense had to carry this team. 

3-Brady being unhealthy.- This was a problem where his knee was forgotten and the ribs were bothering him more.

4-Inability to get to the QB. 

The talent is on the roster and this is an amazing team but it needs 3-4 more things and some young pieces for the future. Really... Its pathetic that we forget this team basically finished 11-5 this past season and the Broncos,Colts game they should have been 13-3. This thread gets a big dose of child please. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

You just listed 3-4 problems. 2 of them arent even really valid at this point.

No pass rush- Thats something they need to address in the draft simple as that.

Having no Welker- Unless your his doctor I wouldnt really say anything on that. Last time Chad Jackson tore his ACL in the AFC championship game and apparently he was ready by the middle of training camp thankfully the Pats that offseason grabbed 4 WRs by the names of Moss,Welker,Stallworth,Washington and had no room for him on the opening day roster so stalled him on PUP. Welker this year isnt out of the question at all so unless your his doctor I wouldnt really say anything on that.

No number 2 WR- Draft seriously how many NFL ready WRs are there in this draft that the Pats can take and throw into the system. I can think of 4 off the top of my head LaFell, Tate, Deymarius Thomas, and Damian Williams.

Might lose their best corner-Well this hasnt happened yet and even if it does they have Butler who is a stud in the making and Wilhite well who is worse than Hobbs so looking for an upgrade over Wilhite needs to come fast.

*Before I go on Wheatley just posted on his facebook hes in the hospital so that should put the CB situation in even better retrospect*

This team has holes at WR,OLB,TE, and CB if the Bodden leaves. Teams in this league right now have so much more problems than these 3-4. Also you seem to forget about how the coaching had a brain lapse last year in your post loved how you skipped out on that.

Simply put this way as long as Brady and Belichick are under contract with the Patriots then this team will be winning games and competitive year in and out. The D is headed in the right direction, they got younger at LB, and S, soon to be dumping that bum Adalius and getting another backer in the draft while Butler, and Wilhite continue to grow. The offense Moss plays another year, the stable of RBs continue to do their jobs, Edelman steps up and continues to shine, offensive line continues their great play, and Brady a year after surgery will finally be 100% and in his prime.

Or I could be a typical boston fan and throw my team under the bus because one thing didnt go my way. What a joke

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: we are rebuilding deal with it: Maroney bllllllows. How can a guy that big be so soft? I can;t stand watching the guy. Every time we hand him the ball, I feel like we are giving away a down.
    They are definitely rebuilding their offense. They have to. You can't use the shotgun as your base offense. That worked in 2007, but no longer. The first sign would be the addition of a true fullback. Maroney needs to go.
    Posted by CubanPete

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Rebuilding is a word used for teams like the Lions, a poor excuse for why their team stinks year in and year out.  I have to wonder how many other teams would consider rebuilding with a QB like Brady.  The Pats should be loading up and paying the big bucks for players like Marshall.  But their not, and that's just not acceptable.  You have to wonder what Brady is thinking when his team isn't giving him the weapons he desires.  Something Peyton has never had to deal with.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

It's still early in the offseason.  If you want to project this team with the roster as currently constituted, of course it still has holes.  There are still some FA's out there and this team has some draft picks at its disposal.  Some of those holes will close.   

This team is rebuilding on the fly, no doubt about it.  There was roster turnover last year, and expect more this year.  I think the current owner and coach have shown a track record of continued, sustainable success.  I think they realize that Brady won't be here forever, and I'm sure they are doing what they can to build another winning roster.   

People want perfection every year and it's just not gonna happen. The problem with some of the Johnny-come-lately fans around here is that your fandom began when the Pats first started having their success.  Of course you don't want to see it end,  but throwing money at big name free agents isn't a proven or prudent way to build continued success.  Star chasing and big names isn't the be all end all of getting to the superbowl.  

Relax a little bit, and be prepared to see this retooling process play itself out.  It's entirely possible that the Pats will need a year or two more to make a run again.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

BBRULES,

If you like the way the Colt's do things, why don't you become a fan of the Colt's. The Pats have never won it all while working with the "Star System" of football team building. I would much rather have it the old way, with a bunch of good no name players that doesn't bring out all the fantasy football loonies that think they could run an NFL team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

BBRULES, If you like the way the Colt's do things, why don't you become a fan of the Colt's. The Pats have never won it all while working with the "Star System" of football team building. I would much rather have it the old way, with a bunch of good no name players that doesn't bring out all the fantasy football loonies that think they could run an NFL team.
    Posted by rtuinila

Okay, it's all about the system.  Tom Brady was drafted in 2000 and sat on the bench. Outcome was 5-11 last place(8-8 the year before).  In 2008, Cassel came in the system with a decent 11-5 and no playoffs.  If a system works, then it shouldn't be dependent on one player. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Rebuilding?  No.  Retooling?  No.

Inactive?  Yes.  Standing Pat?  yes.

In for a long year?  Yes.