welker, edelman, and farnham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

welker, edelman, and farnham

three very similar guys.

welker was an undrafted free agent. he has clearly blossomed into a stud. edelman was a seventh round pick with a ton of potential. farnham is a tryout guy that the pats signed this week who had a good first camp but thats about all there is to say about him so far although i think he has good potential.

with welker likely starting the season on PUP recovering from not only his nasty knee injury, but also a torn rotator cuff, i think it is the realm of possibility that if edelman or farnham have a monster first six weeks they could take his job. i hope wes comes back healthy and ready to be the same guy he was the past two seasons, but is that realistic?

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Re: welker, edelman, and farnham

You gotta love these guys 185 pounds and it's all heart. But there in lies the problem these guys get the snot beat out of them being slot receivers. Remember the shot WW took from Clark in the Pittsburgh game, and the spear in the back from Bulleck in the Titan game. With a rotation of three similar guys they won't be apt to get injured.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

At this point, I'd be suprised if Farnham sees the field on offense.

Keep in mind that Hernandez will likely see some time in the slot as well, as could Tate.  Hernandez in particular could be a huge matchup nightmare in that capacity as he's too fast, quick and athletic for most LB's and too big and strong for most DB's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to welker, edelman, and farnham:
    ..... with welker likely starting the season on PUP recovering from not only his nasty knee injury, but also a torn rotator cuff, i think it is the realm of possibility that if edelman or farnham have a monster first six weeks they could take his job....
    Posted by FOWLER8196

I could see them putting him on IR from PUP if they thought he'd be better off and they could get by with others.  It's a two year recovery from his injury.  Who knows if these guys can be as good as he's been.  I tend to doubt it, he's pretty unique. But that doesn't mean they can't play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Edelman,Tate,Patten,Moss,Price and Holt are on this roster barring any injury,trades,or surprises. So the question becomes how many WR's are going to stick with the team? I would have put Welker on this list but he won't be back until week 6,at the earliest. I really think they could run more 3 TE sets because of the atheleticism of both of the rookies,and the pure blocking talent afforded them with the addition of Crumpler,this configuration allows them to go to an all running scheme in blocking on the line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: welker, edelman, and farnham:
    At this point, I'd be suprised if Farnham sees the field on offense. Keep in mind that Hernandez will likely see some time in the slot as well, as could Tate.  Hernandez in particular could be a huge matchup nightmare in that capacity as he's too fast, quick and athletic for most LB's and too big and strong for most DB's.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

If Buddy sees time on the field you will be surprised...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I hope Farnham makes the team just to pisss off all the pats fans you dog out BB.

What's it gonna hurt to have seven WRs? Don't need fulbacks and alot of TEs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Fartham

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

how many WHITE SLOT receivers can one team have

i am in favor of getting brady receivers that can catch, just like when we won those championships: Who was Tom Brady's favorite Receiver? ---> THE OPEN ONE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

WRs that are sure on the team:

Welker (pup)
    Moss
    Edelman

WRs most likely to make the team in some form:

Holt
    Tate
    Price
    Aiken/Slater (one of them will be STs if not both)

That's 7/8 right now though with Welker most likely being pupped you could squeze in another for at minimum 6 games

WRs to battle it out:

Jenkins
    White
    Barnes
    Patten
    Farnham
    Anderson
    Stanbach

Now there will most likely be 2 spots on PS and Patten is an odd man out but tha still leaves 6 playrs battling for a couple practice spots. Unless Farnham blows them away and takes Aikens or Slaters spot he's not making the 53 man roster but I could see him and Anderson being the PS guys out of the lot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've never seen Farnham play, but isn't it a little soon to say he is similar to Welker? I mean the guy really wasn't even a priority free agent, he had to try out to become a priority free agent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

how many WHITE SLOT receivers can one team have i am in favor of getting brady receivers that can catch, just like when we won those championships: Who was Tom Brady's favorite Receiver? --- /> THE OPEN ONE
    Posted by Gulo
    not sure how the white part is relevant

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You can eliminate both White and Barnes as they are both in the Navy. Anderson will get a lot of PT in Preseason because he's a big target. Farnham will have to play out of his mind and body to win a spot on this team but thats not an impossibility,his competition is much steeper as he is a slot receiver and Edelman,Price and Tate all project as slot receivers,let alone that Welker once he's healthy will return to his previous spot at the Slot position. I will root for a hardy competition and may the best receivers win!!!! Moss and Holt are excluded from the competition as I'm sure their credentials speak for themselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

A local hero makes it more real.........go Buddy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

If Edelman can repeat his performance from last season, I also see Welker going to the IR.  A few reporters from Foxsports, as well as, ESPN report that it will take up to a year for him to recover fully.  What also worries me is we have another Chad Jackson build up.  I am to the point now where I just want healthy WRs that will compete throughout the preseason and make it difficult for BB to pick the final roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

how many WHITE SLOT receivers can one team have Posted by Gulo

if i was liberal i'd say that's a racist comment.

but, what's it matter what color a player is? as long as when he's wearing the team colors and he gives 100% to winning

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

WRs that are sure on the team: Welker (pup) Moss Edelman WRs most likely to make the team in some form: Holt Tate Price Aiken/Slater (one of them will be STs if not both) That's 7/8 right now though with Welker most likely being pupped you could squeze in another for at minimum 6 games WRs to battle it out: Jenkins White Barnes Patten Farnham Anderson Stanbach Now there will most likely be 2 spots on PS and Patten is an odd man out but tha still leaves 6 playrs battling for a couple practice spots. Unless Farnham blows them away and takes Aikens or Slaters spot he's not making the 53 man roster but I could see him and Anderson being the PS guys out of the lot
    Posted by PatsEng

this is how i see it:

Moss
    Edelman
    Holt
    Tate
    Price
    Patten
    Farnham

Welker - I don't think he'll be 100%. BB might not to risk it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: welker, edelman, and farnham : this is how i see it: Moss Edelman Holt Tate Price Patten Farnham Welker - I don't think he'll be 100%. BB might not to risk it
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Aiken and Slater are both ST gunners that rake up tackles and can block you can't forget that. Pattern has beyond an outside chance and unless Farnham can prove he's better then a couple vets on STs then he's not making the 53 man squad. Lets face it the only way he makes the 53 man squad is on STs or if someone gets hurt, not as one of the main 4 WRs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Re: welker, edelman, and farnham : this is how i see it: Moss Edelman Holt Tate Price Patten Farnham Welker - I don't think he'll be 100%. BB might not to risk it
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I don't see Patten making this team. I think he's here for old time's sake. Besides, 7 WRs is insane.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: welker, edelman, and farnham : I don't see Patten making this team. I think he's here for old time's sake. Besides, 7 WRs is insane.
    Posted by CubanPete

I don't see it either. I see Moss, Holt, Welker (PUP), Edelman, Tate, and Price as the WRs. Aiken or Slater may or may not make the team only because of their ST abilities.

Patten is 35 and isn't nearly as good as the older WRs in Moss and Holt. I think they'll stick with the young promising players over Patten, who will probably retire after the year is over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

WW will never be the same guy he was and we shouldnt expect him to be. Ive been saying this since the injury happened and know about this stuff because of the profession Im in. The worst thing you can do when your coming back from an injury that Wes suffered is make sudden , quick burst or sudden , quick cuts. Even if he is ahead of the game at this point its going to be incredibly difficult to return to game shape. Listen Im not saying he cant still be an impact player , but Id look for him to eventually be about 70-80% of what he was as we knew him. Trust me when I say this , your never the same as you were , after having a major surgery like he did. Im not saying this to be an azzhole , but I think we depended on him way too much when he was here. Relying that much on a slot WR that cant stretch the field puts way too much pressure on 12/81 to put up all the points. I really think we need to re-shape this O a little bit and find someone else besides Moss that can put up 6. Id love to see WW back around Nov as a 3rd WR.