We need to overhaul our approach.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

We need to overhaul our approach.

I think Brady is losing his swagger.  I uderstand it is is first year back after the injury.  But dude has made some bad judgements all through the year. We need to over haul our staff.  We have so much downside to this year it is ridiculous.
    1.  No Pass rush on good teams
    2.  No imagination on offense (the same old brady line up and pass.  Matt Light is garbage.  The defense has us figured out
    3.  We need an seasoned offensive Cord
    4.  We need a more aggresive Def. Cord.
    5.  We need Bill B to make better football judgements.
    6.  We need to spend more money on our players.  Stop being cheap.  We need to get these guys who are good who require the money. 

Guys we will back next year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: We need to overhaul our approach.

The 2009 draft was all about the future, which gambled the present.

Chung was about the future, Brace was about the future, drafting Tate was about the future, and we traded 2 thirds for future picks.

That's a lot of picks that didn't address the present.

There were prospects we passed on who were significantly more prepared to contribute this year. We should have taken one or two of them.

The upside is that the future is here and next year looks good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

arodrambone
    I agree with you on that one.  We will be more experience next year.   We still need to approach next season a different way.  We need to take a page defensively from the Ravens, Pitt, Minn and I hate to say it Jets.  Offensively, we just need a seasoned OC.  Looking forward to next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I won't dare criticise anything about this team.  The Pats are great...the best... and will surely win it all next year, whether they make any changes or not.  Perhaps, they just had a bad day?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

No.  This was a mediocre team that stumbled into the playoffs this year and got embarassed by their poor play.  If anybody actually thinks that this team will gain experience and get better without making major changes than you are out of your mind.  They need to bring in a legit Linebacker and Cornerback and also an esbalished running back via free agency/trade/highly coveted draft pick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Well there is room for improvement from top to bottom. The offense needs a redesign, and the defense could use some too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@SoxPatCelts....that sums it all up.  Nothing more to say.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

No.  This was a mediocre team that stumbled into the playoffs this year and got embarassed by their poor play.

You're not allowed to say that here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Obviously major changes are coming. That is inevitable with 4 top 60 picks alone.

Now that we're drafting in the early 20's, a real stud will be there for sure.

We also lost our best player last week, and Moss was limping this week.

Belichick let his ego get the best of him though, in not drafting enough players who could help immediately. This team could have had a great season (see Indy game for evidence) but everything would have had to go perfectly. That never happens.

Maualuga comes to mind as one of the ready-to-contribute-right-away prospects we let slide by.

In Belichick's defense, he might have considered this season a lost cause even before the draft, given Brady's recovery. If that was the mindset going into the draft, then all those future-centric picks make a lot more sense.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I'd like to get a real tight end for this offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Re: We need to overhaul our approach

I think we need to basically clear the fan smoke and see the picture.  We were an above average team.  We have this to build own.  My expectations for this team was to win the AFCE which we did.  I did not expect us to go no further.  Although, I was hoping we could.  I have seen some postives that can take us into next year.  We must do a over haul and make some needed changes in order to move forward.  I think we have to spend the money to get these top players.  The Patriots name no longer scare other teams.  After Bill and Co. go back and evaluate this season, they will do what is best for the team.  Will it be what we as fans want or will it be a decision that will keep us an above average team? Time will tell.

13. This post has been removed.