Welker's Return?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

Welker's Return?

So, Wes seems to be running stopping and cathing passes, while also making small slants and cuts.  This seems to be very encouraging and most experts are leaning towards a quicker return for the ALL-PRO slot reciever. 

What do you guys think?? Lets vote

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Welker's Return?

This is great news about him showing up for OTAs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Ready for opening day.. BB lets him build his stamina for 4~6 games before he totally unleashes him on the NFL... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think he shoud be PUP'd because it would be in the teams best interest to make sure he is fully recovered and we would benefit by giving rookies such as tate, endelman, and price playing time so that by the playoffs/2nd half of the season they are experienced and have a large amount of playing time under their belts.  having welker out would also halp brady build chemistry with hernandez, gronkowski, etc. as a safety blanket in place of welker which would greatly help our depth and take us back to the sharing of the ball as shown in the SB years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I picked inactive for a couple games. Then read Nate's answer. While I like the thought process you are using I think you can have Welker active and just reduce his playing time. If he is healthy he is one of the best and we are a better team. So I think you have to have him on the roster and maybe play him at 50% snaps instead of 85% like they have in the past. This would open up more than enough playing time for the rooks and get them comfortable with Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree Maritime. Make him active, but reduce his snaps. I personally would like to see his snaps reduced even if he is 100%. It insures we keep Wes fresh, while making our offense less predictable. We have more potential weapons now than ever, lets use them and mix it up a bit. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I chose inactive 1-2 games allowing for a safety net,rushing him back could cause further delays in his rehabilitation. I'm a rah rah type guy but I do err on the side of reasonable caution. They have a plethora of young receivers by allowing them the time earlier in the season you raise their hopes of more playing time down the road. Youth does indeed have to be served. Also a healthy Wes Welker come the end of the season might have a more positive result in any potential playoff scenario.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DJBosox. Show DJBosox's posts

I`d say PUP until they`re sure that he`s 100%. The chances are much greater of reinjury if not fully healed. Plus even at reduced playing time,it still only takes 1 play to get hurt again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

PUP him. 

The offense won't get better unless Brady can learn to trust his new WRs and TEs. If Welker is back playing in game one the Pats will go back to the Moss up top, Welker under offense. With Welker in the line-up the TEs have to stay in and block to leave more room for Welker to work and on third downs Brady will force the ball to Welker. I seriously doubt Welker can take the same kind of pounding he took last year this year. 

Besides, the Pats will only face the Jets and Ravens defense that would give them trouble. We need Welker at 100% for the other ten games (Packers, Steelers, Colts, Vikings, Chargers.) I think Hernandez and Edelman can both handle the slot position with Welker out, and I don't wan't Gronkowski to turn into another Watson TE--A TE with great potential that never made a mark on the offense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Welker's Return?:
    PUP him.  The offense won't get better unless Brady can learn to trust his new WRs and TEs. If Welker is back playing in game one the Pats will go back to the Moss up top, Welker under offense. With Welker in the line-up the TEs have to stay in and block to leave more room for Welker to work and on third downs Brady will force the ball to Welker. I seriously doubt Welker can take the same kind of pounding he took last year this year.  Besides, the Pats will only face the Jets and Ravens defense that would give them trouble. We need Welker at 100% for the other ten games (Packers, Steelers, Colts, Vikings, Chargers.) I think Hernandez and Edelman can both handle the slot position with Welker out, and I don't wan't Gronkowski to turn into another Watson TE--A TE with great potential that never made a mark on the offense. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

couldn't agree more, although I love watching Welker play. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

BB will wait to see how WR & TE prospects all shake out. Tate, Price, Farnham, Gronk and Hernandez are all untested and Crumpler is new to the system. BB has the option to hold Welker back a week or 2 to see what the new talent can produce before deciding on a final cut and re-inserting Welker.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

A bit off topic, but I would expect Welker to recover faster than most NFL players.  He's somewhat small and light which means his knee doesn't take the day to day beatings that a 250lb player does.  When you look at these huge 300lb lineman type guys they all have knee problems late in life because of how much abuse their bodies endure under their own weight.  I think Welker can recover and his cutting be back within a few months.