Week 14 NFL Pick and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Week 14 NFL Pick and "Game of the Week"

Just four more weeks to go in what has been, for me, one of the most frustrating, least enjoyable NFL seasons in years. The 2009 New England Patriots, with their inability to win on the road, three tight losses to the Broncos, Dolphins, and the hated Colts, their propensity for blowing leads and consistently playing their worst football when games are on the line...has really soured me. Hopefully, both BB, and the home town Patriots' fans, will give this team the collective swift kick in the aass that it so richly deserves.

That said, here are my picks...with the "Game of the Week" being:

1.) Denver Broncos (+7) @ Indianapolis Colts: The Broncos are currently playing like they did in the season's first six games. Though the Colts have been extremely fortunate to continue winning in Noivember, they played well last week against the Titans. Denver has a pash rush, and decent running game, solid secondary, and a methodical passing attack. In other words, they possess all the necessary ingredients to pull off an upset:
    PICK: Broncos;

2.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns (+10): What has happened to the Steeler defense? Is Troy Polamalu to the Steelers what Bob Sanders used to be to the Colts? Take the 10:
    PICK: Browns;

3.) Cincinnati Bengals (+7) @ Minnesota Vikings: Watching the 40 year old Brett Favre play last Monday, one has to wonder whether he'll have a December swoon, like he had last year with the Jets. The Bengals have been surprising on the road, with wins in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. 
    PICK: Vikings;

4.) NY Jets @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3.5): Miami winning Sunday once again gives the Jets hope:
    PICK: Jets;

5.) Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs (PK): Pick 'em game? Pick the home team:
    PICK: Chiefs;

6.) Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears (+3): Surprised at the relatively low spread. I like the Packer defense against Jay Cutler:
    PICK: Packers;

7.) New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons (+9.5): The Saints sleep-walked through the Redskins. The 'Skins have a much better defense than do the Falcons:
    PICK: Saints;

8.) Detroit Lions (+13) @ Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens are overrated. But, the Lions are everything that peoplle say they are:
    PICK: Ravens;

9.) Miami Dolphins (+3) @ Jacksonville Jaguars: The 'Fins were lucky to win last week. The Jaguars will put a serious hurtin' on whats' left of their season bu beating them:
    PICK: Jaguars;

10.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New England Patriots: Will the Pats make Jake DelHomme look like Bart Starr this week? Probably not...cause DelHomme has a finger injury on his passing hand, and likely won't play. Lots of boos, please!!:
    PICK: Patriots;

11.) Seattle Seahawks (+6) @ Houston Texans: As I've stated throughout the season, you never know what you'll get from the Texans:
    PICK: Seahawks;

12.) St. Louis Rams (+13) @ Tennessee Titans: The Titans will win. But, I'll take the 13:
    PICK: Rams;

13.) Washington Redskins @ Oakland Raiders (+1): Imagine being strapped to a chair and forced to watch this game? Great idea for a horror flick, eh?
    PICK: Raiders;

14.) San Diego Chargers (+3) @ Dallas Cowboys: After losing to the Giants, this is a huge game for the 'Boys. But, the Chargers are on a roll:
    PICK: Chargers;

15.) Philadelphia Eagles (+1) @ NY Giants: Giants could make things awful interesting in the NFC East with a win over Philly. Eagles have big play potential. The Giants do not:
    PICK: Eagles;

16.) Arizona Cardinals @ San Fransicso 49ers (+3): The are playing like the team that should have beaten the Steelers in the SB last year:
    PICK: Cardinals.

BEST BETS: Packers, Jaguars, Patriots.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Week 14 NFL Pick and "Game of the Week"

Colts, Steelers, Bengals, Bucs, Bills, Packers, Saints, Ravens, Dolphins, Pats,Titans, Texans,Raiders, Chargers, Eagles, Cardinals

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Week 14 NFL Pick and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]Colts, Steelers, Bengals, Bucs, Bills, Packers, Saints, Ravens, Dolphins, Pats,Titans, Texans,Raiders, Chargers, Eagles, Cardinals
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

Pitts by 4 - Home Division Game keeps it close
    Indy by 4 -
    Minnisota by 7 - Bounce back game for Favre
    NYJ by 10 -
    KC by 4 - Bills are listless
    GB by 10 -They have a defensive coordinator
    Saints by 10 - Atlanta Hurting
    Baltimore by 13 - Must Win for Baltimore, Weak Detroit Team
    Miami by 3 - Miami finds a way to win, feels like 2008 all over....
    New England by 1 - No DC or OC.... Close game won by Brady and Welker alone.
    Houston by 7 - Jeckle and Hide Team
    Tennessee by 10 -
    Oaklnd by 3 - Washington Deflated after last week's loss to NO
    San Diego by 3 - Hottest Team in the league
    Giants by 3 - Hunch
    Arizona by 7 - Push for 2nd seed....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Week 14 NFL Pick and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]     Just four more weeks to go in what has been, for me, one of the most frustrating, least enjoyable NFL seasons in years. The 2009 New England Patriots, with their inability to win on the road, three tight losses to the Broncos, Dolphins, and the hated Colts, their propensity for blowing leads and consistently playing their worst football when games are on the line...has really soured me. Hopefully, both BB, and the home town Patriots' fans, will give this team the collective swift kick in the aass that it so richly deserves.      That said, here are my picks...with the "Game of the Week" being: 1.) Denver Broncos (+7) @ Indianapolis Colts: The Broncos are currently playing like they did in the season's first six games. Though the Colts have been extremely fortunate to continue winning in Noivember, they played well last week against the Titans. Denver has a pash rush, and decent running game, solid secondary, and a methodical passing attack. In other words, they possess all the necessary ingredients to pull off an upset: PICK: Broncos; 2.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns (+10): What has happened to the Steeler defense? Is Troy Polamalu to the Steelers what Bob Sanders used to be to the Colts? Take the 10: PICK: Browns; 3.) Cincinnati Bengals (+7) @ Minnesota Vikings:  Watching the 40 year old Brett Favre play last Monday, one has to wonder whether he'll have a December swoon, like he had last year with the Jets. The Bengals have been surprising on the road, with wins in Pittsburgh and Baltimore.  PICK: Vikings; 4.) NY Jets @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3.5):  Miami winning Sunday once again gives the Jets hope: PICK: Jets; 5.) Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs (PK): Pick 'em game? Pick the home team: PICK: Chiefs; 6.) Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears (+3): Surprised at the relatively low spread. I like the Packer defense against Jay Cutler: PICK: Packers; 7.) New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons (+9.5): The Saints sleep-walked through the Redskins. The 'Skins have a much better defense than do the Falcons: PICK: Saints; 8.) Detroit Lions (+13) @ Baltimore Ravens:  The Ravens are overrated. But, the Lions are everything that peoplle say they are: PICK: Ravens; 9.) Miami Dolphins (+3) @ Jacksonville Jaguars:  The 'Fins were lucky to win last week. The Jaguars will put a serious hurtin' on whats' left of their season bu beating them: PICK: Jaguars; 10.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New England Patriots: Will the Pats make Jake DelHomme look like Bart Starr this week? Probably not...cause DelHomme has a finger injury on his passing hand, and likely won't play. Lots of boos, please!!: PICK: Patriots; 11.) Seattle Seahawks (+6) @ Houston Texans:  As I've stated throughout the season, you never know what you'll get from the Texans: PICK: Seahawks; 12.) St. Louis Rams (+13) @ Tennessee Titans: The Titans will win. But, I'll take the 13: PICK: Rams; 13.) Washington Redskins @ Oakland Raiders (+1): Imagine being strapped to a chair and forced to watch this game? Great idea for a horror flick, eh? PICK: Raiders; 14.) San Diego Chargers (+3) @ Dallas Cowboys: After losing to the Giants, this is a huge game for the 'Boys. But, the Chargers are on a roll: PICK: Chargers; 15.) Philadelphia Eagles (+1) @ NY Giants: Giants could make things awful interesting in the NFC East with a win over Philly. Eagles have big play potential. The Giants do not: PICK: Eagles; 16.) Arizona Cardinals @ San Fransicso 49ers (+3): The are playing like the team that should have beaten the Steelers in the SB last year: PICK: Cardinals .      BEST BETS: Packers, Jaguars, Patriots.      Thoughts?                
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

1.)    Denver Broncos (+7) @ Indianapolis Colts: Cassel was 16-43 last week with 0 td’s & 2 int’s. thats 37%. I highly doubt Peyton will be less than 60%. Denver will have to pass to win. Nope PICK: Colts;

2.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns (+10): Brady Quinn played pretty good last week in a loss while in the no-huddle. Who gets thrown under the bus this week if PIT doesn’t win?  PICK: Browns;

3.) Cincinnati Bengals (+7) @ Minnesota Vikings: The Bengals offense cant keep up with these guys in the dome PICK: Vikings;

4.) NY Jets @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3.5): J. Freeman line last week=23-44 with 5ints . TB going for the #1 pick. A boy named Suh 
    Johnny Cash- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BJfDvSITY&feature=PlayList&p=8DFDEA3713BB8ADB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=50
    PICK: Jets;

5.) Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs (PK):Bills , chefs need to try cookin’ up something else:
    PICK: Bills;

6.) Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears (+3): LOCK PICK: Packers;

7.) New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons (+9.5): Brees will lose in playoffs or bowl , and that’ll be the first one PICK: Saints;

8.) Detroit Lions (+13) @ Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens @ home against ………………….PICK: Ravens;

9.) Miami Dolphins (+3) @ Jacksonville Jaguars: JAX beat BUF,STL, & KC at home all by 3 points; The Dolphins are a better squad then that. Both these teams will be 7-6 after this one. Fish win the east if they win this game…..maybe  PICK: Fish;

10.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New England Patriots: Too many points for a struggling team PICK: Panthers;

11.) Seattle Seahawks (+6) @ Houston Texans: last gasp for HOU PICK: Texans;

12.) St. Louis Rams (+13) @ Tennessee Titans: Rams are in quitting mode:
    PICK: Titans;

13.) Washington Redskins @ Oakland Raiders (+1): Skins are playing good D PICK: Skins;

14.) San Diego Chargers (+3) @ Dallas Cowboys: The Bolts sat out 3 starters (Merriman, Weddle & Castillo) on D last week to rest up for the run. SD punted just once last week while amassing 474 yards and building a 27-7 lead. Dallas will move the ball but won’t keep up with SD’s passing game. Bolts outright, forget the wood  PICK: Chargers;

15.) Philadelphia Eagles (+1) @ NY Giants: Looks like Philly will win the east PICK: Eagles;

16.) Arizona Cardinals @ San Fransicso 49ers (+3): That AZ D is quick, especially up front. PICK: Cardinals.

BEST BETS: PACK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Week 14 NFL Pick and "Game of the Week" : 4.) NY Jets @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3.5): J. Freeman line last week=23-44 with 5ints . TB going for the #1 pick. A boy named Suh  Johnny Cash- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BJfDvSITY&feature=PlayList&p=8DFDEA3713BB8ADB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=50 PICK: Jets; 
    Posted by jbolted

Good one, Bolt...LOL!! That boy named Suh should win the Heisman. But, of course we know he won't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Week 14 NFL Pick and "Game of the Week" :      Good one, Bolt...LOL!! That boy named Suh should win the Heisman. But, of course we know he won't.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Tex:
    I request permission to change 1 of my picks.

I think Brady will be overjoyed this week and it will rub off on the whole team. That and Matt Moore as QB for CAR. Switch my pick to the PATS.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 14 NFL Pick and "Game of the Week" :      Good one, Bolt...LOL!! That boy named Suh should win the Heisman. But, of course we know he won't.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    My nephew got a full ride NU, He goes to every game. Suh is the real deal according to him. It would be good for any fan base as well at home games. Every time he makes a big play...................................SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Week 14 NFL Pick and "Game of the Week" : My Nephew got a full ride NU, He goes to every game. Suh is the real deal according to him. It would good for any fan base as well at home games. Every time he makes a big play...................................SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
    Posted by jbolted

I saw all I needed to see of Suh in the Texas game.

Call me naive, but I was surprised to see that the Texas offensive linemen were trying to take Suh out with chop blocks...for which they were correctly penalized twice. It reminded me of the 4th quarter scene from the movie, North Dallas Forty...where the two Dallas offensive lineman, played by Bo Svenson (Joe Bob) and former crazed Raiders' DE John Matuszak, purposely took out the knee of an opposing DT named Weeks, who had been giving them fits for the entire game.     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Just read an article on the Patriots which contained the following paragraph:

"Perhaps even more damning, all of the players are at a loss to pinpoint what the issues are. Tom Brady can’t say what’s been keeping the offense from putting points on the board in the third and fourth quarters, and defensive players said after both the New Orleans and Miami defeats that neither of those teams threw anything unexpected at them – and still they could not stop them."

Let me retort. So, all of the players are at a loss as to what's been keeping the offense from putting points on the board in the second half of games? Good teams impose their will on their opponents...not the other way around. Points will follow where the OL smashes defenders off the line of scrimmage on run plays, and shield them away from their QB on pass plays. But, thats' not happening. So...if the players are wondering why...look to the pansies that currently make up the Patriots' OL.

As for the defense knowing what's coming, but can't stop it? Thats' not the coaches fault. The good coaching is the reason why the defenders know what's coming. The defenders are at fault for allowing themselves to be pushed around. Heres' a novel idea for the defenders...take your forearms and try driving them through, not just into, the offensive players. Heres' another novel idea...get through blockers and sack the opposing QB on pass plays.

Perhaps these suggestions might be of use to the these "befuddled" Patriot players. Gentlemen, stop scratching your heads and asking why. Do your jobs...impose your will on your opponents...and these problems will melt away like left-over snow packs on an 80 degree day. Its'  time to stop the excuses, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Just a couple of more predictions:

1.) #2 Texas (+3) v. #1 Alabama:  Hard to  believe that Alabama is only a 3 point favorite over Texas in the BCS National Championship game. While Texas coach Mack Brown is an excellent recruiter, he's not nearly the coach that Nick Saban is:
    PICK: Alabama;

2.) Sheamus vs. John Cena (WWE Champion): This match between the brutal Celtic Warrior and "Mr. Work Ethic", John Cena, promises to be a war. Though there is no better wrestling technician than Cena, one has to like the mean streak and fire that Sheamus brings to the table.  Speaking of tables, this will be a "tables, ladders and chairs" match, which would seem to be more to the liking of brawling Sheamus. Though one can never underestimate the drive and determination of Cena, me thinks that Sheamus is a wee bit hungrier (also...the fact that he's been brought along so fast indicates to me that a title run is in his future):
    PICK: Sheamus 

Thoughts?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' more on the Sheamus/Cena match-up: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc/matches/12734254/preview/.

Speaking of Sheamus, I  couldn't help but notice that his accent was badly slipping at Monday Night Raw. Anybody want to hazard a guess at where he's from? I say Bayonne, New Jersey...LOL!!

One other thing...Sheamus is about 6'4", 260 pounds. I wonder what he runs the 40 in? Could he be a possible OLB prospect for the Pats? Sheamus appears to have the mean streak the team wants in a pass-rusher. Woulddn't you lovve seeing Sheamus charging toward Peyton Manning? LOL!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The Tide is gonna wreck Texas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Speaking about wrestling...I just learned that the Somoan Bulldozer, Umaga,  died of a heart attack on December 4th, at age 36: http://www.gmanews.tv/story/178943/farewell-umaga.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' more on Sheamus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheamus_O'Shaunessy