Welker to Broncos?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Welker to Broncos?

In response to thehub's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to thehub's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Oh well, onward and upward. Build that defense to harrass Peyton and cover those weapons Denver has come January. Defense will always prevail over offense come January.

Money better spent elsewhere.

Now that we are back to talking sports and not the spending cuts we can agree on something. I just hope they spend the money elsewhere. Brady redid that deal for a reason. 

Amen. 

Ed Reed, Adrian Wilson, Talib and DRC would make me very happy. Re-sign Edelman or sign Amendola, and get Cribbs, and then focus on DT, DE, and flanker WR via the draft, and I'm satisfied.

That would be pushing to limit of the cap, but they should be able to get a lot of that done. 

Put all the money in the D and run the ball and use the two beast at TE. We will be fine  what good has scoring all those points got us in the reg season? D please. Fill in around the young guys and hope Jones and Hightower advance their play. 

And now the D players are flying off the board too and the Pats aren't rumored to have even dusted the phone off let alone pick it up

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Michael Silver â€@MikeSilver

Filing now to Yahoo! Sports: The Broncos are "almost done" with a deal that will bring Wes Welker to Denver

Tom's response on finding out..........................

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Wes Welker deal with Broncos 'very likely'

The Boston Globe's Greg A. Bedard reports free agent Wes Welker is "very likely" to sign with the Broncos.

Per Yahoo's Mike Silver, the deal is "almost done." It's either the biggest move of free agency, or one of the most daring leverage plays in recent memory. If it goes down, it would certainly flip the balance of power from the Patriots to the Broncos at the (tip) top of the AFC. For all the talk of Welker being a "system player," there's no way the Pats could replace him for 2013, even if they signed Welker's mini-me Danny Amendola. That is not to suggest the Pats would suddenly drop from the top tier of the conference they've dominated for over a decade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Yep, looks like a done deal. I'm less concerned about losing Wes and what that means to the Patriots, and more concerned about how it helps the Broncos. Peyton can't throw deep any longer, but he certainly can throw short and between the numbers.

If Welker takes less money to go to Denver, that's on him and means it was a matter of ego and hurt feelings. In that case, good riddance. If he goes for more money, I can live with that too as I know the Patriots can spend it elsewhere.

Dissapointing, no doubt, but not a damn thing I can do about it. Spend that money on the defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea, and jared cook was "very likely" to sign with the dolphins yesterday......if welker signs to a lower salary with the broncos, we'll know he really did have some discontent with the patriots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

This is classic Patriot Way. They presumably told Welker what they felt he was worth to them and they're willing to chance that he'll leave if he can get more elsewhere.  They're not going to get caught up in bidding more than the value they have assigned to him.  Remember also, it's better to let a guy leave a year early than a year late. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

don't worry ...we can resign Branch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Can't play Wes for having discontent with the Pats.

Blame him for the drops all you want, but he put it on the line each and every week. He was vastly underpaid, and not once during his contract, do I remember him threaten to hold out or anything of that nature.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

This is classic Patriot Way. They presumably told Welker what they felt he was worth to them and they're willing to chance that he'll leave if he can get more elsewhere.  They're not going to get caught up in bidding more than the value they have assigned to him.  Remember also, it's better to let a guy leave a year early than a year late. 

Well it's too bad because this move will strengthen the Broncos and weaken the Patriots.  Bad move!  Their "value" system needs fixing!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I can't believe many of you...while I respect everyones opinion, I see this as a terrible roll of the dice by the Patriots brass...the guy catches +100 passes a year, most YAC, first downs...etc...

Amendola can't carry Welker's bag - unless they go get something...like Jennings - this is a fail. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Can't play Wes for having discontent with the Pats.

Blame him for the drops all you want, but he put it on the line each and every week. He was vastly underpaid, and not once during his contract, do I remember him threaten to hold out or anything of that nature.

Yes, I think the Pats could have handled the Welker situation better than they did. What's done is done and if Welker leaves then the Pats must move forward, and they will.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:

I can't believe many of you...while I respect everyones opinion, I see this as a terrible roll of the dice by the Patriots brass...the guy catches +100 passes a year, most YAC, first downs...etc...

Amendola can't carry Welker's bag - unless they go get something...like Jennings - this is a fail. 

Yep!  But still Amendola couldn't carry Welkers bag.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If Welker leaves I will reserve judgement until I see Plan B.  But if Plan B is Branch, Doug Gabriel, "bug eyes" Caldwell, Joey Galloway and then draft Chad Jackson part deux, then I will be less than satisfied.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

don't worry ...we can resign Branch

Or try out another batch of aging WRs, hoping to get "values"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont want Wes catching 100 balls a year, thats just it. Im actually excited about the possibility of seeing something different for a  change and I have no worries that we cant get a 1st down anymore not that the mighty wes has left the building. I know its been 5 years but how did the Pats EVER win a title before HE got here??/ Welp! I guess we go back to having a dominant Defense and give more carries to the RBs. Its not the end of the world...Oh wait, it is almost, but not because of Welker....smh

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

anybody have Moss' phone number? anybody? ...........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

It doesnt matter what Welkers reason is for leaving the Pats.  Losing Welker does not make the Pats better.  Who do we currently have signed at WR?  I know, the pats will pick up Danny or Cribs or some other WR.  Well we havent picked up anyone else yet and unless we now over pay for a lesser quality WR we arent guarateed anyone will sign here. 

Also, what about our D back situation?  if Talib bounces, other than Dennard, who are our other corners?  Other than McCort, who are our safties? 

It will be an interesting off season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

TERRIBLE MOVE ON PATS part.  Getting rid of another CORE guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

From La Canfora:

"While Broncos are pushing to sign Wes Welker, was told it still could go either way regarding a return to NE. Nothing definite yet"

I will believe it when I see it.  The fact is the market is not very big for Welker (have you heard of ANY other teams interested).  This could still be a ploy to get the Pats to pony up more.  We will see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

TERRIBLE MOVE ON PATS part.  Getting rid of another CORE guy.

They didn't get rid of him. If the deal goes through, Welker chose to leave.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I dont want Wes catching 100 balls a year, thats just it. Im actually excited about the possibility of seeing something different for a  change and I have no worries that we cant get a 1st down anymore not that the mighty wes has left the building. I know its been 5 years but how did the Pats EVER win a title before HE got here??/ Welp! I guess we go back to having a dominant Defense and give more carries to the RBs. Its not the end of the world...Oh wait, it is almost, but not because of Welker....smh

The only change we will see is them trying to turn someone else into Welker.   They will run the same offense just a different person in Welkers spot.  Have we not seen in past years that this doesn't work.  LOL at them changing the offense now.  The only change I possible is a much less production offense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Honestly if Wes is so dam butthurt about how much BB "values him" he should remember that BB is the one that saw value in him when no one else did.  Who the f was Welker before he came to NE?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

When I see something I can rely on that says it's a done deal then I'll react to it.  Until then let 'em light up Twitter or whatever they light up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Remember this, Brady made Welker, Welker did not make Brady. Brady restructures for the good of the team and Welker I believe got fair market value from the Pats. time to move on

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Honestly if Wes is so dam butthurt about how much BB "values him" he should remember that BB is the one that saw value in him when no one else did.  Who the f was Welker before he came to NE?

Santa maybe?