"We do what's best for the team."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

"We do what's best for the team."

That's BB's pat answer for everything. If this is true, BB should fire himself as GM and bring in somebody else, and just stick to coaching the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re:

The only reason they are in every game and have 10 wins is because of the depth BB has built as the GM.

I know you think that it's all Brady carrying the team on his shoulders and you may be partially correct but without the depth this would be a .500 team at best with all the injuries they have had to compensate for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re:

Who is determining what is best for the team? 

There have been many instances that show the team is making decisions that aren't what is best for the team.  One example would be the story that came out after the draft that BB did not listen to the scouts at draft time.  So apparently the scouts are not in on the "what's best for the team" meetings.

The Pats need a legit GM.  Having the same GM and Head Coach is a conflict of interest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who is determining what is best for the team? 

There have been many instances that show the team is making decisions that aren't what is best for the team.  One example would be the story that came out after the draft that BB did not listen to the scouts at draft time.  So apparently the scouts are not in on the "what's best for the team" meetings.

The Pats need a legit GM.  Having the same GM and Head Coach is a conflict of interest.

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that being GM as well has to subtract from his time to be a coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only reason they are in every game and have 10 wins is because of the depth BB has built as the GM.

I know you think that it's all Brady carrying the team on his shoulders and you may be partially correct but without the depth this would be a .500 team at best with all the injuries they have had to compensate for.

[/QUOTE]

Depth? When most of your starters suck, it doesn't take much to fill their shoes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re:

10-4

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

10-4

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tom.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re:

I won't believe that statement until they Fire Mc Daniels..................

Funny how Brady never had Red Zone troubles pre Gronk/ Mc D ( remember Vrable catching TD's)   They move flawlessly from 20 to 20 with or without Gronk but when the numbers crunch inside the opp 20......Mc D can't figure out how to score minus ONE player..................Pharking disgraceful!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re:

If BB "fired himself as GM" he'd have to come to this decision entirely on his own.

There is no way on Earth that Kraft would ever suggest such a thing.  First, he learned his lesson from the Parcells saga.  Second, if you risk alienating the "GM", you risk losing the Coach as well.

Then there's always ego involved.  Do you really think BB would ever confess to having too big a plate?  Would not happen.  Would he cede control over the draft?  No.

Realistically he could bring someone in with a nebulous title that could assist with GM duties.   But only BB and that person (hand-picked by BB) would know who was pulling the strings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny how Brady never had Red Zone troubles pre Gronk/ Mc D ( remember Vrable catching TD's)   They move flawlessly from 20 to 20 with or without Gronk but when the numbers crunch inside the opp 20......Mc D can't figure out how to score minus ONE player..................Pharking disgraceful!!!

[/QUOTE]

McD is just another example of BB putting on the job training guys in key roles. We haven't had real coordinators since Weiss and Romeo left.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re:

Oh please. Pure garbage.

It's just a title.

The Director of player personnel and scouting is handling all that work based on looking for clearly defined "patriots" style players, to FIT very specific role requirements.

Who do you think is defining that? The coach you love so much.

What I would like is for someone to explain to me how a coach they feel is a great coach successfully decides which player should play where on the field and in which situations and also which players won't even make the team and be cut outright?

Clearly if you feel a coach can't evaluate talent, which is the GM complaint, how do you expect that same coach to keep the right players on the team and put them in the right position for the right situations?

Clealry they can't evaluate talent as many would suggest so they can't possibly be able to keep, play, or cut the right guys either.

Complete nonsense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re:

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

10-4

[/QUOTE]

Roger Wilco Over and Out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree,  no creativity. NOt ONe playaction in redzone to fullback who is always open.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If BB "fired himself as GM" he'd have to come to this decision entirely on his own.

There is no way on Earth that Kraft would ever suggest such a thing.  First, he learned his lesson from the Parcells saga.  Second, if you risk alienating the "GM", you risk losing the Coach as well.

Then there's always ego involved.  Do you really think BB would ever confess to having too big a plate?  Would not happen.  Would he cede control over the draft?  No.

Realistically he could bring someone in with a nebulous title that could assist with GM duties.   But only BB and that person (hand-picked by BB) would know who was pulling the strings.

[/QUOTE]

It's never going to happen. You're right, Kraft won't mess with BB. And BB will never ever ever admit he just isn't anything special in the team building department.

So we are doomed to watch helplessly as the very last of the Brady years are squandered away.

After that, if BB sticks around, mediocrity will permeate the place.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

McD is just another example of BB putting on the job training guys in key roles. We haven't had real coordinators since Weiss and Romeo left.

[/QUOTE]

Can I get an Amen.......I said in a post a few years ago when BB took over the whole ball o wax that he was in danger of falling to Shanahan Syndrome.............and you see where Shannies Ego has finally taken him. Lets hope post Brady doesn't look like Post Elway

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh please. Pure garbage.

It's just a title.

The Director of player personnel and scouting is handling all that work based on looking for clearly defined "patriots" style players, to FIT very specific role requirements.

Who do you think is defining that? The coach you love so much.

What I would like is for someone to explain to me how a coach they feel is a great coach successfully decides which player should play where on the field and in which situations and also which players won't even make the team and be cut outright?

Clearly if you feel a coach can't evaluate talent, which is the GM complaint, how do you expect that same coach to keep the right players on the team and put them in the right position for the right situations?

Clealry they can't evaluate talent as many would suggest so they can't possibly be able to keep, play, or cut the right guys either.

Complete nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously evaluating talent you actually have on a practice field and in pre-season games is an entirely different thing than scouting and watching film of college guys.

As a coach BB is nearly infallible in knowing who to keep and who to boot.

As a GM he isn't even a shadow of his coaching self in evaluating incoming college guys. His drafts prove that conclusively.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re:

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree,  no creativity. NOt ONe playaction in redzone to fullback who is always open.

[/QUOTE]

.......and not one use of the only tall red zone threat on the roster....Mulligan.....I guess only Gronk can run those routes for Mc D

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can I get an Amen.......I said in a post a few years ago when BB took over the whole ball o wax that he was in danger of falling to Shanahan Syndrome.............and you see where Shannies Ego has finally taken him. Lets hope post Brady doesn't look like Post Elway

[/QUOTE]

I have also been saying this for years about the on the job training guys BB has promoted. It's a control freak thing. I agree 100%.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re:

With Belichick as GM, the Patriots have won more games than any other NFL team in the last dozen years and have had the most success overall.  So who are the proven GMs who are better?  Could we have some names of viable candidates?  

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's just not McDaniels. I agree that there is a reason O'Brien come off looking like the same guy, and it's because Weis was not only superior, but he wouldn't take any crap, so to speak.

Brady didn't have this kind of autonomy under Weis, but he's had it under McDaniels.  Something has to give in these situations.

The common denominator is we back ourselves into a cornner by passing too much because we never genuinely tried to get a run game going early in the game.

When we do it, we win games like this. When we don't, we lose them.

I can tell you right now if we don't have 1 lead RB (Bolden, Ridley or Blount in that order, IMO), in Baltimore next week doing this to set up playaction later on, we will lose.

Wagers on open. I've asked many people on here who challenge me on this to accept my more than fair offer.

35+ passes vs Balt and a win, I lose the bet.

35- and we lose, I lose the bet.

35- and we win, I win the bet.

It's just so simple. Either Brady, McDaniels and some fans realize we need a run game to stave off a good front 7 than rush 4 or we don't and we up the odds to lose.

Blount had some nice runs on the first drive and then they started to run playaction on the next drive. You can get to playaction on your second drive. The 2nd qtr would be the earliest to get to it.

That's what is disturbing. They're not using the run game to genuinely use it the way it needs to be used.

[/QUOTE]

i totally agree withh you here rusty. why the F dont we continue to run the ball all game, ESPECIALLY in the red area. blows my mind. ridley looked great yesterday same with blount! blows my mind man.  mcd is a real headcase

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.