Week 6 Power Rankings Are Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

Week 6 Power Rankings Are Out

And somehow the Patriots are ranked 3rd behind the New Orleans Saints, a team that played a close game against the 1-4 Carolina Panthers. Should the Pats be number 2?

Week 6 Power Rankings here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Re: Week 6 Power Rankings Are Out

The Lions should be at #2 spot and arguably can be at #1!  The only column that count is the "W" and Detriot has 5. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

In Response to Re: Week 6 Power Rankings Are Out:
    [QUOTE]The Lions should be at #2 spot and arguably can be at #1!  The only column that count is the "W" and Detriot has 5. 
    Posted by nZone[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me ?  Who has Detroit played that's any good ?  Plus, the PATs are number 1 in offense and points scored. Also, if you look at how the power rankings are established and how they are ranked, it's not just about wins and losses.  Try to get a grip, before you make statements like tghis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

put us at 32, and I'll be happy.

Last time everyone told us how great we were, it didnt work out too well....matter of fact, anytime they tell us how great we are it doesnt work out...

Gimme dat Lombardi and save the rankings for teams like Detroit who are happy just to be winning...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 6 Power Rankings Are Out : Are you kidding me ?  Who has Detroit played that's any good ?  Plus, the PATs are number 1 in offense and points scored. Also, if you look at how the power rankings are established and how they are ranked, it's not just about wins and losses.  Try to get a grip, before you make statements like tghis.
    Posted by dbincpumpkin[/QUOTE]

Who has Packers played that were good besides the Saints?  It looks pretty even to me. 

Packers
    ============
    1 4 Panthers
    4 1 Saints
    2 3 Bears
    1 4 Broncos
    2 3 Falcons
    ===========
    10 15

Lions
    =============
    3 2 Bucs
    2 3 Chiefs
    1 4 Vikings
    2 2 Cowboys (bye wk)
    2 3 Bears
    ===========
    10 14

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Day after the super bowl and the final standing Patriots number 1 thats when I will be happy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 6 Power Rankings Are Out : Who has Packers played that were good besides the Saints?  It looks pretty even to me.  Packers ============ 1 4 Panthers 4 1 Saints 2 3 Bears 1 4 Broncos 2 3 Falcons =========== 10 15 Lions ============= 3 2 Bucs 2 3 Chiefs 1 4 Vikings 2 2 Cowboys (bye wk) 2 3 Bears =========== 10 14
    Posted by nZone[/QUOTE]

you obvioulsly missed the point about it not being about wins and losses when it comes to power rankings

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Miami              0    5
    San Diego        4    1
    Buffalo            4    1
    Oakland          3     2
    Ny Jets           2      3 

Total              13    12

We played  3 teams in position for the playoffs.  We have our toughest stretch next 4 games if we go 3-1 or 4-0 we are in great shape for home field advantage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Power rankings are just something these guys made up to fill in air time! If (as it suggests) that these teams would be the toughest to play against, then I would concede the Lions the #2 spot. You really cannot dispute GB as the top, they haven't lost a game since last December! And Rodgers is looking like a hybrid between Brady and Roethlisberger. You have to put NE up there despite the sorry defense. If Brady can put up 30+ even after throwing four picks the defense only needs to make so many stops. The Saints as well deserve a spot, as they've only lost to the Packers. I don't really see the difference in the top five slots...most teams would rather not have any of them on their schedule! But it's like a poll, or the elections. It means absolutely nothing until the final ranks are out!

(edit) Duh! I only picked four teams. I forgot to rank a #5. And that would have to be the Bills.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Espn has them at #2!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Week 6 Power Rankings Are Out:
    [QUOTE]And somehow the Patriots are ranked 3rd behind the New Orleans Saints, a team that played a close game against the 1-4 Carolina Panthers. Should the Pats be number 2? Week 6 Power Rankings here .
    Posted by bosoxfan5990[/QUOTE]

No the Lions should be until they prove otherwise. WhyTF do people care about rankings anyway? They're an invention of sports writers, ESPN,SI etc. to have something to fill the pages. The only rankings that matter can be found under the word 'standings'.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

5 weeks in we're starting to get a better look at who are the good teams in the NFL. Looks like the normal pushovers like the Raiders and Bills are no longer gimme's. Thus far the Pats look like they have played 2-3 playoff teams (SD, Bills, maybe Raiders), one mediocre team- the Jets and one cupcake (Miami, though they didn't look like a cupcake against the Pats).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

New Orleans almost losing to Carolina indicates that they might actually lose eventually.  No way are they #2. 

I have Patriots and Baltimore tied for #2.  Baltimore has been playing tough teams and winning.

I have the Bills at #5, the Raiders at #7 and the Jets at #9.  These are all teams with a life beyond playing the Patriots.  They play tough and they often as not beat people.  All that helps the Patriots.  SD at #15 isn't half bad but Miami at #28 is in the garbage can.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 6 Power Rankings Are Out : you obvioulsly missed the point about it not being about wins and losses when it comes to power rankings
    Posted by dbincpumpkin[/QUOTE]

So what is it about? Which team has a better QB and what they have done last year?  I am not a Detroit Lions fan by any stretch, but compare the teams that are above them, the Lions are on par offensively and defensively they are better than those teams above them.  It seems like which QB is more hip than anything!

Lions: PF= 159 PA= 89
    Packers: PF= 173 PA= 111
    Saints: PF= 157 PA= 125
    Patriots: PF= 165 PA=119

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

power rankings are for losers..I could give a rat's @ss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]power rankings are for losers..I could give a rat's @ss.
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

Always wondered about that saying. Say you wanted to give a rat's @ss. Can you order one on the internet or do you have to catch a rat and perform a @sseptomy yourself?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Can't possibly imagine why anyone would be concerned about a contrivance such as power rankings.  What matters is wins and losses (playoffs and playoff positioning) and who's left standing at season's end.   The rest is writer's drivel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week 6 Power Rankings Are Out : Always wondered about that saying. Say you wanted to give a rat's @ss. Can you order one on the internet or do you have to catch a rat and perform a @sseptomy yourself?
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm mistaken (happens more than I'd like) the original saying was it doesn't make a rat's @ss worh of difference to me.  The rest kind of evolved from that although I'm certain there's probably a couple available on ebay or craigslist.