Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week"

In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week":
    [QUOTE]Giants are way overrated. Saints are for real. Love to see any NY team take a azz whuppin, so I'm tuning in for this one! Browns haven't shown any sign of life so far this year. they seem like whipped dogs already. Can't see covering, even with a 14 point spread.   Lions are showing signs of life. They have a better than even chance to cover, at least. bolts vs doncos should be interesting; the battle of the pretenders! doncs should chew up bolts underachieving defense.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

wow your right! the giants are way overrated! good analysis!

jints-fan doesnt understand what good analysis is! lmao

but we know!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Giants are way overrated. Saints are for real. Love to see any NY team take a azz whuppin, so I'm tuning in for this one!

RESPONSE: Can empathize with your sentiments. Personally, I dislike the Jets far more than I dislike the Giants. The Giants have always been my "second team"...which made coping with that SB loss especially gut-wrenching for me. It took me a year to get over it...LOL!! Even if the Saints beat the Giants, 49-0, it won't change the outcome of that damned game. The Giants should be able to run the ball against the Saints' defense. If Eli Manning can continue to avoid the big mistake, I like the Giants' chances.

Browns haven't shown any sign of life so far this year. they seem like whipped dogs already. Can't see covering, even with a 14 point spread.

RESPONSE: Browns scored a win last week. Pittsburgh is their big rivalry game. I'm guessing they'll cover.

Lions are showing signs of life. They have a better than even chance to cover, at least.

RESPONSE: Agreed.

bolts vs doncos should be interesting; the battle of the pretenders! doncs should chew up bolts underachieving defense.

RESPONSE: This is a must game for the Bolts. I predict that the Chargers will be able to put up points against the Denver "D". The Broncos are not a good come from behind team...despite what you saw last week.

Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]     If Joey Galloway is a "healthy scratch" once again this week, how much longer will he remain on the team?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/17/which-way-will-it-go-for-galloway/      Who will be the third WR this week? At long last, it appears that our fearless local sportswriters are writing about what we've been saying here for the past several weeks. Better late than never: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20091017lack _of_third_option_costs_patriots_sporadic_reception/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] the ravens possibly.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=260

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : the ravens possibly. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=260
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Shows you how desparate the Ravens are. Maybe the Pats will get LB Prescott Burgess back for him? LOL!!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : First off all, Bolted-On-Head , the Giants last year started 5-1 against similarly weak opponents, people said the same inane nonsense and then suddenly they were 11-1, beating the SB champs in Pittsburgh, Arizona, Philly and Baltimore and suddenly...no more questions. See, Bolted-On-Head , not only can you only play who is on your schedule and when they are on your schedule, but the argument that quality of opponents equals a teams ability is specious at best and usually the refuge of simple minds (see a mirror), based not only on last years Giants season-and umpteen seasons since the beginning of time-but on the overlooked fact that the Giants have won all those games and the last two handily-which, is, of course the mark of a good team beating who they should. Only if the Giants lost or struggled mightily in these games would your simpleton logic matter. As things stand now, of course, it doesn't. You also forget, Bolted-On-Head , that a teams reputation proceeds all these arguments. Henceforth, when a cinderalla or unknown or previously bad team suddenly does this, you can cite weak opponents to explain the unexpected. Since the Giants are one year removed from a SB Championship and-get ready, BOH -are 21-4 in their last 25 games incluing that playoff run, methinks they get a wee bit of the benefit of the doubt as to the quality of the team over any "quality of opponent" opines (whines). Lastly, Bolted-On-Head , as to your SB non-points and silly selective memory and logic, I only talk SB with fans of a team that has won one before. The Dolts merely played in one and got their ever loving A** KICKED up, down and sideways and were embarrassed off the field. So, obviously, since you and the Dolts are so severely limited in SB matters , I wil not lower myself to your loser status to discuss this. But, hey, I can see why a Dolts fan would be so envious of teams like the Giants and Patriots. If I were a Dolts fan I would be too.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Kind of enjoying this little rivalry between you and my good buddy, Bolt. Hey, I always thought that the "Dolts" was reserved for the Colts...LOL!!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Late Forecast:

My statistical system gives useful results at 3:20 for that Sunday’s 4:00 through Monday night games.  Every team, when it has a good day, drags all of its recent opponents’ ratings up a bit, and vice-versa.

The big mover on my stats chart has been Green Bay nailing Detroit to the wall.  It’s a statistical landslide (of one football game) for me.  Not an auspicious start so far, and you wouldn’t gamble money on a random statistician anyways.  Neither did I.  Gambling, as you know, is for people who don’t understand mathematics. 

Be that as it may, the Green Bay move helps accentuate a number of hot NFL discrepancies elsewhere for the 4:00 games.  New England is nudged up from an 11-5 strength to an 11.4 - 4.6 strength.  My spread on the Chicago-Atlanta game has really blossomed in Atlanta’s favor.  The bookies have Atlanta by 3 points.  My spread on the Monday night San Diego at Denver game has really blossomed in favor of Denver.  The bookies have San Diego by 3.5 points.

Here’s my up to the minute 3:30 forecast versus the spread:

(my forecast, the oddsmakers, the discrepancy.)

phi

oak

az

sea

ten

ne

buf

nyj

chi

atl

den

sd

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Week Six NFL Picks, and "Game of the Week" : Wow! You are staggeringly ignorant! You  still haven't once answered my questions re: the Giants, and you still keep coming back to that "team of the decade" thing which is something I never denied or brought up. And you don't have the intellect or verbal skills to get beyond name calling and reptition! Do you realize how little chance you would have in any argument with me in front of an impartial 3rd party...about any subject you wish? As Texpat knows, you cannot deal with people like you using facts, logic, reason, objectivity, even civility.  It's amazing how much you sound good to yourself but you are saying nothing...just, again, repitition of non-points and personal attacks. And even your attacks-"little girl"- are repetitious! If you are not 15 or so, did you graduate high school? What is the last book you read? Wow! Good intelligent Pats fans like MVP and TexPat and the above Sam Adams must cringe when they see people like you as a fellow fan! BTW, to get down on your level, no matter what the Pats did in the ancient past, they played the Giants in one SB (who cares about the others? This is a Pats and Giants fan talking). And we all know the result . I know it must burn your semi-literat, rather low mind that no matter what you say or how you put me down personally and repeat the same nonsense because you cannot debate on a rational level, The G-Men and their fans will always have that over you head. And, really now, being the team of the decade or whatever just won't erase the sting of 18-1... admit it to yourself. In closing, then, dude! you lost, on every level, personally, football, intellectual, hell even in historical fact, so let it go! I Win...game over!
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

just like i said!!! lmao! the saints will beat the giants EASILY! LMAO!!

i won that battle! lol the giants were not only outplayed but also outclassed! lmao

Dreew Brees is better than Eli Manning!

Im better than you lmao you cant say anything about that lmao my prediction came true, and you know it. your wife is fat! lmao

you cant debate with me, giants lossed, they showed their true colors today getting completely whooped.

even troy aikman said "the saints are not the raiders or chiefs!" in other words the giants havent played any good team prior to todays game, which is what i said too!

man... im too good.

giants lost, you lost.... lol this is great

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

p.s.

your wife must cringe at the thought of having to live with you lol its cool though, shes fat anyway

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

8:45 pm sunday  My statistical system doesn't have a mercy killing rule.  The Pats just zoomed to a 15-1 strength.  Tennessee dropped to below a 2-14 strength (actually a strength of 1.6 victories per season).  I just have to report what I get.  At least I favored the Patriots over the vegas line by 2.7 points, but the statistics can't account for a completely injured rookie Titans backfield, no preparations for snow on Tennessee's part, and their just giving up.

The Jets are still 11-5 (actually 10.9), and the Bills are up to 8-8.

Atlanta got bumped up to nearly 16-0 strengh (15.6), just plain awesome, because so far they've hung in pretty well with the best teams (they played the Patriots so-so.)  Right now I give atlanta 13.7 points against Chicago.  The vegas line is 3 points.  We'll see.

Denver gets more credit too.  My stats now favor them by 2.4 points, while the oddsmakers favor San Diego by 3.5