Week 16 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Week 16 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

This is really turning out to be a bad season. Only the NY Jets and Buffalo Bills stand between the hated Indianapolis Colts and a perfect season. Worse yet, if the Patriots earn the 3rd seed, the Colts would only have to beat the Bengals and/or a wild card team. Then, they would likely face the winner of the Pats/Chargers. With the top NFC teams showing weaknesses in recent weeks, the Colts could, as in 2006, have a relatively easy path to a title...and a 19-0 year.

If that happens, the Colts, with their willing accomplices in the media, will declare Indy as "The Team of the Decade". No Patriots fan could stomach watching ESPN, the NFL Network, listening to football talk shows, or reading about football. It would be Peyton and the Colts, 24/7. God help us.

Here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being:

1.) Jacksonville Jaguars (+7.5) @ New England Patriots: A little bias is showing here in naming this as the weeks' top game. This is a must win for Jacksonville who, at 7-7, still have a shot at a wild card. As for the Pats, a win would not only clinch their divisional championship, but it will afford them what amounts to a pre-season game in the season finale in Houston. Furthermore, in denying the Jags a playoff spot, the Pats will earn a considerably higher 2nd round selection from the Jags, in the 2010 draft. The Pats, Tom Brady in particular, could use a week off. If they lose their final two, its' not out of the realm of possibility that the Dolphions could win their last two, and steal the division. Sorry...but I don't like the way the Pats are playing. Take the points:
    PICK: Jaguars;

2.) San Diego Chargers (+3) @ Tennessee Titans:
    Sure, this is a big game for the (7-7) Titans...who still can earn a wild card birth. But, San Diego has won something like 9 games in a row...and need one more win (or a Patriots' loss) to clinch the second seed, and a bye week. Last week, the Titans lost starting LBs David Thorton and Keith Bulluck for the season:
    PICK: Chargers;

3.) Seattle Seahawks (+14) @ Green Bay Packers: The Packers must be furious at themselves for blowing last weeks' game in Pittsburgh, on the games' final play. But they'll get well against the hapless 'Hawks:
    PICK: Packers;

4.) Oakland Raiders (+3.5) @ Cleveland Browns: Both of these teams are playing much better. Both are coming off road wins. Tough call on this one:
    PICK: Raiders;

5.) Kansas City Chiefs (+14) @ Cincinnati Bengals: Bengals played well, losing a heart-breaker last week in San Diego. They'll rally at home, and win one for their departed teammate, Chris Henry:
    PICK: Bengals;

6.) Buffalo Bills (+9) @ Atlanta Falcons: The Bills always seem to play better on the road. The Falcons have nothing to play for, and lots on injuries:
    PICK: Bills;

7.) Houston Texans (+3) @ Miami Dolphins: The Texans looked awful in barely beating the Rams last week. A coaching change is sure to come by season's end. The Dolphins are far from a supremely talented football team. But, with the overall direction of Bill Parcells, and the inspiring coaching of Tony Sparano, they never quit.
    PICK: Dolphins;

8.) Carolina Panthers (+5.5) @ NY Giants: After what the Giants did to the Redskins, you would think that the spread on this game would be higher. But, then again, the odds makers might have seen Carolina's 26-7 win Sunday night against the heavily favored Vikings. The Giants could be ready to make a run:
    PICK: Giants;

9.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+14.5) @ New Orleans Saints: The Bucs beat the Seahawks last week, 24-7. The Saints haven't played very well since smashing the Patriots on Monday night. Could they have peaked too soon? Lots of points..but did the Saints get a wake-up call?:
    PICK: Saints;

10.) Baltimore Ravens (+2.5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: This was the game I initially had down as the "Game of the Week". The Ravens needed OT to beat the Ben Roethlisburger-less Steelers in Baltimore. Lights out on the Ravens' season this week:
    PICK: Steelers;

11.) Denver Broncos (+7) @ Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles have their own destiny in their hands. Win out, and they win the NFC East. The Broncos may be in a tail-spin again, after losing on consecutive weeks to the Colts and the Raiders. This game is a must win for them...and a homecoming for SS Brian Dawkins, and RB Correll Buckhalter:
    PICK: Broncos;

12.) St. Louis Rams (+14) @ Arizona Cardinals: Time is running out for the Cards to get into a playoff groove:
    PICK: Cardinals;

13.) Detroit Lions (+11.5) @ San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers need a to hold on to their fading playoff hopes. The Lions...well...:
    PICK: 49ers;

14.) New York Jets (+5.5) @ Indianapolis Colts: Can't believe that the Colts will rest their players, and give up a great opportunity to make history. Why is this spread is so low? If the Jets beat the Colts, "spygate" is forgiven:
    PICK: Colts;

15.) Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins (+4): Wow!! How can you pick against the 'Boys after their impressive win in New Orleans? How can anybody pick the Redskins after seeing them get humiliated on national television? 
    PICK: Cowboys;

16.) Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears: The Vikings were embarrassed in Carolina. It got so bad for the Bears last week, that Jay Cutler was benched, and greeted with a chorus of boos. Funny that I haven't seen anymore articles on what a buffoon Josh McDaniels was for wanting to jettison Cutler:
    PICK: Vikings.

BEST BETS: Vikings, Steelers.

Thoughts?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Re: Week 16 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

In Response to Week 16 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]     This is really turning out to be a bad season. Only the NY Jets and Buffalo Bills stand between the hated Indianapolis Colts and a perfect season. Worse yet, if the Patriots earn the 3rd seed, the Colts would only have to beat the Bengals and/or a wild card team. Then, they would likely face the winner of the Pats/Chargers. With the top NFC teams showing weaknesses in recent weeks, the Colts could, as in 2006, have a relatively easy path to a title...and a 19-0 year.      If that happens, the Colts, with their willing accomplices in the media, will declare Indy as "The Team of the Decade". No Patriots fan could stomach watching ESPN, the NFL Network, listening to football talk shows, or reading about football. It would be Peyton and the Colts, 24/7. God help us.      Here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being: 1.) Jacksonville Jaguars (+7.5) @ New England Patriots: A little bias is showing here in naming this as the weeks' top game. This is a must win for Jacksonville who, at 7-7, still have a shot at a wild card. As for the Pats, a win would not only clinch their divisional championship, but it will afford them what amounts to a pre-season game in the season finale in Houston. Furthermore, in denying the Jags a playoff spot, the Pats will earn a considerably higher 2nd round selection from the Jags, in the 2010 draft. The Pats, Tom Brady in particular, could use a week off. If they lose their final two, its' not out of the realm of possibility that the Dolphions could win their last two, and steal the division. Sorry...but I don't like the way the Pats are playing. Take the points: PICK: Jaguars; 2.) San Diego Chargers (+3) @ Tennessee Titans: Sure, this is a big game for the (7-7) Titans...who still can earn a wild card birth. But, San Diego has won something like 9 games in a row...and need one more win (or a Patriots' loss) to clinch the second seed, and a bye week. Last week, the Titans lost starting LBs David Thorton and Keith Bulluck for the season: PICK: Chargers; 3.) Seattle Seahawks (+14) @ Green Bay Packers: The Packers must be furious at themselves for blowing last weeks' game in Pittsburgh, on the games' final play. But they'll get well against the hapless 'Hawks: PICK: Packers; 4.) Oakland Raiders (+3.5) @ Cleveland Browns: Both of these teams are playing much better. Both are coming off road wins. Tough call on this one: PICK: Raiders; 5.) Kansas City Chiefs (+14) @ Cincinnati Bengals: Bengals played well, losing a heart-breaker last week in San Diego. They'll rally at home, and win one for their departed teammate, Chris Henry: PICK: Bengals; 6.) Buffalo Bills (+9) @ Atlanta Falcons: The Bills always seem to play better on the road. The Falcons have nothing to play for, and lots on injuries: PICK: Bills; 7.) Houston Texans (+3) @ Miami Dolphins: The Texans looked awful in barely beating the Rams last week. A coaching change is sure to come by season's end. The Dolphins are far from a supremely talented football team. But, with the overall direction of Bill Parcells, and the inspiring coaching of Tony Sparano, they never quit. PICK: Dolphins; 8.) Carolina Panthers (+5.5) @ NY Giants:  After what the Giants did to the Redskins, you would think that the spread on this game would be higher. But, then again, the odds makers might have seen Carolina's 26-7 win Sunday night against the heavily favored Vikings. The Giants could be ready to make a run: PICK: Giants; 9.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+14.5) @ New Orleans Saints: The Bucs beat the Seahawks last week, 24-7. The Saints haven't played very well since smashing the Patriots on Monday night. Could they have peaked too soon? Lots of points..but did the Saints get a wake-up call?: PICK: Saints; 10.) Baltimore Ravens (+2.5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: This was the game I initially had down as the "Game of the Week". The Ravens needed OT to beat the Ben Roethlisburger-less Steelers in Baltimore. Lights out on the Ravens' season this week: PICK: Steelers; 11.) Denver Broncos (+7) @ Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles have their own destiny in their hands. Win out, and they win the NFC East. The Broncos may be in a tail-spin again, after losing on consecutive weeks to the Colts and the Raiders. This game is a must win for them...and a homecoming for SS Brian Dawkins, and RB Correll Buckhalter: PICK: Broncos; 12.) St. Louis Rams (+14) @ Arizona Cardinals: Time is running out for the Cards to get into a playoff groove: PICK: Cardinals; 13.) Detroit Lions (+11.5) @ San Francisco 49ers:  The 49ers need a to hold on to their fading playoff hopes. The Lions...well...: PICK: 49ers; 14.) New York Jets (+5.5) @ Indianapolis Colts: Can't believe that the Colts will rest their players, and give up a great opportunity to make history. Why is this spread is so low? If the Jets beat the Colts, "spygate" is forgiven: PICK: Colts; 15.) Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins (+4): Wow!! How can you pick against the 'Boys after their impressive win in New Orleans? How can anybody pick the Redskins after seeing them get humiliated on national television?  PICK: Cowboys; 16.) Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears: The Vikings were embarrassed in Carolina. It got so bad for the Bears last week, that Jay Cutler was benched, and greeted with a chorus of boos. Funny that I haven't seen anymore articles on what a buffoon Josh McDaniels was for wanting to jettison Cutler: PICK: Vikings .      BEST BETS: Vikings, Steelers.      Thoughts?         
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

1.) Jacksonville Jaguars (+7.5) @ New England Patriots: I watched JAX vs. Indy and it looked like the Jag D was just going through the motions. Stop JD and it’s a win for the Pats. Weather is the key in this one. Jags get eliminated PICK: PATS;

2.) San Diego Chargers (+3) @ Tennessee Titans: The Titans lost 2 LBs, The Chargers lost their center with 2 plays to go vs. CIN; he’s out for the year. Nick Hardwick is coming back hopefully for Christmas game @ TEN after major injury in week 1. If Hardwick is unable to play then 3rd stringer Dennis Norman will get the call. DE Jacque Cesaire hurt is elbow and may not play also and Quentin Jammer hurt a knee. All 3 looked hurt pretty bad and yet the Charger backups still stepped it up bigtime.  I do not think Vince will get more than 15 completes in this one. The Chargers passing game is still on target.        PICK: Chargers;

3.) Seattle Seahawks (+14) @ Green Bay Packers: Points PICK: Hawks;

4.) Oakland Raiders (+3.5) @ Cleveland Browns: In the Holmgren auditions a few will keep jobs PICK: Browns;

5.) Kansas City Chiefs (+14) @ Cincinnati Bengals: Cincy played very good in an inspired effort. KC is going for high pick PICK: Bengals;

6.) Buffalo Bills (+9) @ Atlanta Falcons: Falcons roll. The Jets/Bills are not tough at all. The 'it', the Bills don't have 'it'.  PICK: Falcons;

7.) Houston Texans (+3) @ Miami Dolphins: I think Kubiak is not HC material. How he made it this long is beyond me PICK: Dolphins;

8.) Carolina Panthers (+5.5) @ NY Giants: Jints last gasp  PICK: Giants;

9.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+14.5) @ New Orleans Saints: Too may points after a loss PICK: Bucs;

10.) Baltimore Ravens (+2.5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: Sleepers have awoken but BAL is the 5 seed PICK: Ravens outright ;

11.) Denver Broncos (+7) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Iggles are too good offensively for the Donkeys. Bowlen says to himself, “oh no what did I do?”. Josh needs to quit the rah rah crapp and just coach. He is not calm, therefore, his team is scattered between the ears too.  PICK: Eagles;

12.) St. Louis Rams (+14) @ Arizona Cardinals: Cards roll into the playoffs. Step #2 of a Buffalo imitation could be a real possibility IMO PICK: Cardinals;

13.) Detroit Lions (+11.5) @ San Francisco 49ers: 9ers  will roll in this one. PICK: 49ers;

14.) New York Jets (+5.5) @ Indianapolis Colts: Jets suuckk, the Colts 2nd string D could stop this green machine offense PICK: Colts;

15.) Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins (+4): Boyz by 10. WAS is officially done, 4-12. PICK: Cowboys;

16.) Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears: Cutler is the most overrated QB in the past 20 years in my book. Could he possibly be the first QB to cost his HC a job in two different cities. Well after Lovie gets fired, and the Rat gets hired in CHI town, it’s a very real possibility.  Could you imagine Shanahan getting fired twice by Cutler’s play?
    PICK: Vikings.
    BEST BETS: Eagles ,Colts
    , Cowboys

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

My weeks winners

Pats over Jags
    Bolts over Titans
    Pack over Hawks
    Browns over Raiders
    Bengals over Chiefs
    Falcons over Bills
    Phins over Texans
    Panthers over Gmen
    Saints over Bucs
    Steelers over Ravens
    Eagles over Broncos
    Cards over Rams
    49ers over Lions
    Colts over Jets
    Boys over Skins
    Bears over Vikings

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

See...its' already starting. If the Colts go 19-0, they will be touted by the media as the team of the decade:  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/12/22/colts/index.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]     Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears: The Vikings were embarrassed in Carolina. It got so bad for the Bears last week, that Jay Cutler was benched, and greeted with a chorus of boos. Funny that I haven't seen anymore articles on what a buffoon Josh McDaniels was for wanting to jettison Cutler: PICK: Vikings .      BEST BETS: Vikings, Steelers.      Thoughts?         

Number 1 Jay Cutler athletic supporter (and McDaniels basher) underdogg(g) has been conspicuously quiet of late on this subject.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Pmike - you missed some posts earlier in the season where the crow I was having was not only poorly seasoned but also well undercooked.  Needless to say, the dining experience was less than desirable. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Week 16 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]Pmike - you missed some posts earlier in the season where the crow I was having was not only poorly seasoned but also well undercooked.  Needless to say, the dining experience was less than desirable. 
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Sorry to have missed that, and I don't blame you for sticking by your Vandy guy, but he's in a bad spot right now, and with Da Bears having mortgaged their future to get him there is little chance a supporting cast will be arriving anytime soon. Cutler, I'm afraid, is going to fade into oblivion with the word "scapegoat" hanging around his neck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Did I mention I was a Vandy guy?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

There will be a severe backlash against the Colts once someone writes correctly how a running team has no chance of winning a championship because the rules favor the passing game too much.  People will look back at this decade as the "Soft Era". It will start with a bookend of the Pats creaming Indy and then Indy going out of their way to change the way the game is played to favor a softer, gentler NFL.  Hopefully the story ends with teams like Baltimore, NY and NY, Miami, NE, Chicago, Tampa Bay etc bringing defense back to the game and toning down this gilded age of passing heroics. "The pass is up, defensed well and no completion. But is there a flag on the coverage". Repeat that statement 25 times and you have an average NFL game. Thanks Colts for making this a #ussy league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]     See...its' already starting. If the Colts go 19-0, they will be touted by the media as the team of the decade:  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/12/22/colts/index.html

Banks has been bashing the Patriots all year. Im relying on the Charges to stop the Colts and they have the talent to do it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

Regardless of seeding, the way the Colts D is running out of Gas, I cannot even imagine them finishing out the post season, if they play the Bengals or the Chargers I don't see them winning

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

There are any number of teams capable of beating the colts, but I am not sure I subscribe to the idea that the colts D is running out of gas.  What exactly do you mean?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Regardless of seeding, the way the Colts D is running out of Gas, I cannot even imagine them finishing out the post season, if they play the Bengals or the Chargers I don't see them winning
    Posted by Geographer91[/QUOTE]

Don't know that the Colts' "D" is running out of gas. But, edge pass-rushers Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis have been playing most of the season with nagging injuries. If they're not at 100% for the playoffs, the Colts could have problems.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP - Particularly Freeney, but he has really worked through them.  Last week Caldwell gave them about half the snaps they would normally get and Freeney had a sack.  

I expect the same this week.  You can't guarantee that a player won't get hurt if they play even one snap, but Caldwell will limit those opportunities for the sake of better health in the postseason even if it means a loss.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]     This is really turning out to be a bad season. Only the NY Jets and Buffalo Bills stand between the hated Indianapolis Colts and a perfect season. Worse yet, if the Patriots earn the 3rd seed, the Colts would only have to beat the Bengals and/or a wild card team. Then, they would likely face the winner of the Pats/Chargers. With the top NFC teams showing weaknesses in recent weeks, the Colts could, as in 2006, have a relatively easy path to a title...and a 19-0 year.      If that happens, the Colts, with their willing accomplices in the media, will declare Indy as "The Team of the Decade". No Patriots fan could stomach watching ESPN, the NFL Network, listening to football talk shows, or reading about football. It would be Peyton and the Colts, 24/7. God help us.      Here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being: 1.) Jacksonville Jaguars (+7.5) @ New England Patriots: A little bias is showing here in naming this as the weeks' top game. This is a must win for Jacksonville who, at 7-7, still have a shot at a wild card. As for the Pats, a win would not only clinch their divisional championship, but it will afford them what amounts to a pre-season game in the season finale in Houston. Furthermore, in denying the Jags a playoff spot, the Pats will earn a considerably higher 2nd round selection from the Jags, in the 2010 draft. The Pats, Tom Brady in particular, could use a week off. If they lose their final two, its' not out of the realm of possibility that the Dolphions could win their last two, and steal the division. Sorry...but I don't like the way the Pats are playing. Take the points: PICK: Jaguars; 2.) San Diego Chargers (+3) @ Tennessee Titans: Sure, this is a big game for the (7-7) Titans...who still can earn a wild card birth. But, San Diego has won something like 9 games in a row...and need one more win (or a Patriots' loss) to clinch the second seed, and a bye week. Last week, the Titans lost starting LBs David Thorton and Keith Bulluck for the season: PICK: Chargers; 3.) Seattle Seahawks (+14) @ Green Bay Packers: The Packers must be furious at themselves for blowing last weeks' game in Pittsburgh, on the games' final play. But they'll get well against the hapless 'Hawks: PICK: Packers; 4.) Oakland Raiders (+3.5) @ Cleveland Browns: Both of these teams are playing much better. Both are coming off road wins. Tough call on this one: PICK: Raiders; 5.) Kansas City Chiefs (+14) @ Cincinnati Bengals: Bengals played well, losing a heart-breaker last week in San Diego. They'll rally at home, and win one for their departed teammate, Chris Henry: PICK: Bengals; 6.) Buffalo Bills (+9) @ Atlanta Falcons: The Bills always seem to play better on the road. The Falcons have nothing to play for, and lots on injuries: PICK: Bills; 7.) Houston Texans (+3) @ Miami Dolphins: The Texans looked awful in barely beating the Rams last week. A coaching change is sure to come by season's end. The Dolphins are far from a supremely talented football team. But, with the overall direction of Bill Parcells, and the inspiring coaching of Tony Sparano, they never quit. PICK: Dolphins; 8.) Carolina Panthers (+5.5) @ NY Giants:  After what the Giants did to the Redskins, you would think that the spread on this game would be higher. But, then again, the odds makers might have seen Carolina's 26-7 win Sunday night against the heavily favored Vikings. The Giants could be ready to make a run: PICK: Giants; 9.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+14.5) @ New Orleans Saints: The Bucs beat the Seahawks last week, 24-7. The Saints haven't played very well since smashing the Patriots on Monday night. Could they have peaked too soon? Lots of points..but did the Saints get a wake-up call?: PICK: Saints; 10.) Baltimore Ravens (+2.5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers: This was the game I initially had down as the "Game of the Week". The Ravens needed OT to beat the Ben Roethlisburger-less Steelers in Baltimore. Lights out on the Ravens' season this week: PICK: Steelers; 11.) Denver Broncos (+7) @ Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles have their own destiny in their hands. Win out, and they win the NFC East. The Broncos may be in a tail-spin again, after losing on consecutive weeks to the Colts and the Raiders. This game is a must win for them...and a homecoming for SS Brian Dawkins, and RB Correll Buckhalter: PICK: Broncos; 12.) St. Louis Rams (+14) @ Arizona Cardinals: Time is running out for the Cards to get into a playoff groove: PICK: Cardinals; 13.) Detroit Lions (+11.5) @ San Francisco 49ers:  The 49ers need a to hold on to their fading playoff hopes. The Lions...well...: PICK: 49ers; 14.) New York Jets (+5.5) @ Indianapolis Colts: Can't believe that the Colts will rest their players, and give up a great opportunity to make history. Why is this spread is so low? If the Jets beat the Colts, "spygate" is forgiven: PICK: Colts; 15.) Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins (+4): Wow!! How can you pick against the 'Boys after their impressive win in New Orleans? How can anybody pick the Redskins after seeing them get humiliated on national television?  PICK: Cowboys; 16.) Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears: The Vikings were embarrassed in Carolina. It got so bad for the Bears last week, that Jay Cutler was benched, and greeted with a chorus of boos. Funny that I haven't seen anymore articles on what a buffoon Josh McDaniels was for wanting to jettison Cutler: PICK: Vikings .      BEST BETS: Vikings, Steelers.      Thoughts?         

i disagree with your Jaguars pick.

The patriots have played great at home all year, and the jaguars are last in the Nfl in sacks, they cant rush the passer at all. Big day coming to Tom brady and company.

Reggie Nelson is a terrible safety, watch out for Moss goin deep and attacking Nelson's side of the field when they play cover 2.

The pats will easily cover the 7.5

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Week 16 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : i disagree with your Jaguars pick. The patriots have played great at home all year, and the jaguars are last in the Nfl in sacks, they cant rush the passer at all. Big day coming to Tom brady and company. Reggie Nelson is a terrible safety, watch out for Moss goin deep and attacking Nelson's side of the field when they play cover 2. The pats will easily cover the 7.5
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

Hope your right. The Pats could use a blowout win, to gain momentum going into the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

[QUOTE]There are any number of teams capable of beating the colts, but I am not sure I subscribe to the idea that the colts D is running out of gas.  What exactly do you mean?

Fair enough, watching the Jacksonville Game, I saw that the Colts Defense was making a lot of tackles from the back, as opposed to getting in front of the ball carrier, allowing the runner to get a few more yards.  When I played (only until Soph year of high school so I am NOT an expect by any means) Coach would say we were running out of gas, making decisions late and of course not controlling the field.  So by running out of gas I mean that they looked tired and were reacting late.  The Colts have had to come back more than any other team, while this makes for great games, it makes for tired defenses.

And now back to my Sam Adams and watching the Pats 2001 season on DVD

Row 121, Seat 25 Wembley Stadium,  I was the guy cheering for the Pats

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]     See...its' already starting. If the Colts go 19-0, they will be touted by the media as the team of the decade:  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/12/22/colts/index.html

Tex:
    I would vote the Patriots from a realistic perspective, of course.

from the article and the reason this needs to be put to rest-

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Last week’s record:

Oakland beat the spread over Denver.  Win.

Carolina.  Win.

Washington.  Loss. 

This week’s numbers and picks

Visitor/ home / my spread / vegas / difference

jac        ne            14.5            7.5            7.0

My numbers call Jville a 6-10 performer.  New England has various key players on the rebound including Fred Taylor, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren and Tom Brady, so stretch the numbers even farther.  New England is motivated to be the #3 seed and not the #7 seed.  Jville got extra time to prepare, which is good for them, but comes off an emotional loss to a division rival, which isn’t good for them.  Finally, Jacksonville played one game at the Jets on Nov. 15 but hasn’t really played a game in the cold or in the New England wind all year.  Jville fans will be happy that the current forecast is for a nice warm day (for late December) with showers, high 46 degrees.

sd         ten            -1.7            3            -4.7

Early this year the Diegos really had that wussy thing going.  Not now.  Cincinnati did not roll over last week on their own, Diego persuaded them.  A few weeks ago I liked Tennessee for their comeback to form, but at this point they’re an 8-8 team this week just like they were last week.  SD’s Quentin Jammer is likely to play.  So far, Sunday’s forecast is 41 and partly cloudy in Tennessee, which isn’t quite the east coast.

bal        pit            -2.5            2.5            -5.0  Kind of a borderline call, as Raven CB Ladarius Webb is probably out.  Otherwise, Baltimore murdered someone last week, always a sign of a properly functioning team.  Pitt pulled off a small miracle on third and 10 from the 19 on the game’s last play.  I just don’t like teams that bother to put themselves in loser positions and pull miracles out.  Steelers long snapper is apparently out for the season. 

den       phi            13.0            7            6.0

Philly had a reasonable cake walk last week, while Denver lost to (hold nose) Oakland at home.  Denver is supposed to have the NFL’s best home advantage, so Denver away on the east coast is not a good sign.

kc        cin            9.3            14            -4.7

KC is hard to justify.  However, Cincy beat mighty Cleveland and mightier Detroit in its last 5 games, and that’s it.  The other three were losses, including Oakland.  I have to assume that the gambling crowd really likes a winner and nobody would be caught dead supporting the 3-11 Chefs.  Dog KC to cover.

I took an interesting buf / atl call off because Buffalo had important injuries.  No call.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]Guarantee the Colts don't go 19-0. The Pressure starts to mount every week. They do not have the defense to get by SanDiego, who also have the Colts Number. Even if they make the Super Bowl no-way they shut down Saints or Vikings or Philly's Offense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

My dream scenario would be for the pats to win 1st round at home and play colts in the 2nd. Pats will be playing with house money but colts have everything to lose, including presssure for the "perfect season". Both teams know the colts were very lucky (yet again) to win earllier this year.

How sweet would it be to watch the Pats knock the colts out of the SB and kill their "perfect season" at the same time, in their own house? 

The only way that could be better would be to see Polian have a massive coronary in his own luxury box.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAT-from-India. Show PAT-from-India's posts

I too would like pats to play the colts after defeating the wildcard broncos/ravens; and end their dreams.

I wish there is a chance 4 and 2 and this time we make it. This time we beat them in thier house

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In The only way that could be better would be to see Polian have a massive coronary in his own luxury box.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

That's nice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In The only way that could be better would be to see Polian have a massive coronary in his own luxury box. Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE] That's nice.

Yeah...about as nice as wishing that Doug Flutie would get his legs broken.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 16 NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : That's nice. Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]      Yeah...about as nice as wishing that Doug Flutie would get his legs broken.

Hey, I don't disagree that Polian can be a bit much, but aren't we all at times.  But I don't think breaking legs and having a massive coronary are the same thing.