Weird Welker Thought

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Weird Welker Thought

I know this is far fetched and there is a 99% probability that the thought is wrong, but I was just reading on Welker's injury on CBS Sports and it kind of struck me...

Could it be faked?

Yes, I doubt it too and it is more likely just wishful thinking on my part, but here are some facts:

1. It was a non-contact injury. The replay shows really nothing with regard to movement of the knee.

2. It happened on the first offensive series.

3. Other teams regard Welker as the player to stop as, as noted and emphasized by Brady today, the O is oriented around Welker.

4. Belichick has been known to use the injury report to his advantage.

I understood earlier in the season that the Pats have been holding off changing much of the offensive scheme so they could reveal new things in the playoffs. Just a rumor, but not unbelievable. 

So could creating an injury to Welker be part of that to really throw teams off? Will Welker appear in the Divisional game with a Willis Reed jersey on?

Yeah, crazy, I know, until it happens...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Re: Weird Welker Thought

As much as I'd like to believe this is true, I have a hard time seeing his parents in on the act and asking us to pray for him if it were a ruse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think this is total wishful thinking. On the other hand have the officially released how bad the injury is?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Seattle - That is the part that actually got me thinking - when was the last time a player's parent chimed in the night the injury happened? That was the odd thing that made me notice - it seems to be an oversell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

I wish but it's real.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zigmundo. Show zigmundo's posts

The commish might be just a tad PO'd at BB if he faked an injury report, especially considering how BB walks the fence on injury reporting rules.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Enoch,

Blowing out your knee without contact is probably more common than most people think. I saw a similar thing happen to Dixon - a QB with very good legs from  the Oregon Ducks. If Maslow has been around this part of the country for a while, he;d know what I am talking about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Up the commish. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

What about the part where right after the play Welker was sitting on the bench crying while they were looking at him? I wish you were right, but I don't know......it's not looking so good. Time to move on I think.

It's playoff time!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsAficionado. Show SportsAficionado's posts

What's the NFL stance toward a team that gives erroneous information to the league regarding injuries? 

Certainly they have a policy otherwise teams would say stuff like "well, all of our defensive backs have kidney stones and our running backs all have a hernia".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well Enoch, I don't think I'll ever accuse you of not holding out hope or being optimistic.  I even had the same passing thought.  Here's to the .001% chance it's a big act.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

he was crying... not an act.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

If any team could loose its best wide reciever and still win it all its NE.  Not saying it's going to happen but would it be any more shocking than beating the rams. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Players might fake injuries in order to fake out the opposing team.  It works for about one play. 

The best-trained faker on a football team is the punter.  He can occasionally change a fourth and long to a first and ten simply by falling over, scrunching up his face and grabbing his knee for three seconds.  It sometimes helps if another player actually ran into him, or at least came close.

Injury stoppages in play are helpful when a team has run out of timeouts and the defense needs a 30 second blow. 

Slightly different, a Miami defensive back claims that Randy Moss regularly dogs it, but then he suddenly explodes downfield.  It's part of Moss's game, lulling the cornerbacks to sleep.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

If this was fake, Welker would have to be nominated for an academy award for best male actor.  

The only things we can hope for now is for the Patriots to go on a magical ride through the playoffs without him, and for Welker to return strong at some point next season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Reality check guys, Welker will most likely miss all of the 2010 season, maybe he will be ready for the 2010 playoffs.

Reality sukks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Geez, maybe it wasn't really even Welker but a lookalike dressed in disguise?? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

ROFL ^^^^^^

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Willie McGinest did a pretty good job of faking injury against the colts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Scene: Foxboro, January 10th, 1:07PM. The Patriots are on their first offensive possesion of the day. They break the huddle and Bardy starts barking out signals: "52 is the Mike", " Omaha". Then everyone's attention is drawn to the corner runway where Wes Welker comes running out on the field in a Larry Bird Moment stripping off his warm up jacket as the Theme from Rocky starts Blaring over the P.A. system.

I'm on Board Enoch, I know there is money in this somewhere!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

since this is about what ifs.i would have to say what if the pats dont beat the ravens because welker didnt play.then the plan for the divisional game would be out the door.someone like welker if healthy is needed in every game.i would love to hear a report come over the air waves saying welker just has a deep bruise,or sprain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

How did we miss this?  Edelman and Welker switched jerseys before the game!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The Geldings did a great job of fake resting their players and fake thinking that 19-0 is insignificant.

*they also could hide that they were scared of the Jets....."they hit too hard"