Welker to be on NFL Network 7:00 TONIGHT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Welker to be on NFL Network 7:00 TONIGHT

I don't expect anything too insightful or incindiery.

I know (from listening to first hand reports and watching some TV spots) that Welker has a very large, very humorous personality. I'd expect to start seeing that a LOT more...right about now.

Jackie MacMullan (one of the last people in Boston sports I actually respect and trust) related a story from when Welker was traded to NE. He got some money, was enjoying the night/single life, found himself on the 'inside track' a few times...then got the old company call. "We don't do that here". And, he abided, and deserves a lot of credit for that.

My personal belief is that as soon as he knew the Pats weren't going to pay as much as someone else, he was GONE. Manning is close enough to Brady. Thomas is rounding into a Moss-type on the outside. Also, Decker who, right now, would be the Pats #1 WR. He gets to be himself more, and enjoy the spotlight a little.

Good for him. I was shocked and disappointed early, I'm honestly over it now. THe Pats survived after Brown...and Glenn...and Branch...and Moss...guess what? They'll survive after Welker too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: Welker to be on NFL Network 7:00 TONIGHT

He's basically going to give the "this was the best situation for me and my family line" and talk about the opportunity of catching passes from Peyton Manning and about next seasons Pats vs Broncos game. Nothing really to see there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

He's basically going to give the "this was the best situation for me and my family line" and talk about the opportunity of catching passes from Peyton Manning and about next seasons Pats vs Broncos game. Nothing really to see there.

You're probably right...I mean, that's what I'm used to hearing ALL Pats say...

'cept, he ain't a Pat no mo. The more i think about it, the more i wonder if this could be...not like "stick it in Bill's face" kind of comment, but more like a Ryan press/foot conference kind of thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I would hope that for just once a p[layer would say what is on his mind-

For instance how great would it be for Welker to say something like this-

Well I had a nice run at NE. I was the most productive player they have had in years- I'm just as baffled by this as anyone.Coach Belechik used to preach loyalty but I wouldn't call this deal that they offered me very'loyal".Lets see how the genuis and the pats do without me next year"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Denver gave him a news conference, it was on the NFL station, so when does Danny get his