Welker Drop Tracker 11/10/2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Welker Drop Tracker 11/10/2013

Wes Welker, the receiver version of P Manning. Great regular season stats, but when that one play needs to be made, he never made it. At least as a Pat he didn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wes Welker, the receiver version of P Manning. Great regular season stats, but when that one play needs to be made, he never made it. At least as a Pat he didn't.

[/QUOTE]

and of course u didn't think or say anything of this while he was a Patriot right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and of course u didn't think or say anything of this while he was a Patriot right?

[/QUOTE]

Is it untrue?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So it all came down to one play?  LMAO! 

Lets stroll down memory lane of SB XLV here....

During the last 2 drives there were 4 passes that were dropped that affected the game.  Welkers was first, then Branch dropped 2 in a row on the final drive and Hernandez dropped one.  

12 men on the field.. OUCH!

The defense allowed Nicks and Manningham to have big day

The defense couldn't get off the field.  Giants had the ball for 37 minutes.

An injured Gronk on the field was a problem.

My man TFB did make a bad decision throwing a hail mary pass to an injured Gronk who couldn't go up and get it, resulting in an int.

Out coached

The defense allowed an 88 yard final drive TD in the last few minutes of the game to lose it.

Feel free to add to the list if you would like.

So um, yeah.... blaming Welker is a silly argument.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

This subject is always fresh.    Not really

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

During the last 2 drives there were 4 passes that were dropped that affected the game.  Welkers was first, then Branch dropped 2 in a row on the final drive and Hernandez dropped one.  

My man TFB did make a bad decision throwing a hail mary pass to an injured Gronk who couldn't go up and get it, resulting in an int.

Out coached

The defense allowed an 88 yard final drive TD in the last few minutes of the game to lose it.

[/QUOTE]

honesyTFB don't some of your fellow Patsies fans embarass you sometimes?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

So I guess Asante Samuel doesn't deserve negative attention from dropping an easy game winning int in 42 because the offensive line played poorly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So I guess Asante Samuel doesn't deserve negative attention from dropping an easy game winning int in 42 because the offensive line played poorly

[/QUOTE]

asante deserves alot of blame. all he is know for is INTs and he couldn't make the one play he was good at on a ball literally thrown AT him. that memory never leaves the mind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Out coached

[/QUOTE]

honesyTFB don't some of your fellow Patsies fans embarass you sometimes?

[/QUOTE]

All teams have homers.  Trying to understand some of the crazy thinking that goes on here is mind blowing.  But like I said, visit any teams forum and you will see it.  Makes you wonder how smart people can be so dim-witted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Great players make big plays in big moments. People can judge Welker & Samuel as they want but the bottom line was when the moment came for them... neither delivered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great players make big plays in big moments. People can judge Welker & Samuel as they want but the bottom line was when the moment came for them... neither delivered.

[/QUOTE]

I guess we could say that for all players and coaches on the two SB teams too then.  Funny how people single out one or two players.

As for Samuel I still have mixed thoughts about the missed int.  It was a very high pass, he could barely get fingertips on the ball.  Did he misjudge it?  Could he have jumped higher?  Go watch it again.  I have watched it probably 100 times and I still can't make my mind up if he could have made it or not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess we could say that for all players and coaches on the two SB teams too then.  Funny how people single out one or two players.

As for Samuel I still have mixed thoughts about the missed int.  It was a very high pass, he could barely get fingertips on the ball.  Did he misjudge it?  Could he have jumped higher?  Go watch it again.  I have watched it probably 100 times and I still can't make my mind up if he could have made it or not.

[/QUOTE]

It was an easy int for Samuel - I'll never forgive him!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I only singled out the players that other fans classify as great players. I had hoped they could have re-signed Welker but regardless of whether he was still a Pat or not the fact remains he dropped a ball that most likely would have iced that game away.

As for Samuel IMO I thought he drifted in coverage always trying to guess correctly. He was able to do that early in his career and make up for it with athletic ability but as he has aged in football years he hasn't been as successful playing that kind of style.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I only singled out the players that other fans classify as great players. I had hoped they could have re-signed Welker but regardless of whether he was still a Pat or not the fact remains he dropped a ball that most likely would have iced that game away.

As for Samuel IMO I thought he drifted in coverage always trying to guess correctly. He was able to do that early in his career and make up for it with athletic ability but as he has aged in football years he hasn't been as successful playing that kind of style.

[/QUOTE]

And he made a number of catches in the SB that gave them a chance to have that drop to begin with. I hate silly arguments like this because it's like blaiming Buckner without realizing they wouldn't have even be in the WS without him. To lay blaim for 1 play without recognizing the amount of plays that came before that to even give that play a shot to happen is just blind. As TFB mentioned numerous other players made mistakes when the game was on the line and had plenty of chances also. Harrison not being able to knock a finger tip grab out, Samuel not getting an int, the DL not getting a stop, Brady tossing an int for a drive that became a turning point in the game. It's funny people pick out that one moment but fail to recognize that in Buckners case they had a whole game to play afterward and in Welkers case that wasn't the last series in the game. People just need goats and Welker being so dependable sticks out because you didn't expect him to drop the pass, even though it wasn't an easy pass to catch in the first place.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Has any Welker nay sayer- blamer changed their mind on SB loss? I don't think I've read one post where a Welker bashers has reconsidered their point of view.  

I don't get it- but each to their own. Wes was one of the biggest contributors and reasons why Pats made it to play offs + SB games.  Incrediable stamnia, durability, and yes clutch. I don't know of any NFL mistake free players.  

As fans we have our hands full with our own drop watch this season. One of the highest # of drops in the NFL by multipe receivers, and multiple times by receivers. I wonder if it's the most Pats team drops in a season leading to the bye? Will try and find that stat somewhere. Should get better when Pats return for the seond half of the season. 

I expect the home game against Denver to be a shoot out and Wes will certainly bring it. I am sure Wes will get some kind of shout out appreciation by fans at Gillette. A lot of good entertaining football ahead. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has any Welker nay sayer- blamer changed their mind on SB loss? I don't think I've read one post where a Welker bashers has reconsidered their point of view.  

I don't get it- but each to their own. Wes was one of the biggest contributors and reasons why Pats made it to play offs + SB games.  Incrediable stamnia, durability, and yes clutch. I don't know of any NFL mistake free players.  

As fans we have our hands full with our own drop watch this season. One of the highest # of drops in the NFL by multipe receivers, and multiple times by receivers. I wonder if it's the most Pats team drops in a season leading to the bye? Will try and find that stat somewhere. Should get better when Pats return for the seond half of the season. 

I expect the home game against Denver to be a shoot out and Wes will certainly bring it. I am sure Wes will get some kind of shout out appreciation by fans at Gillette. A lot of good entertaining football ahead. 

[/QUOTE]

As fans we have our hands full with our own drop watch this season. One of the highest # of drops in the NFL by multipe receivers, and multiple times by receivers. I wonder if it's the most Pats team drops in a season leading to the bye?

There have been many threads here over the course of the season about the drops issue, hence this thread.

It will be interesting to see the fans reaction to WW.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And he made a number of catches in the SB that gave them a chance to have that drop to begin with. I hate silly arguments like this because it's like blaiming Buckner without realizing they wouldn't have even be in the WS without him. To lay blaim for 1 play without recognizing the amount of plays that came before that to even give that play a shot to happen is just blind. As TFB mentioned numerous other players made mistakes when the game was on the line and had plenty of chances also. Harrison not being able to knock a finger tip grab out, Samuel not getting an int, the DL not getting a stop, Brady tossing an int for a drive that became a turning point in the game. It's funny people pick out that one moment but fail to recognize that in Buckners case they had a whole game to play afterward and in Welkers case that wasn't the last series in the game. People just need goats and Welker being so dependable sticks out because you didn't expect him to drop the pass, even though it wasn't an easy pass to catch in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

+1x10^10000000000000

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's funny is after the Super Bowl a fair number of posters were telling us there was no way Welker could have made that catch and it was really another example of Brady failing in big games.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

What's funny is after the Super Bowl a fair number of posters were telling us there was no way Welker could have made that catch and it was really another example of Brady failing in big games.  

Why is this funny?  I'm fairly certain nobody has changed their mind on this issue.  The people that blame Brady still blame Brady and the people that blame Welker still blame Welker.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you knw after that Buckner tried to commit suicide?   He jumped in front of a bus, but it went thru his legs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is it untrue?

[/QUOTE]

no -and regardless it's 20/20 hindsight and revisionism after the fact

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you knw after that Buckner tried to commit suicide?   He jumped in front of a bus, but it went thru his legs. 

[/QUOTE]

hohoho! oh that philly is such a wit!

NOT

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hohoho! oh that philly is such a wit!

NOT

[/QUOTE]

Eeeeeee youuuuuuu eeeeeee yoiuuuuu.  Ticket buddy.  Do you have a mt Washington plate too?  I mean that's the next site in line with old man in the mountain.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no game is decided on one play no matter how big or when...everything that came before and after counts too

after Samuel's play why couldn't Pats D step up and stop Giants on the rest of the drive?

after Welker's play why couldn't Pats D stop Giants marching 92 yards dwon the field?

and the 57 minutes before that counted didn't it?

same with Buckner-that was Scharaldi or Stanley's fault moreso

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was an easy int for Samuel - I'll never forgive him!

[/QUOTE]

it was not easy nor was welker's...whether they shoud have made rhe play is a valid argument but to call either one a gimme is just wrong