"We do what's best for the team."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good stuff - Ok so lets have a go at this. 

I'll say it now as I have before - If Brady were in Manning's spot in these situations, the board would be killing the defense for their failures and apologizing up and down for any of the Brady mistakes. 

and I will point to it again - amidst either playoffs or regular seasons - Manning has a better passer rating that Brady.  Manning has more 4th Q comebacks, more game winning drives, more mvps, more 1st team all-pro designations, etc.  Wins in football require help from all facets of the game, a QB cannot do it all.  Brady has far and away benefitted from better kicking, better defense, and better return game performance from his mates than Manning.  It cannot be debated.  What Brady has found, and even stated this last week, with more on his shoulders, the margin for error is very thin, and since that margin has thinned for him, he hasn't won.

[/QUOTE]

Dome. HOF receivers. 1800 more pass attempts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re:

So let me get this straight not one of those years is on Manning. The kicker, the opposing teams punter, the receivers, the defense, the place kicker again, the mauling of his recievers, the weather, the receivers again, an onside kick, defense again and why blame him for the int in OT it was the defenses fault he thew that pick.

I got it...LMAO every one of those years and games it was somebody elses fault. Yup, just like Polian and manning himself the kings of the excuses. If it makes you sleep better at night to lay blame elsewhere knock yourself out.

Not sure what to call your defense of manning but it sort of mirrors the way Rusty defends BB regardless of the move or call. Wow, just wow. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re:

t1_brady.jpg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Manning has a better passer rating that Brady.  Manning has more 4th Q comebacks, more game winning drives, more mvps, more 1st team all-pro designations, etc.  Wins in football require help from all facets of the game, a QB cannot do it all.  Brady has far and away benefitted from better kicking, better defense, and better return game performance from his mates than Manning

UD..........all those stats you rambled off show 1 ring..........and questionable at that.

A Champion overcomes and adapts.....being clutch...Manning lacks that. That is why Brady will always have more SB appearances and more rings.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah - Brady's a much better kicker. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So let me get this straight not one of those years is on Manning. The kicker, the opposing teams punter, the receivers, the defense, the place kicker again, the mauling of his recievers, the weather, the receivers again, an onside kick, defense again and why blame him for the int in OT it was the defenses fault he thew that pick.

I got it...LMAO every one of those years and games it was somebody elses fault. Yup, just like Polian and manning himself the kings of the excuses. If it makes you sleep better at night to lay blame elsewhere knock yourself out.

Not sure what to call your defense of manning but it sort of mirrors the way Rusty defends BB regardless of the move or call. Wow, just wow. 

[/QUOTE]

Nope - I didn't say that, but the point is that I can make a case in everyone of those games for things that Brady generally didn't have to deal with.  Bad running defense.  If an offense can run the ball, they can control a game.  Kickers missing key kicks that affected the outcome of games. 

In his successful games, and I'll confirm this at some time, Brady had a lot of help - 2001-2004 his D got turnovers galore and help the opponents rushing game in check in all but one game and had a kicker that didn't miss when it mattered. 

How is it that amidst all of this supposed failure and Brady's supposed success that Manning has a better playoff QB rating than Brady? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope - I didn't say that, but the point is that I can make a case in everyone of those games for things that Brady generally didn't have to deal with.  Bad running defense.  If an offense can run the ball, they can control a game.  Kickers missing key kicks that affected the outcome of games. 

In his successful games, and I'll confirm this at some time, Brady had a lot of help - 2001-2004 his D got turnovers galore and help the opponents rushing game in check in all but one game and had a kicker that didn't miss when it mattered. 

How is it that amidst all of this supposed failure and Brady's supposed success that Manning has a better playoff QB rating than Brady? 

[/QUOTE]

failure = losing...

Brady 17-7 most playoff wins in NFL histroy. 3 SB wins

Manning 9-11 tied for most playoff losses in NFL history... 8 one and outs most in NFL history. 

As BB has said in the past Stats are for losers and W & L's are what matters.

Peyton Manning the greatest accumulator of stats in the regualar season.... playoffs it's always somebody elses fault.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Manning has a better passer rating that Brady.  Manning has more 4th Q comebacks, more game winning drives, more mvps, more 1st team all-pro designations, etc.  Wins in football require help from all facets of the game, a QB cannot do it all.  Brady has far and away benefitted from better kicking, better defense, and better return game performance from his mates than Manning

UD..........all those stats you rambled off show 1 ring..........and questionable at that.

A Champion overcomes and adapts.....being clutch...Manning lacks that. That is why Brady will always have more SB appearances and more rings.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He also has a 9/2 TD/INT ratio in the SB to Manning's 2/2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re:

Manning 9-11 tied for most playoff losses in NFL history... 8 one and outs most in NFL history. 

NFL coach Bill Parcells said You are what your record says you are

Do you disagree with him UD ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He will... he will say it was the receivers fault or the defenses fault or the opposing punters fault or the d-backs were physical with his receivers or it was the kickers fault. Did you knwo PM has never made a single mistake his entire career. Just ask Doggg, Bill Polian and Peyton manning himself they will tell you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

failure = losing...

As BB has said in the past Stats are for losers and W & L's are what matters.

Peyton Manning the greatest accumulator of stats in the regualar season.... playoffs it's always somebody elses fault.

[/QUOTE]
    I see - so what you are saying is Brady is better regardless of the fact that his play has not been better.  He's better because of his team's kicker and defense and special teams.  Got it.  That's like saying the Jets beat the pats twice in the superbowl because they share the home as the Giants.  Makes sense Undecided

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And yet Manning owns a better postseason passer rating.  go figure. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, especially because he was speaking in terms of TEAM not individual. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He will... he will say it was the receivers fault or the defenses fault or the opposing punters fault or the d-backs were physical with his receivers or it was the kickers fault. Did you knwo PM has never made a single mistake his entire career. Just ask Doggg, Bill Polian and Peyton manning himself they will tell you.

[/QUOTE]

Its interesting that you haven't refuted a point that I've made.  I keep addressing all of your points and your comeback is to go back to team records.  Don't you find that a bit embarrassing? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, especially because he was speaking in terms of TEAM not individual. 

[/QUOTE]

And individually, Manning is the biggest choker of all-time and Brady is the most clutch. Live with it, troll.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its interesting that you haven't refuted a point that I've made.  I keep addressing all of your points and your comeback is to go back to team records.  Don't you find that a bit embarrassing? 

[/QUOTE]

Ummm refute the fact you blamed everyone else except manning for his teams failures in the post season. I don't need to refute excuse making. Your excuse making is on record for all to read. No... what is embarrassing is your excuse making and use of deflection as a defense of a player who has contributed as much or more to all those numerous playoff failures. Next thing you know we will be blaming the weather and other such environmental occurrences... oh wait, never mind,you've done that also.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not hard to figure, troll. Manning has feasted in the wildcard round against the weakest teams. Actually, the wildcard round is the only postseason level he even enjoys a 2-1 TD-INT ratio. Brady has a 2-1 ratio or better in 3 of the four levels.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not hard to figure, troll. Manning has feasted in the wildcard round against the weakest teams. Actually, the wildcard round is the only postseason level he even enjoys a 2-1 TD-INT ratio. Brady has a 2-1 ratio or better in 3 of the four levels.

[/QUOTE]

That is a hogwash take.  Since 2000, teams that played in the wild card round have made the superbowl 9 of 13 years. 

• 3 of those years a WC round team won the SB - 06, 11, 12 (in 11 and 12, the SB winning team had the worst record of all playoff teams in it's conference). 
    • In 08, the worst record of all playoff teams in the NFC went to the SB, but lost.  
    • In 4 other years, actual wild card teams not only went to the superbowl, they won the superbowl. 

So the idea that wildcard round teams are somehow weaker doesn't really hold alot of weight.  Try again, Babe. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re:

Didn't this discussion start out about decisions made by BB as being "best" for the team?  How did we get to another debate about who is the better QB, Brady or Manning?  Take it out back, boys!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re:

So the idea that wildcard round teams are somehow weaker doesn't really hold alot of weight.

From 2000-2010 wild card teams have gone a combined 32-41 (.438) in the playoffs while all other seeds  have gone 89-80 (.527).

In the AFC which is the relevant conference it is even more skewed with wild card teams having a combined 16-21 record (.432) while all other seeds have gone 46-38 (.548).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So the idea that wildcard round teams are somehow weaker doesn't really hold alot of weight.

[/QUOTE]

From 2000-2010 wild card teams have gone a combined 32-41 (.438) in the playoffs while all other seeds  have gone 89-80 (.527).

In the AFC which is the relevant conference it is even more skewed with wild card teams having a combined 16-21 record (.432) while all other seeds have gone 46-38 (.548).

[/QUOTE]
    From 2000-2010 Wild Card Teams in the wild card round (the round being discussed) were 13-9 (.591) and division winners were 9- 13 (.409) in the AFC.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

From 2000-2010 Wild Card Teams in the wild card round (the round being discussed) were 13-9 (.591) and division winners were 9- 13 (.409) in the AFC.   
    [/QUOTE]

Hey Gomez...how's that Trent Richardson deal working for ya'?

LOL!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

TP!!!!  The little man from the big state.  How are you?  I hope you are healthy, wealthy, and well.  Thanks for changing the subject.  These guys have had enough logic from me on this subject of Brady vs. Manning.  Either that or they are digging but have yet to find their pot of gold.   

Trent Richardson - Damn.  As a homer, I am still hopeful.  He did have some better production last week.  Lets hope it continues especially with Brown a little hobbled (IMAGINE ME REPPING BROWN - LOL!!!).  Anyway - I really have nothing but hope against history.  Pretty pathetic, but its all I've got. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

TP!!!!  The little man from the big state.  How are you?  I hope you are healthy, wealthy, and well.  Thanks for changing the subject.  These guys have had enough logic from me on this subject of Brady vs. Manning.  Either that or they are digging but have yet to find their pot of gold.   

RESPONSE: Err...sorry Gomez. But you...logical?? It is to laugh.

Trent Richardson - Damn.  As a homer, I am still hopeful.  He did have some better production last week.  Lets hope it continues especially with Brown a little hobbled (IMAGINE ME REPPING BROWN - LOL!!!).  Anyway - I really have nothing but hope against history.  Pretty pathetic, but its all I've got. 

RESPONSE: A far cry from your original euphoria over the deal, Gomez. Who knows? Maybe you're beginning to learn something about the game, through our many lengthy, friendly, and "productive" conversations over the years...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re:

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't this discussion start out about decisions made by BB as being "best" for the team?  How did we get to another debjjjdjdcdate about who is the better QB, Brady or Manning?  Take it out back, boys!

[/QUOTE]

they should just put the troll with the stupid looking stash on ignore. no point in even responding to him.