Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

Trying to rebound from a horrible week eight. Good to see the Patriots back in action again. Here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being:

1.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos (+3): The Broncos were saddled with a very tough schedule this season. After reeling off six wins in a row, their talent deficiencies are beginning to catch up to them. The Steelers will see to it that the roof continues to cave in on the surprising Broncos:
    PICK: Steelers;

2.) Kansas City Chiefs (+6.5) @ Jacksonville Jaguars: The Chiefs are the perfect tonic for Jacksonville to rebound against, after after getting pounded by the Vince Young led Titans last week:
    PICK: Jaguars;

3.) Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals (+3): Bengals must feel like Rodney Dangerfield used to this week. Despite previously beating the Ravens in Baltimore, and having home field advantage, they've been made three point dogs. This is a chance for a team that gets no respect, to earn some:
    PICK: Ravens;

4.) Houston Texans (+9) @ Indianapolis Colts: The Texans have come close to upsetting Peyton Manning's Colts over the past few seasons. But, the problem for them is always lack of consistentcy. Like the Jets, they have an annoying habit of finding ways to lose. The only question this week is, can they cover the spread? Unlike the 49ers last week, the Texans lack a consistent ground game to keep the Indy "D" honest, and to keep the Colts' offense off the field:
    PICK: Colts;

5.) Washington Redskins (+10) @ Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons are still kicking themselves for blowing a golden opportunity to upset the Saints last Monday night. Despite having a short week to prepare, they'll take out their frustrations on the Deadskins:
    PICK: Falcons;

6.) Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Yucs are challenging the Washington Generals on the NFL, a/k/a the Detroit Lions, for the dubious distinction of being the worst team in the NFL. The Yucs are the perfect opponent for a team trying to regain its' confidence, after a demoralizing loss to Brett Farve and the Vikings, at Lambeau Field:
    PICK: Packers;

7.) Arizona Cardinals (+3) @ Chicago Bears: After an inexplicable blowout loss at home to Carolina, Kurt Warner and company try to regroup in the usually unforgiving climate on the tip of Lake Michigan. The Cards are the NFC's answer to the Houston Texans. They can look like the Saints for a stretch, or like the Redskins. Which will it be this week?
    PICK: Bears;

8.) Miami Dolphins (+10.5) @ New England Patriots: BB has had two weeks to prepare for the Wildcat...and the multiple blitzes he's sure to see. Though the Dolphins are a tough, physical team that usually doesn't beat itself, this should be no contest. 
    PICK: Patriots;

9.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New Orleans Saints: If Jake commits no DelHommes in the Big Easy, the Panthers can make a game of it...and even might pull off an upset. But, saying that Jake won't commit any DelHommes (a French word for turnover), is like saying that Drew Brees won't throw any TD passes. 
    PICK: Saints;

10.) Detroit Lions (+10) @ Seattle Seahawks: By losing at home to the Rams last week, the Lions once again appear to be the worst team in the NFL. Nonetheless, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are lurking, and could yet challenge. A two TD loss this week could help to cement the Lions' claim to this dubious distinction:
    PICK: Seahawks;

11.) Tennessee Titans (+4) @ San Francisco 49ers: No question that the mobile Vince Young makes the Titans a much more difficult team to defense. The 49ers could have, and probably should have beaten the Colts in Indy last week. Could it be that Alex Smith is ready to earn his NFL spurs at last?
    PICK: 49ers;

12.) San Diego Chargers (+5) @ NY Giants: The way the Giants have played in their last three games, how could they be favored by five over any decent team? The Chargers are a decent team...and need a win badly:
    PICK: Chargers;

13.) Dallas Cowboys (+3) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Thought about making this game the "Game of the Week". Huge divisional battle. The winner takes command of the NFC East. Could be a great game.         
    PICK: Eagles.   

BEST BETS: Patriots, Jaguars, Steelers, and Packers.

Thoughts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week"

Last week’s ugly forecast:

sea       dal            9.5 small for seattle  loss

cle        chi            13.5            large for Cleveland to cover   loss

hou       buf            -3.5            large for buffalo   loss

jac        ten            3            small for Jacksonville  loss

nyg       phi            3            too insignificant to call, but Eagles wr curtis is out.  -2 for phi gives a small for nyg.  loss

oak      sd            17            on my large-small borderline, so I’ll say large for Oakland to cover   win.  Whew!

car       az            9 large for Arizona to blow out Carolina  loss

atl         no            10            large for Atlanta to cover.  win

Wow!  I didn’t know that a statistical system could be created that consistently lost against the spread.  Applause, please, for a theoretical impossibility!  This brings my season totals to 5-6 on the small calls and 6-8 on the large calls.  Only thing to do is to deflect people’s attention, so, --

It’s all a national conspiracy!!  The “good” wiseguys who faithfully deliver the odds (and leave the bad debt enforcement to associates), are being robbed blind by the “bad” wiseguys who are buying players and refs left and right.  You see, the good wiseguys have known for years that you can bet huge underdogs with naked bets and usually win.  So, they’ve been plunking down $100m on the juicy bets for years.  The bad boys decided to rob this group.  So, they’re covering and raising the $100m and then rigging the blowouts to be super-blowouts.  Vegas loses again and again and again, until the bookies fear to bet at all.  Then the bad guys move right into a wide-open field at higher odds with their new loot and their game fixing.  In the meantime, statisticians like me are getting equally wrong results.

Or, it could be my bad assumptions, bad programming, fumble finger data entry, or just statistically random bad chance.  It’s kind of hard to actually beat Vegas, even though Vegas is slowly going bankrupt itself.

In my exclusive (and worth every penny) power rating news, the AFC East is by far the best division in football on my charts, and the Patriots are by a mile the best team in football.  My stats would expect New England to win 15.5 games out of 16 if the season started anew today, assuming they didn’t have to play Miami, New York and the cream so much.  Miami is up to a 13.4 victory team and New York is a 12.3 victory team.  Buffalo is an 8.3 victory team, which isn’t half bad. 

Undefeated Indianapolis plays too many bunnies and rates only an 11.7.  New Orleans is 13.9 right now. 

Denver rates only 9.2, <editorial> tied with Indy for being the two biggest fakes in the NFL </editorial>.  The absolute bottom is Jacksonville with 1.4 victories out of 16 if the season started fresh tomorrow.  They can’t beat Tennessee, huh?  That’s bad!  New England versus Jacksonville in Foxboro is up to a 26 point spread.

So, guess who plays New England next?  Miami, Indy, Jets, New Orleans and Miami again.  We’re about to be blessed with five playoff-caliber games, one after the other.

Just to see, I’ll put out my week nine forecasts:

Visitor/home/my call / vegas line / net difference

az  chi  -1.9  3  -4.9  large Arizona

was  atl  16.4     10     6.4    large for the Atlanta blowout

gb  tb  -7.1    10  2.9  small Tampa Bay to cover.

mia  ne  6.1  10.5  -4.4  I take this number down 3 points because New England is coming off a bye week, BB is loaded for bear with trick plays, and numbers of Patriot players have healed up a bit.  In contrast, Miami just slugged it out last Sunday.  No call.

kc  jac  0.3  6.5  -6.2  large for kc to cover, Jacksonville really looks awful.

hou  ind  7.2  9  -1.8  not significant

bal  cin  2.8  -3  5.8  large for Cincinnati to win

car  no  13.5   13.5  0.0  dead zero, not a significant indicator

det  sea  6.1  10  -3.9  small for Detroit to cover

ten  sf  12.1  4  8.1  large for san fran to blow out

sd  nyg  5.1  4  1.1  not significant

dal  phi  2.1  3  -0.9 not significant

pit  den  0.5  -3  3.5  small for Denver to cover and maybe win

Top games: Arizona, Atlanta, Kansas City,Cincinnati, San Francisco.  The top game in this pile is San Francisco.

My personal feeling about the Miami game is that BB will handle the mildcat now.  If Chad Henne had the swine feedlot flu last week he'll be out and firing this week, but if Chad is just being a rookie, he'll be just as bad as last week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]     Trying to rebound from a horrible week eight. Good to see the Patriots back in action again. Here are my picks, with the "Game of the Week" being: 1.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos (+3): The Broncos were saddled with a very tough schedule this season. After reeling off six wins in a row, their talent deficiencies are beginning to catch up to them. The Steelers will see to it that the roof continues to cave in on the surprising Broncos: PICK: Steelers; 2.) Kansas City Chiefs (+6.5) @ Jacksonville Jaguars: The Chiefs are the perfect tonic for Jacksonville to rebound against, after after getting pounded by the Vince Young led Titans last week: PICK: Jaguars; 3.) Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals (+3): Bengals must feel like Rodney Dangerfield used to this week. Despite previously beating the Ravens in Baltimore, and having home field advantage, they've been made three point dogs. This is a chance for a team that gets no respect, to earn some: PICK: Ravens; 4.) Houston Texans (+9) @ Indianapolis Colts: The Texans have come close to upsetting Peyton Manning's Colts over the past few seasons. But, the problem for them is always lack of consistentcy. Like the Jets, they have an annoying habit of finding ways to lose. The only question this week is, can they cover the spread? Unlike the 49ers last week, the Texans lack a consistent ground game to keep the Indy "D" honest, and to keep the Colts' offense off the field: PICK: Colts; 5.) Washington Redskins (+10) @ Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons are still kicking themselves for blowing a golden opportunity to upset the Saints last Monday night. Despite having a short week to prepare, they'll take out their frustrations on the Deadskins: PICK: Falcons; 6.) Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Yucs are challenging the Washington Generals on the NFL, a/k/a the Detroit Lions, for the dubious distinction of being the worst team in the NFL. The Yucs are the perfect opponent for a team trying to regain its' confidence, after a demoralizing loss to Brett Farve and the Vikings, at Lambeau Field: PICK: Packers; 7.) Arizona Cardinals (+3) @ Chicago Bears:  After an inexplicable blowout loss at home to Carolina, Kurt Warner and company try to regroup in the usually unforgiving climate on the tip of Lake Michigan. The Cards are the NFC's answer to the Houston Texans. They can look like the Saints for a stretch, or like the Redskins. Which will it be this week? PICK: Bears; 8.) Miami Dolphins (+10.5) @ New England Patriots: BB has had two weeks to prepare for the Wildcat...and the multiple blitzes he's sure to see. Though the Dolphins are a tough, physical team that usually doesn't beat itself, this should be no contest.  PICK: Patriots; 9.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New Orleans Saints: If Jake commits no DelHommes in the Big Easy, the Panthers can make a game of it...and even might pull off an upset. But, saying that Jake won't commit any DelHommes (a French word for turnover), is like saying that Drew Brees won't throw any TD passes.  PICK: Saints; 10.) Detroit Lions (+10) @ Seattle Seahawks: By losing at home to the Rams last week, the Lions once again appear to be the worst team in the NFL. Nonetheless, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are lurking, and could yet challenge. A two TD loss this week could help to cement the Lions' claim to this dubious distinction: PICK: Seahawks; 11.) Tennessee Titans (+4) @ San Francisco 49ers: No question that the mobile Vince Young makes the Titans a much more difficult team to defense. The 49ers could have, and probably should have beaten the Colts in Indy last week. Could it be that Alex Smith is ready to earn his NFL spurs at last? PICK: 49ers; 12.) San Diego Chargers (+5) @ NY Giants: The way the Giants have played in their last three games, how could they be favored by five over any decent team? The Chargers are a decent team...and need a win badly: PICK: Chargers; 13.) Dallas Cowboys (+3) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Thought about making this game the "Game of the Week". Huge divisional battle. The winner takes command of the NFC East. Could be a great game.          PICK: Eagles.     BEST BETS: Patriots, Jaguars, Steelers, and Packers .      Thoughts? 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

good analysis.

I dont think the texans main concern is defending the colts spread but how are they goin to replace the production of Owen Daniels? I would have taken the Texans for my upset pick if Daniels wasnt out for the year!

upset pick;

Cowboys over Eagles;

The cowboys offensive line is overpowering, with Felix Jones, Marion Barber, and Tashard Choice all healthy add an emerging star receiver, Miles Austin and a suddenly efficient Tony Romo, the cowboys look ready for their biggest road win in a long time.

watch out for desean jackson though,he has a chance to score every time he touches the ball.

cowboys win 24-20

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Upset pick of the week - Panthers over Saints.

The Panthers are going to run the ball, then run it some more.. and finish by running it some more.  With the Saints (badly) missing run-stuffer/hole-clogger DT Ellis, the Falcons ran all over them and I can see the Panthers running it even more effectively with both Stewart and Williams.  The Panthers got a big win last week that could be used as a launching pad for a great upset over the Saints. 

Saints will be coming off of a short week and were nearly shutout in the 2nd half on Monday night, they better get their act in gear and quit turning the ball over.  Brees has thrown 4 INT's in 2 games and many of his passes were well off-target in that game (he was VERY lucky that his wr's and TE's bailed him out on a few of those).  Had it not been for a tipped pass by Vilma, they most likely would've lost. 

I can see the Panthers playing strong D and running the ball very effectively, while "taking the air out of the ball" and not letting Delhomme throw it more than 20-25 times. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]Upset pick of the week - Panthers over Saints. The Panthers are going to run the ball, then run it some more.. and finish by running it some more.  With the Saints (badly) missing run-stuffer/hole-clogger DT Ellis, the Falcons ran all over them and I can see the Panthers running it even more effectively with both Stewart and Williams.  The Panthers got a big win last week that could be used as a launching pad for a great upset over the Saints.  Saints will be coming off of a short week and were nearly shutout in the 2nd half on Monday night, they better get their act in gear and quit turning the ball over.  Brees has thrown 4 INT's in 2 games and many of his passes were well off-target in that game (he was VERY lucky that his wr's and TE's bailed him out on a few of those).  Had it not been for a tipped pass by Vilma, they most likely would've lost.  I can see the Panthers playing strong D and running the ball very effectively, while "taking the air out of the ball" and not letting Delhomme throw it more than 20-25 times. 
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

I was very tempted to take Carolina and the points. But, if Jake DelHomme has his usual 2-4 interception game, Carolina has no chancce. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Rex Ryan is told to "stuff it"...as hope springs eternal in Miami...at least til this Sunday: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2009/11/03/a1c_george_1103.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

1.)    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos (+3): Broncos will finish 10-6 or 9-7 and Pittsburgh will win this game 27-13. The Steelers D against a Kyle Orton lead offense? I just don’t think the Broncos rebound against the SB champs after getting whooped last week PICK: Steelers;

2.) Kansas City Chiefs (+6.5) @ Jacksonville Jaguars: The Chiefs are worse than the Raiders, and that says alot PICK: Jaguars;

3.) Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals (+3): The Ravens started their run last week. Certain teams are good with payback in mind. Unless Cincy physically beats the crapp out of the ravens, they have no shot. PICK: Ravens;

4.) Houston Texans (+9) @ Indianapolis Colts: Houston covers and maybe wins. high scoring game. Matt Schaub leads NFL in passing yardage, think about that for a second.
    PICK: Texans;

5.) Washington Redskins (+10) @ Atlanta Falcons: Blowout PICK: Falcons;

6.) Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Packer fans will turn that stadium into Lambeau South. Josh Freeman goes to school. PICK: Packers;

7.) Arizona Cardinals (+3) @ Chicago Bears: who cares? PICK: Bears;

8.) Miami Dolphins (+10.5) @ New England Patriots: Too many points. Miami feels confident. It won’t get um’ a win though. Fish cover by a ½ point. PICK: Dolphins;

9.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New Orleans Saints: I’m trying to find a reason to pick the panthers, cant do it. PICK: Saints;

10.) Detroit Lions (+10) @ Seattle Seahawks: @Seattle is not an easy win for a good team. So for the Lions this week………………….PICK: Seahawks;

11.) Tennessee Titans (+4) @ San Francisco 49ers: 9ers win by 7 PICK: 49ers;

12.) San Diego Chargers (+5) @ NY Giants: The Chargers D is the key in this one. SD has given up 82 & 81 yards in the air the last 2 weeks. Overall, 200 180 yards in both games as well. Shawne Merriman & Shaun Phillps each had 2 sacks last week, with #56 getting 7 tackles. In other words, Merriman is back and so is his burst of speed. The Giants were down 30-7 at the half @PHI last week as ELI passed @50%. Rivers has been sharp all year long. To advance far in the post season the Chargers need to practice for it by winning games like this one. After starting 5-0, the Jints will be 7-6 after 13 games PICK: Chargers;

13.) Dallas Cowboys (+3) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Home team PICK: Eagles.   

BEST BETS: Steelers, Falcons, Ravens

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Only Changes or questions I have are:

3.) Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals (+3): Bengals must feel like Rodney Dangerfield used to this week. Despite previously beating the Ravens in Baltimore, and having home field advantage, they've been made three point dogs. This is a chance for a team that gets no respect, to earn some:
    PICK: Ravens; I could see a game where the Bengals out shoot the Ravens and win by the same spread 

4.) Houston Texans (+9) @ Indianapolis Colts: The Texans have come close to upsetting Peyton Manning's Colts over the past few seasons. But, the problem for them is always lack of consistentcy. Like the Jets, they have an annoying habit of finding ways to lose. The only question this week is, can they cover the spread? Unlike the 49ers last week, the Texans lack a consistent ground game to keep the Indy "D" honest, and to keep the Colts' offense off the field:
    PICK: Colts; Texans have always had Colts number. They have not won every game but have won enough and given Indy a few good scares. With last weeks showing against the 49's I see the colts falling here.

9.) Carolina Panthers (+13.5) @ New Orleans Saints: If Jake commits no DelHommes in the Big Easy, the Panthers can make a game of it...and even might pull off an upset. But, saying that Jake won't commit any DelHommes (a French word for turnover), is like saying that Drew Brees won't throw any TD passes. 
    PICK: Saints; Sleeper of the year, Jake comes out firing to his star receivers and ...... sorry could not stop laughing, just kidding. They have been broken since we beat them in the SB.

12.) San Diego Chargers (+5) @ NY Giants: The way the Giants have played in their last three games, how could they be favored by five over any decent team? The Chargers are a decent team...and need a win badly:
    PICK: Chargers; Giants get it together take out a weaker team

13.) Dallas Cowboys (+3) @ Philadelphia Eagles: Thought about making this game the "Game of the Week". Huge divisional battle. The winner takes command of the NFC East. Could be a great game.         
    PICK: Eagles.  Game of the week, both teams need this. The edge? In Philly. Should be a win for Philly in Philly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Indianapolis Colts have lost starting LB Tyjuan Hagler for the rest of the season. Hagler was 4th on the team in tackles, with 36: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-11-04/colts-lose-starting-lb-hagler-for-rest-season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Hope springs eternal for 'Fin fans: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2009/11/can-dolphins-give-tom-brady-another-difficult-day.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pats fan got it right.  Owen Daniel is out.  This is huge, but that spread is a tease.  Colts win, even without Hagler.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Pats fan got it right.  Owen Daniel is out.  This is huge, but that spread is a tease.  Colts win, even without Hagler.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I've just read that Bob Sanders is hurt...again. This time its' his elbow:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/04/bob-sanders-has-a-new-injury/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

BB today praised his former boss, Bill Parcells, as the best in the business of turning around bad teams: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/04/bill-belichick-praises-bill-parcells/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Lots of talk down here this week about the Texans and Cowboys. But, as Jets fans have learned, talk is cheap. Its' put up or shut up time for the Texans, who play at Indy, and the Cowboys, who rumble with the Eagles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" :      I've just read that Bob Sanders is hurt... again . This time its' his elbow: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/04/bob-sanders-has-a-new-injury/

Honestly, if I did not know how tough the guy was, I would (and have and still do) question this guy's commitment to football.  I'm just hoping this was not a big deal.  I am very thankful we have Melvin Bullitt ready, willing, and able to play quality football. 

I'll also suggest that Indy may be babying Sanders a bit to ensure he is healthy for the final drive of the season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]     Lots of talk down here this week about the Texans and Cowboys. But, as Jets fans have learned, talk is cheap. Its' put up or shut up time for the Texans, who play at Indy, and the Cowboys, who rumble with the Eagles.
    What are texans fans saying

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : I'll also suggest that Indy may be babying Sanders a bit to ensure he is healthy for the final drive of the season. 

Actually, thats' not a bad idea.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : What are texans fans saying

No Joey Porter type stuff. Theres' just a lot of hype for the Indy game. Some have even suggested that it may be the biggest game in the history of the Houston Texans' franchise.

Heres' an article on the game from John McClain...who is the Texans' version of Indy's Bob Kravitz: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6702041.html  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Are the Texans another one of those teams that believes the way to acheive NFL success is by talking about it?

Leon?

Leon?

Anyone?

Bueller?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : I respect your knowledge but I'd hardly call you an objective source on this one. BTW, the Gmen were only 8-5 after 13 games in 2007. How'd that turn out?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Were they this bad at this point in time in 2007? How is that working out?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Nine NFL Picks and "Game of the Week" : It still makes me smile how mentioning 2007 gets under the skin of a Patsies fan! Thanks, Enoch, for keeping alive the tradition!

Huh?

You are the one talking about the past. I am asking you about the present.

You haven't had the cojones yet to respond about why the Giants can't seem to muster up a football game against teams with winning records this year. I have a few theories, but I wanted to hear yours. I guess you have no answer for it or are justifiably embarrassed by their "play". Maybe you just don't like the Giants that much unless they are winning. Good luck with that.

BTW, my first theory involves a career fry guy, the devil and an expiration date.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Gang! I'm back! Bet ya missed me, I know! Great job as every week TexPat. My GMen look bad and then worse lately . Whether it means this season is slipping away permanently or a bad slump by all facets of the team at once is still to be seen. I say Eli's foot injury is effecting him physically and mentally a lot more than he has let on-that injury ends seasons and maybe careers in the NBA. Just ask Yow Ming. They finally get Canty and Boller back at LB, and while rusty, they'll help, especially up the road. They are starting another safety because CC  Brown is getting burned regularly and looks lost. The losses of Phillips and Thomas for the season in the back are killing them and the main reason they can't stop passing attacks lately. Most teams who lose a starting safety and cornerback-one an all-pro caliber talent-will have big trouble stopping the pass. And the rush looks ordinary. Osi is lost, where are the sacks?! The biggest loss may be Steve Spagnolo. You see why they paid 3 milion dollars to keep him last year. There used to be a rush from anywhere and everywhere at anytime and that made it very dangerous and made the frontliners more effective. This new guy Sheridan may be just using standard 4 man blitz stuff and they are getting little of the pressure they are used to generating. This week is big. A 4th straight loss going into the bye week would be a major blow to the season, especailly with Dallas and Philly playing well and tough games the rest of the way. A win and 6-3 looks a lot better!

lmao giants have gotten embarrassed the past 3 games lol outplayed and outclassed.