Welker Stifled By BB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Welker Stifled By BB?

Welker felt stifled by BB...but same treatment for all.

http://www.boston.com/sports/2013/08/07/treatment-from-bill-belichick-contributed-wes-welker-departure/xubfw5SfY9GZlOT5Vx89sJ/story.html

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re: Welker Stifled By BB?

He should stop his widdle baby cryin' and just stfu...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bill just got sick of seeing Wes drop balls at huge moments. There is no mystery as to why he is gone.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Welker has been set free. Listen to him roar!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

i see both sides.  welker is not being a baby at all.  he came to the defences of his team.  I mean who didn't get tired of the trash talk coming out of the jets locker room and so on.  good for him.  but im glad he's gone.  that is as long as DA doesn't become welker 2.0. 

I want to not get stiffed on 3rd down against good defences in the playoffs because brady to welker on 3rd down is predictable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Welker left because he turned down 8 million a year for 2 years the previous year and the Pats had to franchise him for 9.5

Then when he held out again, the Pats signed Amendola before free agency ran out.  He played chicken with BB and lost.  Once they signed Amendola they weren't going to up their offer to WW.

I liked the guy but I don't think he was worth what he thought he was worth.  His age was against him too.

He's a slot guy that was being fed by the best QB in the league.  He landed in a good place with Manning but it wasn't his first choice.   Greed kills.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Sure, money was a factor - but BB doesn't have a "tough" reputation for no reason. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

He didn't hold out for hugs.  He held out for money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

He didn't hold out for hugs.  He held out for money.

and, there's nothing wrong with that. NFL careers are short.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

No there's nothing wrong with that.  He's just trying to re- wite history now.

He's not happy how it turned out and he's trying to blame somebody else

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Welker unfortunately is not endearing himself with Patriot fans.  If he could keep his mouth shut, similar to how he stated in the article, fans in N.E. would love him similar to when Bourque was traded to the Avalanche.

~ The Gnome

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

So the ego wanted preferential treatment? He admitted that BB got on everyone and that he wasn't singled out, but he's complaing?

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Looks like the ultimite case of douc#baggery happening on that cover

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

i see both sides.  welker is not being a baby at all.  he came to the defences of his team.  I mean who didn't get tired of the trash talk coming out of the jets locker room and so on.  good for him.  but im glad he's gone.  that is as long as DA doesn't become welker 2.0. 

I want to not get stiffed on 3rd down against good defences in the playoffs because brady to welker on 3rd down is predictable.

The Pats win first, talk second. Welker fired up the Jets and gave them the motivation needed to overcome New England in New England.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The guy choked in big games.  Time to move on.

Defense.  It is still important.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Looks like it could be the cover of the book, "The Greatest Chokers of All Time!" (At least the center stage guys.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

[QUOTE]

Looks like the ultimite case of douc#baggery happening on that cover

[/QUOTE]

10-4 good buddy...that's a whole lotta ugly nasty on that front cover....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gopats1976. Show gopats1976's posts

His best years are behind him. Moss and Welker changed the passing game for Brady. Gronk and Hernandez also changed it. Zero Super Bowl rings for all five as teammates. Need to get back to the days of Troy Brown and bunch of team first, type of WR and TE.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to gopats1976's comment:

His best years are behind him. Moss and Welker changed the passing game for Brady. Gronk and Hernandez also changed it. Zero Super Bowl rings for all five as teammates. Need to get back to the days of Troy Brown and bunch of team first, type of WR and TE.

+1

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Not surprised Wes stated the obvious. BB is tough.  So what if Wes says a few sentences about his experience with BB.  "it is what it is" right?

Wes was and still is a helluva football player. I would have liked to see him retire a Patriot.  I do think it was tough on him to go, and I don't think it was only about money.

Welker has a quick wit and a mischievous streak that I don't think BB appreciated at all. His press remarks on Rex Ryan were wickedly hilarious. BB's punishment was over the top, so yep  think Wes was stifled.  Wes is one of the good guys, and did represent the Patriots and NFL well during his time at Gillette. His dedication and comeback from his knee injury showed his character.  I have nothing but respect and appreciation for Wes.

For some reason Vrabel is the only player that could get away with numerous pranks around BB.  Obvious that the professional relationship between BB and WW went awry. It happens.

Time to move forward.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

Not surprised Wes stated the obvious. BB is tough.  So what if Wes says a few sentences about his experience with BB.  "it is what it is" right?

Wes was and still is a helluva football player. I would have liked to see him retire a Patriot.  I do think it was tough on him to go, and I don't think it was only about money.

Welker has a quick wit and a mischievous streak that I don't think BB appreciated at all. His press remarks on Rex Ryan were wickedly hilarious. BB's punishment was over the top, so yep  think Wes was stifled.  Wes is one of the good guys, and did represent the Patriots and NFL well during his time at Gillette. His dedication and comeback from his knee injury showed his character.  I have nothing but respect and appreciation for Wes.

For some reason Vrabel is the only player that could get away with numerous pranks around BB.  Obvious that the professional relationship between BB and WW went awry. It happens.

Time to move forward.

It's all business....and no "fun".  Spikes...and Talib may be the only ones who show emotion on the field....

And, besides, BB allegedly has a good sense of humor - he just doesn't show it to the media.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Okay so WW says BB was hard on him... then the next sentence is but he is like that with everyone else. If this is the case how is this even a story?

Bottom line BB is demanding and for good reason. Attention to detail is a must and it takes discipline to to be buy into preparing for everything including the minutia.

How many times did you hear guys like Bruschi, Willie Mac, Vrabel, Rodney... say that the one thing the Pat's are is that they are always prepared even for the the rare and unexpected occurences that would happen during a season.