Welker VS Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Welker VS Amendola

a lot of talk going on on who would serve the Pats better going forward. Here are the average numbers WW has put up since coming to NE. Now, i understand the difference in QBs between the 2 players but who here thinks Amendola can match them in 2013 and beyond?

Wes Welker 2007-2012 (regular season):

Games played: 93 (3 games missed over 6 seasons. 97%) - this is the only stat included where QBs don't come into play and WW kills Amendola in this category.

Receptions/yardage: 672 catches (112 receptions per year).

Yardage: 7459 Yards (1243 per year. 11.1 yards per reception)

TDs: 37 (~6 per season)

per game: 7.2 receptions per game/80.2 yards per game.

Do i think Danny Amendola can replicate or exceed these numbers? maybe. I lean towards no though. Of course, we won't know for sure until we actually see him in action with Brady.. but even if Danny Amendola matches the health rate of Wes Welker over the duration of his time with the team (unlikely) i doubt he puts up WW numbers. Amendola is a good player, but he is no Wes Welker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Re: Welker VS Amendola

PUT IT TO BED.....HE'S GONE

AMENDOLA GREAT PICK UP

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to PatsBermuda's comment:

PUT IT TO BED.....HE'S GONE

AMENDOLA GREAT PICK UP

it's good news for me and my team :p

personally, i think the pats took a step back with this move.

unfortunately, i have friends who are Broncos fans and they are already proclaiming victory for this year..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey mef429, not sure if you seen my post yesteday but wanted to make sure you got my apology to you about a comment I made at one of your posts in which I had misunderstood your meaning.

I think Amendola has the talent to be a very good player for the Patriots.  I have watched him for several years and knew he would probably be here one day, in my eyes he is as close to Welker as anyone else in the NFL.  But he is injury prone. I really hated to see them let a quality, dependable Wes Welker go who is still playing at the highest of levels instead of addressing a position that is in much more need of fixing. I think Wes has 2 very good years left in him, would have loved to see him stay and it will be a huge mistake by the Pats if Amendola gets hurt and misses a bunch of games again this season.  If he can stay healthy, he will be a very good player for the Pats in this position.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Hey mef429, not sure if you seen my post yesteday but wanted to make sure you got my apology to you about a comment I made at one of your posts in which I had misunderstood your meaning.

I think Amendola has the talent to be a very good player for the Patriots.  I have watched him for several years and knew he would probably be here one day, in my eyes he is as close to Welker as anyone else in the NFL.  But he is injury prone. I really hated to see them let a quality, dependable Wes Welker go who is still playing at the highest of levels instead of addressing a position that is in much more need of fixing. I think Wes has 2 very good years left in him, would have loved to see him stay and it will be a huge mistake by the Pats if Amendola gets hurt and misses a bunch of games again this season.  If he can stay healthy, he will be a very good player for the Pats in this position.

1+

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

yeah i saw it. thank you, much appreciated. Others see that i am a Phins fans and assime i am talking trash and incapable of being objective. I hate the yankees much much more than the Pats and if i am capable of talking about the Yankees without bias i can definitely do it whn talking about the pats..

i agree that Amendola is the closest thing to Wes Welker that the Pats could get but i don't think he is as good. Now, over the next 5 years i would want Amendola because like you mentioned, Welker only has a few years left in the NFL. Just not so sure this changing of the guard was timed well. I guess we will find out though. If he can stay healthy i think he can put up comprable numbers.. but that's been his issue since he came into the NFL..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

yeah i saw it. thank you, much appreciated. Others see that i am a Phins fans and assime i am talking trash and incapable of being objective. I hate the yankees much much more than the Pats and if i am capable of talking about the Yankees without bias i can definitely do it whn talking about the pats..

No excuses but I'm sure seeing your dolphin avatar was the reason I took your post the wrong way.  After going back and reading some of you posts I seen that I took it the wrong way.  I do like what I have read, it's always nice to see an outsiders opinion, especially from someone who has good knowledge of the Patriots, which being a dolphins fan you probably have a pretty good idea of what this team is all about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

No excuses but I'm sure seeing your dolphin avatar was the reason I took your post the wrong way.  After going back and reading some of you posts I seen that I took it the wrong way.  I do like what I have read, it's always nice to see an outsiders opinion, especially from someone who has good knowledge of the Patriots, which being a dolphins fan you probably have a pretty good idea of what this team is all about.

that and the entirety of my family are patriots fans LOL. i catch a lot of flak for it but not as much as the lone Yankee fan on the family tree.

i'm no expert on the Pats but i know enough to get around the forum and hold my own if need be. hopefully coming here i can get more insight on the team and debate my Pats friends/family more effectively. Plus it is always good to know your enemy :)