In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

With Belichick as GM, the Patriots have won more games than any other NFL team in the last dozen years and have had the most success overall.  So who are the proven GMs who are better?  Could we have some names of viable candidates?  

[/QUOTE]

start with the GM's who dont have Tom Brady and coach in the AFC Easy for the past decade and we will go from there...

[/QUOTE]

Okay, let's have some names.  There are 28 teams if you want to exclude the AFC East.  Which of those teams' GMs should Robert Kraft have in for interviews?  Not a single name has been put forward in this entire discussion.  Surely if Belichick is so awful, a number of alternatives must come to mind right away. 

[/QUOTE]

i never said bellichick was awful...u just asked for others who coul be considered and i pointed out that bb the gm has had two things in his favor others have not and the first one-Brady-is a big advantage and covers many a GM sin...plus it sounds weird but its true: BB the GM benefits from BB the coach

just b/c one can coach talent does not mean one can evaluate or pick talent

[/QUOTE]

This is just the truth. You, a Jints fan are complimenting Brady as a player and BB as a coach here, so nobody can say you are just being a troll and slamming BB. The guy is just nothing special as a GM. It's as plain as day.

Some of these guys would rather get a root canal than admit that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

DOwn only 7, we panic and this is where it goes awry. The shotgun spread addiction:

Then entire drive is a shotgun spread! Game over.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331215015&period=4

Do ya see? Do ya see?

All we had to do was not panic, keep running it, eat clock and get 7. But, we shot ourselves in the foot to the point we limited our playbook once in the red zone.

FAIL.

Scheme fail. And that started way back on the 2nd drive of the game. You can't committing to a run game.

We would have tied it, eaten some clock, regained momentum and possibly had the ball last, if not taken the lead outright to ice it.

[/QUOTE]

literally rusty... every single person. everyone. everyone espn, nfl, anywhere anyoone. has mentioned defensive struggles. yes we all know the offense is a struggle guess what? should not affect the defenses play. they have been giving up points in the secind half.

its a team loss. offense certainly could've done more. defense (gregory making a 4th & 5 tackle) could've done more as well. its true

[/QUOTE]

I just heard some moron on 98,5, a national head say the same thing. It's just not true.

Is the D decimated by injuries and down to 2nd and sometimes 3rd stringers? Yes.

But the D is not anywhere as bad as claimed. This happens every year in terms of this repeat rhetoric about how bad our D is and I look at Denver and just cannot ignore the hypocrisy of the media.

Chandler Jones and Talib healthy, last Janaury, maybe we beat Baltimore? This year. we're playing many key people down. It's just irrational and disgusting, littered with a disinegenuous, anti-BB induced claim.

Last January I saw a floundering offense not helping them when they could be helping them. Same thing last week vs Cleveland or this game on Sunday. Where's the offense?

7 points at allowed at halftime doesn't mean your offense just takes the second half off to see if the D can hold the other team to 0, 7 or 10 points in the second half it's like some event on a Japanese game show.

Wake up.

The winner of tonight's game scores more than 20 points. I'll bet you right now.

[/QUOTE]

okay so the d has injuries. thats why they are bad. admit tht for me rusty. i know its seriously so disheartening with all these injuries becuae imo this D couldve been as good since 2004ish not as good but good nough to carry us. face it. the injuries (talib not being 100) have come back to bite us.. thats it. cant blame them. Chris Jones Joe Vellano arent NFL starters. gregory isnt either. an hightower is out of place. there's no controling it. its the hand we've been dealt. now accept that the d struggling and they still can improve. jsut like the O it can improve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

D was very good last week in the first half and this week as well. The offense's putrid display over large stretches 

The D holds to 17 in Miami without a Gostkowski miss, short kick off or are poor second half offense.

If our D holds to 17 points and doesn't have long stretches of offensive screw ups or STs gaffes, I'll be thrilled, because it should be enough to win in the AFC and possibly the SB.

You do not stay objective. You said today that Brady took a subtle jab at the D when he said what he said LAST WEEK, not this week.

NFLN is running a thing on the ticker that Brady is "irked by the playcalling".  He's part of it as 98.5s Adam Jones just said 90 minutes ago!

Wake up!

Our offense needs to be MUCH better. OFFENSE.

Offensive era.  Wake up!

As decimated as our D is, they'll allow 20 points or under from their own accord. The question is, can our offense score more than 20?

Last two weeks:

Answer....NO (barring a mircacle onside kicks and free PI play to win it).

[/QUOTE]

KEY WORDS: D was good FIRST HALF. then the wheels fell off. im not disagreeing at all here rusty. first half defense has been good. very good. but the wheels fall off bad in the second

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re:

42, how do your GM and coach keep their jobs? Pathetic record in the worst division in football, missed playoffs 4 of the last 5 years. All that despite having an elite QB (allegedly) and a dominating defense (again, allegedly).

I can't imagine the blood vessels that would be bursting on this board if the Pats missed the playoffs or had a losing record, even one year.  Four of five years?! Babe would be leading a lynching party with pitchforks and torches, and those scary midieval hoodies.

Your team stinks like dead fish, and you're here running down a 10-4 team? I guess the standards in Foxboro are somewhat higher than in East Rutherford.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

D was very good last week in the first half and this week as well. The offense's putrid display over large stretches 

The D holds to 17 in Miami without a Gostkowski miss, short kick off or are poor second half offense.

If our D holds to 17 points and doesn't have long stretches of offensive screw ups or STs gaffes, I'll be thrilled, because it should be enough to win in the AFC and possibly the SB.

You do not stay objective. You said today that Brady took a subtle jab at the D when he said what he said LAST WEEK, not this week.

NFLN is running a thing on the ticker that Brady is "irked by the playcalling".  He's part of it as 98.5s Adam Jones just said 90 minutes ago!

Wake up!

Offensive era.  Wake up!

As decimated as our D is, they'll allow 20 points or under from their own accord. The question is, can our offense score more than 20?

Last two weeks:

[/QUOTE]

KEY WORDS: D was good FIRST HALF. then the wheels fell off. im not disagreeing at all here rusty. first half defense has been good. very good. but the wheels fall off bad in the second

[/QUOTE]

You can't expect brady to put up 30 points a game every week it's impossible . How any points did the saints QB DB put up yesterday. When the pats went up 20-17 did you think the D was going to hold on for the last 4 minutes not me. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wake up!

Offensive era.  Wake up!

Last two weeks:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't expect brady to put up 30 points a game every week it's impossible . How any points did the saints QB DB put up yesterday. When the pats went up 20-17 did you think the D was going to hold on for the last 4 minutes not me. 

[/QUOTE]

not at all. i knew we already lost. we left too much time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

DOwn only 7, we panic and this is where it goes awry. The shotgun spread addiction:

Do ya see? Do ya see?

All we had to do was not panic, keep running it, eat clock and get 7. But, we shot ourselves in the foot to the point we limited our playbook once in the red zone.

FAIL.

Scheme fail. And that started way back on the 2nd drive of the game. You can't committing to a run game.

We would have tied it, eaten some clock, regained momentum and possibly had the ball last, if not taken the lead outright to ice it.

[/QUOTE]

literally rusty... every single person. everyone. everyone espn, nfl, anywhere anyoone. has mentioned defensive struggles. yes we all know the offense is a struggle guess what? should not affect the defenses play. they have been giving up points in the secind half.

its a team loss. offense certainly could've done more. defense (gregory making a 4th & 5 tackle) could've done more as well. its true

[/QUOTE]

I just heard some moron on 98,5, a national head say the same thing. It's just not true.

Is the D decimated by injuries and down to 2nd and sometimes 3rd stringers? Yes.

But the D is not anywhere as bad as claimed. This happens every year in terms of this repeat rhetoric about how bad our D is and I look at Denver and just cannot ignore the hypocrisy of the media.

Chandler Jones and Talib healthy, last Janaury, maybe we beat Baltimore? This year. we're playing many key people down. It's just irrational and disgusting, littered with a disinegenuous, anti-BB induced claim.

Last January I saw a floundering offense not helping them when they could be helping them. Same thing last week vs Cleveland or this game on Sunday. Where's the offense?

7 points at allowed at halftime doesn't mean your offense just takes the second half off to see if the D can hold the other team to 0, 7 or 10 points in the second half it's like some event on a Japanese game show.

Wake up.

The winner of tonight's game scores more than 20 points. I'll bet you right now.

[/QUOTE]

You are such an idiot.  Now you have added yet another arbitrarily crucial number.  First it was the, teams cannot win with more than 40 passes per game,  now it's teams cannot win if they don't score 20 ppg.  Hey moron, have you noticed that six teams give up less than 20 ppg?  Strange, Seattle has won 3 out of 4 scoring less than 20 ppg.  I guess you once again have been proven to be a moron.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

With Belichick as GM, the Patriots have won more games than any other NFL team in the last dozen years and have had the most success overall.  So who are the proven GMs who are better?  Could we have some names of viable candidates?  

[/QUOTE]

start with the GM's who dont have Tom Brady and coach in the AFC Easy for the past decade and we will go from there...

[/QUOTE]

Your division stinks 2. Any time you peope lose to the cowboys 2 in a year = your season has ended. Your team has quit. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Re:

tfb12 on the watch

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wake up!

Offensive era.  Wake up!

Last two weeks:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not asking for 30 or every week.  Asking for 21, 24, 25, 26, maybe 27.

It would have been great if the 4th and 5 tackle came a half yard sooner, but it didn't. I don't see many Ds holding at the end of ANY of these games in the NFL anymore.

That's kind of the point here.  Put up your points with methodical drives, don't turn it over or expect 4th qtr finishes like this.

I don't want the Pats wasting time, running a clear, failed scheme anymore. That's what I don't want.

Wagers are still open on my premise.

So far not takers for next week in Baltimore. No teams win games week to week by just scoring 20 points.

[/QUOTE]

Unless you have a Seattle or SF Defense lol. I understand your point though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Re:

Rusty...I asked you in another post and didn't see an answer...

If Tom Brady is such a source of failure and shortcomings and BB is such a genuis beyond reproach than why on earth doesnt he trade, cut or bench him?

According to you Brady has been this way for several years. Surely long enough for BB to realize a change was needed, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re:

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Do ya see? Do ya see?

FAIL.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wake up.

[/QUOTE]

You are such an idiot.  Now you have added yet another arbitrarily crucial number.  First it was the, teams cannot win with more than 40 passes per game,  now it's teams cannot win if they don't score 20 ppg.  Hey moron, have you noticed that six teams give up less than 20 ppg?  Strange, Seattle has won 3 out of 4 scoring less than 20 ppg.  I guess you once again have been proven to be a moron.

[/QUOTE]

Not in the AFC all d's can be had though

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Re:

^ shots fired

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re:

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty...I asked you in another post and didn't see an answer...

If Tom Brady is such a source of failure and shortcomings and BB is such a genuis beyond reproach than why on earth doesnt he trade, cut or bench him?

According to you Brady has been this way for several years. Surely long enough for BB to realize a change was needed, right?

[/QUOTE]

Brady is the QB here until he retires or is told to move on like Brett Farve. I disagree with rusty on  that one. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

Did Stinkman just claim Denver's D is good? bawahaha!

Priceless!  Absolutely priceless.  

[/QUOTE]

No I didn't 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re:

All the D's in the AFC can be had meaning they aren't good . Please I haven't lost my marbles yet lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wake up!

Offensive era.  Wake up!

Last two weeks:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not asking for 30 or every week.  Asking for 21, 24, 25, 26, maybe 27.

It would have been great if the 4th and 5 tackle came a half yard sooner, but it didn't. I don't see many Ds holding at the end of ANY of these games in the NFL anymore.

That's kind of the point here.  Put up your points with methodical drives, don't turn it over or expect 4th qtr finishes like this.

I don't want the Pats wasting time, running a clear, failed scheme anymore. That's what I don't want.

Wagers are still open on my premise.

So far not takers for next week in Baltimore. No teams win games week to week by just scoring 20 points.

[/QUOTE]

No teams win games "week to week" giving up a rating of 120 to the opposing QB.  Tell me, moron, which do you think there aremore of in the NFL in 2013, teams that won scoring fewer than 20 points or teams that won when the opposing QB had a rating of 120+?