Welker injured, done for season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Welker????

If you want to root for a team that rests its starters, root for the Colts. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

The POPs he has been talking all year...I thought sure he would be inactive today

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yawkeyfan. Show yawkeyfan's posts

Patriots Football is all out, guts on the field football.  I am a season ticket holder and devastated by the Welker injury but don't start blaming Bellichek. This is football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fkmoyer. Show fkmoyer's posts

No one touched him, it was a fluke that could have hapened in practice.

With how uneven the offense has played I would have been upset if they were benched for the entire game, they nee to gain momentum. Even if BB was going to rest them I expect he would of had them play a quarter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I new some idiots would blame BB for this injury.  NOBODY rests their players for the first series of the gam.  You don't have enough players on the roster to rest all of the key players...if Welker, then who else? Brady, Moss, Taylor, Morris, Watson, Mayo, Meriweather, Banta-Cain...the list goes on.  It was a freak injury that could have happened in practice or at any point during the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

C'mon should be a repeat of the Matt Cassel vrs Miami game...Flutie dropkicked the PAT.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Adversity - this team won Super Bowls without Welker.

Don't forget: we still have some chump named Randy Moss.  I hear he's pretty good.  Also, I think the Pats can win next week without Welker anyway.  I think we'd only need him against the Colts and the Chargers, and even then I think those high-powered offenses can be beat by controlling the ball with the run.

Plus, maybe Goodell will reward the Patriots somehow (phantom calls in our favor?!?!?!) for playing hard when it didn't count and paying the price.  I know karma will.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

How did we win all of those superbowls WITHOUT guys like Moss and Welker, oh lord the sky is falling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shanghaisox. Show shanghaisox's posts

Sad end to a historic season. My guess is he'll never be the same player. I hope he still gets paid like he'll be the same player, because he deserves so much more than the pats have paid him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Evil2009, you idiot

Welker has been dinged up all year. He needed  a game off along with Brady and Moss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo! Man that is what I was fearing. I hope its not as bad as it looked  but I suspect it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Spetz
    You shut the f up!  You are ALWAYS so negative and pointing fingers.  We all saw the play and feel bad enough...we don't need your negativity to boot.
    Are you really a fan?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"f you want to root for a team that rests its starters, root for the Colts. "

AMEN! This game is hardly meaningless, it has playoff implications for a number of teams in the AFC, as well as the Pats own seeding. Welker injured himself in a way he could have easily done in any practice. This offense also needed the extra reps. People are posting like we were 13-2. We have beat very few good teams like Houston this season. I for one am proud to root for a team that leaves it on the field and doesn't encourage passivity and fraidy cat bench sitting. BB rested a few key players today who were knicked up and now he's coaching the game to win, as it should be. 

Also, before the trollish ones belly ache further - teams that rest players heading towards the playoffs often have trouble regaining the momentum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

wc-we did it with great receivers in troy brown and david patten.not with nobodys of edelman,and aiken.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

It always looks worse in slow motion.

Watch it at full speed and re-assess your opinions.

It could still be a knee sprain, or an ankle injury (particularly a high ankle injury).  They said he was questionable (50/50) to return, so...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1254995. Show user_1254995's posts

We can only hope it is not a major injury (it did not look that way). This is the time for the offense to step it up, show they are not a three man team! Go back to the "old" days when Brady would use everyone.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattytars. Show mattytars's posts

Rex Ryan has a HUGE smile on his face now.....and thats not because he just got McDonalds for lunch!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

gotta just laugh at you clowns whining about him playing in a meaningless game and why did BB play him etc etc??

it was a freak play at the beginning of the game, not like the starters werent going to at very least start and play a half just like they do in preseason. lets say BB sits everyone, and they go into next week and struggle to get the offense going. you same clowns would be crying that they shouldve played this week and built momentum going into the playoffs. i bet you were also the same guys making fun of the colts decision last week that cost them an undefeated season.  

its crap luck and its horrible to lose welker, but at the same time i have no problem them playing this game to win just like the giants did to us in week 17, 2007. this pats team is not good enough to just sit everyone and rest on their laurels, they need momentum, they need to be battle hardened for the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Time for all you whining bandwagon fans jump off now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It looked pretty bad, no matter what the injury is even if it's a small one he won't be available to play next week.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveFR. Show SteveFR's posts

Oh well, we here in NY could care less.  J-E-T-S  Jets Jets Jets  ... WILL be in the playoffs. Oh, the Yankees RULE baseball and will again in 2010.

Brady 3 broken ribs, Welker OUT  :-)  = NO SUPERBOWL

Actually, I think the Patriots slide has begun!  Enjoy your ride to the bottom.  :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

F'ING Jets fan... where were you during your slide???? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Yes I am a fan.

If you are talking about getting momentum for the playoffs, then you might as well all your stars for 4 quarters. Brady is already out of the game? What was the freaking point in playing Brady, Moss and Welker for 1 quarter and then taking them out before halftime? You cant play for momentum if you only play for 1 quarter!  You dont think if Welker hadnt gotten hurt, then Brady would still be out there.  This is a meaningless game, Pats could have treated this game like a bye week to get healthy for the playoffs. 

Welker is our offense and this team will struggle to score points in the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Although Welker's was a freak injury, in which he seemed to blow out his knee making a cut...the guy credited with the tackle was none other than Bernard Pollard. Is that wierd or what?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/03/welker-leaves-with-knee-injury/

This injury ruined my Sunday...and surely his as well. Talk about rotten breaks! Not only is Welker done. but all we're going to hear from the press now is how Polian and Caldwell were right to pull their players. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Absolutely DUMB DUMB DUMB move by BB to have weker in the game.  You need to rest your key guys - Brady, Moss, Welker, Wilfork.  Every other team does it and the Pats are dumb not too.

Looks even stupider now that he has pulled brady and conceded the game.  We lost Welker for no good reason.

And for all you guys saying it was a freak play and good happen anytime.  DUH!!!! thats why you DONT play the key guys guys freak injuries can happen.