Welker injured, done for season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clifford987. Show clifford987's posts

Re: Welker????

Too bad we just play for 45 minutes on the road...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1254995. Show user_1254995's posts

I understand we are resting players, but we have to be the worst 2nd half team in football.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from iihito. Show iihito's posts

Patriots run/pass defense is not going to win any games despite the defensive TD against the Texans.  Pats defense today couldn't stop a good college team today.  They will not go far in the playoffs with this horrible defense.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

chargerspride wrote:

Hey wcpatsfan,  speaking of the weather how is the weather in freezing New England? True there are alot of bandwangon riders, but there is to much to do in San Diego . we are not locked in our houses for 4 months out of the year. Also you are talking to a season ticket holder since 1980...don't think that is fairweather....i,ve been through more loosing seasons then winning ones, again not fairweather.

--------

I lived in CA for years; know quite a bit about the fickle fans there, etc... Most of them would rather go to the Garlic Festival or attend other sundries that support the local teams.  Interestingly, when the Red Sox come to town, they typically out-number the home fans!

As for ther weather, many Californians head to the mountains this time of year for the winter sports- they do not all hang by the waterfront, particularly in Northern California (i.e. water is too cold).  FYI: there is a blessing in the Four Seasons, simply put.

FYI: the people and teamwork in the New England workplace(s) is superior to those in California...the same spirit that out-cheers California team- AT HOME!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

"Chargerspride"

You have to be kidding me with this user ID. The Chargers have been to one Super bowl in their history in which they got destroyed. A great season for the Chargers is losing in the first round of the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

"Patriots run/pass defense is not going to win any games despite the defensive TD against the Texans.  Pats defense today couldn't stop a good college team today.  They will not go far in the playoffs with this horrible defense."

Exactly!  Welker is a non factor if defense plays like this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chargerspride. Show Chargerspride's posts

hey Btown, why did you leave Ca. Did you miss your mom in the cold winters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1254995. Show user_1254995's posts

We are a great 30 minute team, with the way we play in the 2nd half, 1st round playoff win could be tough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cjxo. Show cjxo's posts

at least pitt is out

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3099233. Show user_3099233's posts

Well, we got to see Edelman get some reps today, and I am very confident we will be ok in the playoffs if Welker is unable to play.  Uneducated football fans will all say that we looked bad against the Jets early in the year without Wes.  However today Edelman showed what 16 weeks can do for a rookie when they gain experience in the offense.  The only thing Wes had on Edelman was knowledge of the offense and chemistry with Brady.  It is obvious that Edelman now can do the job and has a grasp of the offense as a former college quarterback he has to have a good understanding of the playbook by now, and he showed today he may have more of a burst and be a little bit tougher to tackle after the catch than welker.  He was a great runner in college and has made plays when given the chance.  I would not view this as a doomsday scenario for the pats, but the birth of a star.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bos2SD. Show Bos2SD's posts

As long as Brady is starting and The Hoody is coaching, we can NOT be counted out completely.  However, before Welker was lost for the playoffs (which based on my inside source, that I like to refer to as "MY EYE BALLS.") I honestly, felt like the Patriots had as good of a chance of winning the Super Bowl as ANY team including Indy.  

BUT, NOW with Welker almost certainly being lost for the season, (the man would not have been crying if he didn't feel something really bad in his body and this is a guy that pound for pound is as tough as they come) I say we are NOW behind San Diego (my new favorite) and Indy and possibly even behind Minnesota, the Saints, and Philly, in terms of teams I think will win the Super Bowl this year.  

Let's put it this way, IF the Patriots WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR, to me this will be a close 2nd for their most stunning championship (behind the legendary upset over "The Greatest Show on Turf.")  Between Brady coming back from a career threatening injury, Welker being lost for the Playoffs, and almost every iconic defensive player being shipped out this offseason for a bunch of young extremely inexperienced replacements, well, the odds are slim that we're going to do it this year (next year is another story...).  

However, I do drink the Coach Belichick Kool Aid on a regular basis and Tom Brady has still only lost THREE playoff games his WHOLE CAREER (and two of those games were by less than 5 points!), so the bottom line is while they are no longer the favorites or even in the top 3 favorites in my mind, I would NEVER bet much against Brady, Bill and the Boys in a Big Game.  If you want to, go ahead it's your money...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewEnglandah. Show TheNewEnglandah's posts

I work in Physical Therapy field.......I hate to be joining you guys but I think he's all done.....by the looks of it, he tried to pivot and the lower half of his leg did not want to......It's either an MCL tear or what ya call the "unhappy triad", ACL,MCL, and meniscus tear........it looked pretty terrible,,...hope its a knee sprain, but judging by the tears in his eyes and the constant dropping of F Bombs......I'ld say Welker is all done....8 month rehab......he should be back on the field by the 3rd or 4th game...obviously this is speculation only........you cannot blam BB.....you always want to go into the playoffs on a good note....any good coach would have done the same..it was Welkers fault, no one hit him..........I still trust in BB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KC20. Show KC20's posts

What a buzz kill this game was ?  I would have been fine if they just mailed it in from the beginning.  I got plenty of chores the wife is still screaming about.  Instead I have to watch them lose another road game while leading in the 2nd half.  Welker blows out his knee and we won't see him again until September.  I realize they rested a lot of key guys but they played a lot of key guys as well.  This team just baffles me with their inability to close a game.  I'm not sure they win next week.  I'm not sure they know how to win anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericdejong. Show ericdejong's posts

vtcat - you are correct.  When Wilhite plays all the opposing QB has to do is throw it to the receiver that Wilhite is supposed to be covering (but in reality isn't anywhere close to) for an easy completion.  Wilhite gave up the key 3rd and 15 and the key 3rd and 12 that kept the game going.  He shouldn't be on the field.  He stinks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFan79. Show PatsFan79's posts

The fact is that the Pats have had major problems on the road and cannot stop a decent QB. From here on in, they will be playing better than decent QBs so I don't give them much of a chance to win even one game. Welker's injury is obviously a death blow but Brady looked ordinary today and has looked that way in just about every away game this season. Even if they do win, they'll have to face Indy or SD on the road and I just don't see them winning against either team especially w/o Welker.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdence. Show mdence's posts

Welker is a great player, but that is not what lost the game and the season.  The extremely loose prevent defense has lost a bunch ofg 4th quarter leads.  Having safties play 20 yards off the line of scrimage in the NFL is suicide.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SDBOLTZ. Show SDBOLTZ's posts

Patriot Nation,

Bolts fan here. Wishing Wes, an ex Bolt, a speedy recovery. We would love for the Bolts to play a completely healthy Pats team. Good luck...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from papabear. Show papabear's posts

If Welker is gone then so is most of the passing game.  We need a good running game as well.  A lot of the O line is getting up there, time to re-configure with a few younger players.  Randy Moss & Tom Brady can't do it on their own, no matter what.  As far as sitting players because their team is already in the play-off's is just a business decision by the mgt.  However, its not good if you paid your hard earned money to go to a game and none of the star players are playing.  That's something the League will have to fix, one way or the other.  end result... Sorry to say but I think NE has a lot to think over in the off season which will probably begin after next game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from optima1. Show optima1's posts

No place in the NFL for small people...... period!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKSOXFAN. Show AKSOXFAN's posts

I'm a devout Pats fan...have been all my life....yes, even in the dark years, and I've always been a huge Belichick fan. However, I can't fathom why he would risk the playoffs on a meaningless game for the Pats (3rd seed or 4th seed, who cares) by playing the core starters at all, especially with Brady being less than 100% to begin with! The timing of the injury to Welker was unfortunate, because that really could have happened at any time, in practice or wherever (although I think that Edelman is a capable replacement).

Yet in spite of all this, they were actually ahead of the Texans by 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, only to give up 3 touches late to the Texans and lose, thereby losing whatever momentum that they may have had after beating Jacksonville last week. Consequently, I don't see them getting past the second round of the playoffs, whether it's against the Colts or the Bolts....IMHO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shanghaisox. Show shanghaisox's posts

Whatever happened with the knee, Welker will be questionable on every injury report the rest of the year.  We know how Bill likes to use the injury reoprt to give everyone the finger and maybe try to mess with the oponents's heads.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RacingdeAvellaneda. Show RacingdeAvellaneda's posts

Just read on AOL that Welker has a torn miniscus. He can play but he'll obviously be slowed down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toadio14. Show toadio14's posts

I'm a fourth year medical student and have some experience with orthopedic injuries. At best this is a severe medial collateral ligament (MCL) sprain, but I thought it looked worse than that judging by how gingerly he walked off the field. I fear this could be the dreaded "unhappy triad" - ACL tear, MCL tear, and medial meniscal tear that occurs when a lateral force is applied to the knee while the foot is in a fixed position.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Rick4Colts Is there some reason why anyone would pay attention to a fan of the 1 super bowl Colts?