We have no idea how bad this pats team is.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: We have no idea how bad this pats team is.....

You were spot on. The team that rolled through the Pats in their own house so easily looked very ordinary today. The Colts always seem to have the Ravens measure. I believe the Pats have turned into a soft team (apart from Wilfork) as evidenced this year any team that played them tough and hit them in the mouth gave them all sorts of problems.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Sorry roy but your making no sense. I also pointed out on that same thread that the Pats could have been 7-9, both Buffalo game and if Carolina had a QB they would have beats us easy. Carolina's rec's and tight ends were open all day, if they had an actual QB the running game would have open up alot more. And that statment about "the final score dishorting how teams compare", well I hope you werent talking about the Ravens game. They kicked our azz, thats it, that simple! And you sound like a simple man in saying all we need is a pass rusher, Im sorry but your a moron if you think this D is just a pass rusher away from being back on top! Merri and Mayo showed poor tackling and took bad angles all year long. If you think that last one against Rice was Merri's only one your dreaming and have no clue! Mayo was beatin around the edge and up middle, which might be more troubling. He looked slow and show bad judgement on many plays, that game ver the Texans was a good example of what Im talking about. Backs got the edge on him and he was exposed in coverage. Im saying Merri' is what he is, and Mayo needs to have a big, big year this upcoming one. We need help at safety, ILB and OLB, and at the 5 technique(34 end) , all are real needs. W/out a solid end are backers will be asked to do way to much like this year and wont be able to make plays like their suppose to. This D got far to much credit for being..OK! LOL, ok, no lead was ever safe, not one! Im drunk and tired I dont wanna get into the myriad of problems are O has.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Smartacer: Your point was proven- PATS look very bad, comparing the games. Kept waiting for the Ravens to disrupt Indy's offense the way they hassled the Pats and got to Brady.
    Well thouh the Colts didn't "run up the score", they made scoring and containing the Ravens look easy. Coaching, execution, and skill kept Rice from running, and Lewis from steamrolling, and made te Ravens look mediocre.
    Which makes the game last week where the Pats were decimated by the Ravens at Gillette a telling sign on the ability of the Pats team as a whole to play the game against the good teams. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

It was a blessing that we didn't go further in the playoffs. We would have been embarassed. Ravens killed us and they can't even score a td against the Colts...........how pathetic we have become..............third and long will haunt me forever with this team................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think BubbainHawaii gets it right.  The Pats team is middle of the pack.  I don't think it's all that talented right now.  The Pats have done a good job finding value in the lower rounds of the draft, but they've struck out on too many of their high picks and free agent signings.  This has hurt them.  Plus, BB is trying to do too much and the rest of the coaching staff isn't all that good anymore.  There's a lot of work to be done.  I say the Pats will decline for another year or two and then start rising again assuming they have a bit more success in the higher rounds of the draft and in free agency than they've had in recent years.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

A Pats Colts game would have been much closer. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

We're obviously not good enough. We complain because anything less than a Super Bowl victory is a failure. That's a good attitude. 10-6 is good for the Detroit Lions. Not us. Hopefully, Bill feels the same way and will use his brains and resources to bring us more championships. Hopefully, he's not satisfied.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

2009 was not a very good year for our PAT'S.  Yes we went 10 & 6 and then loose in the 1st round of the playoffs really sucked, and I am sure the Owner will make sure 2010 will be much better.  We all know the Owner wants a winner and we PAT Fans want the same.  2010 our PAT'S will go deeper into the Playoffs.  Go PATS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charlie3Cs. Show Charlie3Cs's posts

Just wondering if anyone noticed the comment the gone but not forgotten Heath Evans made, according to the announcers, to Reggie Bush? "You squat 55o poinds, bench over 400, why not finish the run and run over some people....." or something like that.

Does anyone think Maroney would be worth more than a 4th round pick before the draft with a mentor like Evans around? Maybe teach him not to fumble at the goal line?

Lots of talk about missing defensive leadership, but what about someone like Heath Evans? Or Kyle Eckel? or Dave Thomas? Role players on offense and lockeroom guys.

Lots of holes in this team, which really shouldn't matter given what Haiti looks like.
    But it does to us, watching January out the window.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from matmgr1. Show matmgr1's posts

I am not an apologist for Belichek or for the entire team, but the fact that the team won the division in a flux year that probably other teams would have losing records on is a positive that I see going into next year.  

Other teams fall into the losing records when this happens, but the fact that there is still a base of great talent on this team that adding in key personnel would have them win the division again and go hopefully go further into the playoffs.

People seem to lose their memories of the Patriot teams of the 70' and 80's where they would have may be 2 or 3 seasons of winning records. 

Reminds me of earlier this past fall when I was visiting relatives in Cleveland that the talk shows were heavily critizing the Patriots on their season but would not comment on the Browns, which were absolutely terrible at that time.

I did happen to call them about this and stated that I from the Boston area and then was raked over the coals about how bad the team is and also how bad the Red Sox team was this year.

I simply stated to the show as to how many championships were won by your pro teams the past decade.  Dead silence.  I told the show that you should care about your local teams that are terrible than to look at the Boston teams that you are obviously jealous of.

My case is that we are damn lucky to have competitive teams in this area compared to other areas.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Well the tone was set on the first play of the game when the Pro Bowler (LMFAO) Mary Weather purposely took a bad route to avoid contact with Rice.  Game over........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

One game does not a season make. The pats started off poorly and it simply snowballed. That game makes the ravens 1-6 vs the pats.

The ravens actually did the pats a favor with their azz-whoopin because it puts them in a much better draft position with the new rules.

The pats are 4-5 players away from serious contender status again and a good draft and FA season will put them right back up there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm excited for next year, although I wish Welker didn't get injured.  Defense needed experience and a couple guys.  Offense needs a couple lineman and a WR.  I think those things can be fixed easily.  Tate, Edelman, and maybe Crable are going to see the field next year.  Those are the positions the Pats need most so they are not starting fom nothing.