Well, It's Denver (Game Plan Talk)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Well, It's Denver (Game Plan Talk)

First off, their whole run game is predicated off those draws which they piled up over 200 on us lst time. but now, we have a stuffing Siliga and Collins and Hightower have come along very well.

so i say, defensively same strategy. show Peyton the two deep safeties, let him check into a run and instead of giving up 7 a carry we will only give up 3 or 4.

Talib on Demaryious. Dennard on Decker. Ryan on Welker. Arrington on Caldwell. Collins & Harmon bracketing J. Thomas.

Pass rush this game is going to be huge.

Denver's run D scared me today. but that's cuz Rivers couldn't throw a ball more than five yards on a check down to Woody.

Brady can rip apart their secondary if we give him TIME. Denver's rush looks surpsingly good tonight, which is a bad sign. Protect Brady and Edelman and Amendola will run all over these kids.

We need Dobson to play.

We need to come out with the mentality of run first and often. If its not successful at first keep at it until the gaps open up and Blount or Rid start ripping off big ones.

Pressure Manning, run effectively, get off the field on 3rd down. Sounds simple, but very hard. gotta do those things

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

^ my thoughts from my thread there.

agree with all six of your points Russ..

stopping the run but baiting it will be key, as will us being an effective team again to open PA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of my favorite movies of all time is LA Confidential. Just a gem of a movie. If no one has seen it, run out and buy it and you can thank me later.

Anyway, there is a classic shootout scene at the end, when Russell Crowe's character, Bud White, turns to his colleague, Exley, and says:

"This is as good as any place for it to end, isn't it?"

Yep. Sure is.

The arrogance and self righteousness of Elway, Bowlen, Manning, etc, and to have a shot as the underdog to finally see Brady exercise the demons for his AFC title game showings, on the road for the first time since 2004. What more do you want?

I can think of no better situation. The Pats have been cast off all year and we know about the injuries.   But, they have guts, character, camaraderie and are not entitled like Denver.

I love being in this position because I could not take another Brady disappointment at home.   At least, if they lose, they will go down swinging and Brady may get that fire lit a bit to string 2 good or great postseason games together for once.

I mean, if you want a breaking point, this is it. It's what I wanted.

Anyway, the strategies....

On offense:

1. RUn the ball and run it some more until Denver's crappy LBs and Safeties start biting in the box and then you can get your playaction just like the last 3 games we've seen.  

2. Get everyone involved, especially Develin, Hooman/Mulligan on designed check downs, as well as specific plays targeting the perimeter to Thompkins, Edelman and hopefully, Dobson. This will expose Denver's mid field coverage worse, later on once playaction is ready. hopefully by the 2nd qtr or halftime.

3. Do not panic.  Even if you get behind, stick to the running and strategic use of Vereen.

On defense...

The big secret with Denver is to not be so scared of their passing attack, if you have the horses to compete.

Moreno is not great, but he's certainly good enough and he gets advantages with how their offense sells a pass.

Then, they just run draws.

This is why we match up well. In man and zone, we can handle their passing.  The front 7, mainly 5 players (Nink, Siliga, C.Jones and Chandler with Flecther) will need to take out Moreno/Ball with the run.

That's your ballgame right there.  

Do what you normally do vs Gomie:

1. MIx man and zones, don't show it until the snap.

2. Contain/stop the run. This is vital and an underrated element in this game. Last  game, BB baited Gomer, but I bet they try to make it a priority to take pressure off Gomie.

3. Get a turnover or more than 1.

This is NOT a good match up for Denver, regardless of what the media will try to sell you.

[/QUOTE]

And against BS calls which I'm sure the Broncos are going to get a majority of?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Offense: Establish run early, and tear them apart with play action. Brady has owned the Denver defense the past several meetings. O-Line will have to play well, but that's pretty much true for every game.

Defense: Mix it up. Belichick will scheme them to death, but we also have a solid core of personnel to matchup against their weapons.

Special teams: Hope Ryan Allen is OK, because we'll need to win the field position battle.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Pats, IMHO, are even better than in that first game against Denver. 

The running game has gotten to a pure smash mouth attack Denver may not have seen at anytime this season.  Add to that the fact the QB at the helm of a "running" offense is none other than Tom Brady who can sling it with Manning.

The defense has some folks that have really stepped up, again, IMHO, they have improved since the first game against Denver.

To see the Patriots, led by Brady and BB get to their SIXTH SB in 13 seasons at the expense of the media darling Manning and the Broncos will be pure heaven.  Most of the talk I expect to see this week is the lack of trust the media will have in the Patriots defense to stop Manning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]

One of my favorite movies of all time is LA Confidential. Just a gem of a movie. If no one has seen it, run out and buy it and you can thank me later.

Anyway, there is a classic shootout scene at the end, when Russell Crowe's character, Bud White, turns to his colleague, Exley, and says:

"This is as good as any place for it to end, isn't it?"

Yep. Sure is.

The arrogance and self righteousness of Elway, Bowlen, Manning, etc, and to have a shot as the underdog to finally see Brady exercise the demons for his AFC title game showings, on the road for the first time since 2004. What more do you want?

I can think of no better situation. The Pats have been cast off all year and we know about the injuries.   But, they have guts, character, camaraderie and are not entitled like Denver.

I love being in this position because I could not take another Brady disappointment at home.   At least, if they lose, they will go down swinging and Brady may get that fire lit a bit to string 2 good or great postseason games together for once.

I mean, if you want a breaking point, this is it. It's what I wanted.

Anyway, the strategies....

On offense:

1. RUn the ball and run it some more until Denver's crappy LBs and Safeties start biting in the box and then you can get your playaction just like the last 3 games we've seen.  

2. Get everyone involved, especially Develin, Hooman/Mulligan on designed check downs, as well as specific plays targeting the perimeter to Thompkins, Edelman and hopefully, Dobson. This will expose Denver's mid field coverage worse, later on once playaction is ready. hopefully by the 2nd qtr or halftime.

3. Do not panic.  Even if you get behind, stick to the running and strategic use of Vereen.

On defense...

The big secret with Denver is to not be so scared of their passing attack, if you have the horses to compete.

Moreno is not great, but he's certainly good enough and he gets advantages with how their offense sells a pass.

Then, they just run draws.

This is why we match up well. In man and zone, we can handle their passing.  The front 7, mainly 5 players (Nink, Siliga, C.Jones and Chandler with Flecther) will need to take out Moreno/Ball with the run.

That's your ballgame right there.  

Do what you normally do vs Gomie:

1. MIx man and zones, don't show it until the snap.

2. Contain/stop the run. This is vital and an underrated element in this game. Last  game, BB baited Gomer, but I bet they try to make it a priority to take pressure off Gomie.

3. Get a turnover or more than 1.

This is NOT a good match up for Denver, regardless of what the media will try to sell you.

[/QUOTE]

In spite of your constant insistence on 'pound the rock', I submit to you that Denver's run defense is better than their pass defense and that the PATS will opt to use the passing game to set up the run as opposed to your eagernees to establish the run to later effectively use 'play action'.  But I guess we will just have to wait until next week to see what BB comes up with as a game strategy to achieve a W and an ensuing SB appearance.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

If Collins can civer Julius, we're in good shape.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyone coming out to Denver?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^ my thoughts from my thread there.

agree with all six of your points Russ..

stopping the run but baiting it will be key, as will us being an effective team again to open PA

[/QUOTE]

Agree to all above

There has been quite the discussion here on run vs pass

But BB made this decision after TDay.. we have heard it from BB - in his own way, we have heard it from TB, we have heard how Blount and others have said how physical they are in practice. and now the medusa knows it.

This gives our Oline a chance to be be physical and offensive instead of taking all the hits. this is a Mankins type game, and It helps Wendell  a lot too

We have the defenders to match up with their recvers. I am not sure the donkeys have the talent level 

I have been consistent with this team , staying with the run more. with the type of recvers we have, the type of runners we have and the fact Dobbie and kT have been injured , it was the best chance to win it all. I admit I didn't know how the D was going to hold up! but Collins, the DBS, and Siliga have been better than I could imagine

I don't mind trying no huddle and shotgun , to change up, Somerimes the other D invites it. but this is going to take smash mouth football, and these Pats are on that page

btw  Collins is the real deal, we have heard that he is by far and away the the best athelete if not on the team, but of the Lbs

Cannot wait til next week

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

McD called a great game last game, do it again.

Hope Dobson is healthy enough to go, we'll need him to keep those safeties honest.

On defense, man them up and beat them up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

First off, their whole run game is predicated off those draws which they piled up over 200 on us lst time. but now, we have a stuffing Siliga and Collins and Hightower have come along very well.

so i say, defensively same strategy. show Peyton the two deep safeties, let him check into a run and instead of giving up 7 a carry we will only give up 3 or 4.

Talib on Demaryious. Dennard on Decker. Ryan on Welker. Arrington on Caldwell. Collins & Harmon bracketing J. Thomas.

Pass rush this game is going to be huge.

Denver's run D scared me today. but that's cuz Rivers couldn't throw a ball more than five yards on a check down to Woody.

Brady can rip apart their secondary if we give him TIME. Denver's rush looks surpsingly good tonight, which is a bad sign. Protect Brady and Edelman and Amendola will run all over these kids.

We need Dobson to play.

We need to come out with the mentality of run first and often. If its not successful at first keep at it until the gaps open up and Blount or Rid start ripping off big ones.

Pressure Manning, run effectively, get off the field on 3rd down. Sounds simple, but very hard. gotta do those things

[/QUOTE]

On Denver's run D...Obviously they're better than the Colts run D but when you have Woodhead as your feature back you're not going to have a punishing run game. We all love Woody but he is not Blount.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Chargers didn't man up at all, couldn't reach Peyton and suffered.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Patriots may be better than they were last time these two teams met (maybe. we did lose Gronk), but so are the Broncos on offense. They didn't have Julius Thomas last time. Still, I'm comfortable with Talib on Demaryius, Dennard on Decker, Arrington/Ryan on Welker, and Jamie Collins on Julius Thomas. No doubt there will be some battles in those matchups next week.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Let's go Patriots. WE CAN WIN this. What better place to end espn's love fest with manning and Denver then at there stadium. GO PATS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patriots may be better than they were last time these two teams met (maybe. we did lose Gronk), but so are the Broncos on offense. They didn't have Welker and Julius Thomas last time. Still, I'm comfortable with Talib on Demaryius, Dennard on Decker, Arrington/Ryan on Welker, and Jamie Collins on Julius Thomas. No doubt there will be some battles in those matchups next week.

[/QUOTE]

Welker did played. He gave th Pats the win ...Remember OT?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Simplied gameplan for me:

1) establish the run and don't abandon it

2) put PM on his azz early and often

3) stop the denver run

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patriots may be better than they were last time these two teams met (maybe. we did lose Gronk), but so are the Broncos on offense. They didn't have Welker and Julius Thomas last time. Still, I'm comfortable with Talib on Demaryius, Dennard on Decker, Arrington/Ryan on Welker, and Jamie Collins on Julius Thomas. No doubt there will be some battles in those matchups next week.

[/QUOTE]

Welker did played. He gave th Pats the win ...Remember OT?  

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right. My mistake. Edited.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Simplied gameplan for me:

1) establish the run and don't abandon it

2) put PM on his azz early and often

3) stop the denver run

[/QUOTE]

LOL

JOe still tweaking his gameplan.