WELKER: Is it an ACL, MCL or PCL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

WELKER: Is it an ACL, MCL or PCL?

since so many of u seem to be doctors on this board, let's speculate. i say its an acl. wear and tear thing. think by playg him on both kr and pr teams and primary wr did him in. u only have so many plays in that small body. dont these guys lear. similar thing happened to dave maggett. just a matter of time. i had a post on this a while ago. wasnt welk bothered by a "mysterious" knee injury earlier this year to the same knee?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Re: WELKER: Is it an ACL, MCL or PCL?

MCL,he tore it on the cut he was making. ACL is Almost always hurt, running or stepping forward. Or as we know getting a helmet hit against your knee. Bradys leg was bent sideways and thats were the MCL tore.

Dr. Sic'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

ditto on Dr. Sico's Dx...

Welker cutting from lef to right using left leg.  Knee bent downward....mcl is on that side. Could also include other ligaments....I have to wait until I see the MRI :)

Oh, yeah....surgery will be in about 10 days; sooner if swelling comes down. About 1 year to full recovery

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

If it's a grade 1 or slight 2 sprain of the MCL he could play in three to four weeks.
    The MCL gets good blood flow so it heals better and faster than a ACL. If it's a grade 3 or 4, then he needs to cheer on his team mates.  

I had a grade 4 tear of the MCL and I couldn't put any pressure on that leg for about two months.

It would be quite a story if he unexpectedly returns for an AFC championship game against the Colts, and fuels a victory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

My aunt has a grade4 as we speak, ive been helping her rehab, she was walking surprisingly well a couple of weeks after, about 4-5. But running, cutting, no way. Even if its a low 1 , its all bout his game. This guys cutting b4 he even gets the ball to try and anticapate getting 5 more yrds. If its one or two, then SB, maybe. But were getting way ahead of ourselves. Im actually a P.Therapist and this depends on the person, his/her history w/ injury, and pain tolerence if your actually serious about doing anything strenuous. U got a sore/chronic back, shoulder, heres a shot, c-ya, you can play. Tearing ligaments/tendons, different story morning glory.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

MCL from the way the injury occurred - hyperextended not torn. Of course, that is just in looking at the bend in the joint as he is running. Internally, more may have happened. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

It did look a lot like the injury to Rodney Harrison against the steelers. The leg sort of wobbled as his cleat caught the ground as he tried to make a lateral move.

When they carted Harrison off the announcer said the team has informed us he will be back for the second half, and I thought yeah second half of next season.

Wait and see I guess, and pray. Edelmans pretty good too like a mini me of Welker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Just a thought....he had bad knee at the start of the season.  Dunno if it was the same one.  But it makes you wonder if the knee was vulnerable to begin with.  I think with his work ethic he'll be as good as new next year.

We're lucky to have Edelman, a Welker clone.  This means they don't have to change too much. 

The disturbing factor for me is, whether they rested guys or not, this 4th game they've blown in the 4th quarter this year.

A defense truly in transition and a year away.  That to me is the bigger issue.  Rivers and/or Manning may tear it apart.