Werder: Sanders to Stay In Pitt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Werder: Sanders to Stay In Pitt

this conversation goes both ways. do he Pats give up a 3rd for a 3rd or 4th WR for 1 year? Is there a guarantee he clicks wit Brady? Picks up the Pats offense? Resigns after the 1 year?

If Jones is healthy, is Sanders better than Jones?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I also wonder if this signals anything regarding a possible Mallett trade. It's just hard to believe BB would go into a draft with so few picks. 

I was thinking the same thing. I have a tough time seeing BB feeling ok with a 1st, 2nd, and 2 7ths. Assuming we get Sanders, you would think this indicates either a Mallet trade or a trade back from our 1st round pick.

The Pats don't really need a lot of mid-round draft picks.   How many draft picks are realistically going to make this team?  Not many IMO.   Anything past the 2nd round is a player that might make the practice squad or be gone a year or two later.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

This is sort of a win win for the Patriots. Personally I hope they snag Sanders........because the 3rd round talent pool is not great.......I think Sanders is better than any WR available in the 3-4th rounds. But if they don't get him, then they have the pick which I hope they roll/trade into a pick for next year. Next year is when having alot of picks for the Patriots will be adventageous. It will be a much stronger draft class, and the Patriots are going to have some holes to fill, because no doubt in my mind Talib and a few others are gone after this year due to contract demands, or current cap hit,age(Kelly) or past draft picks(Bequette,Dowling etc)being busts. I honestly would just keep the top 2 picks for the best available athletes regardless of position(BUt hope that equates to a WR and CB or DE/DT), and roll the 3rd and both 7th round picks into next years draft where we will be loaded with picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I also wonder if this signals anything regarding a possible Mallett trade. It's just hard to believe BB would go into a draft with so few picks. 

I was thinking the same thing. I have a tough time seeing BB feeling ok with a 1st, 2nd, and 2 7ths. Assuming we get Sanders, you would think this indicates either a Mallet trade or a trade back from our 1st round pick.

The Pats don't really need a lot of mid-round draft picks.   How many draft picks are realistically going to make this team?  Not many IMO.   Anything past the 2nd round is a player that mightmake the practice squad or be gone a year or two later.

respectfully disagree, pitt in years past has had many of their very god wrs in rd 3. in this years round 3, several wrs will be available that may be very good. da rick rogers for one, dobson, bailey and on...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

rather have 2 big wrs from  rd 2 and 3 and pass rusher in rd 1

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Here is how BADLY Colbert and the Rooneys have managed the Steelers off the lockout:

They knew they were walking from Mike Wallace LAST YEAR, if not the year before (2011) when he rejected their offers for an extension.

In that process, they could also not extend Sanders to cover themselves. Why? CAP SPACE and a flat cap off the lockout.

Can we just cut to the chase here, all you BB bashers, and just come forward and realize how bad that is?

All I've seen here for 3 years is "MIke Wallace is  a deep threat! He's great!"  What good is drafting an overrated, but good one trick pony, if you really only rented him for 4 seasons?

NEWSFLASH: Pitt is officially rebuilding on the fly. But, shh, don't tell their fans that.

NEWSFLASH: does anybody take this crap u post seriously anymore?

we get it, every other team have fools for gms who don't understand the salary cap, everyone they draft is overrated, they were caught totally by surprise by the lockout, they overpay every free agent, have no idea how to build a football team and basically are amateurs at what they do

conversely bill bellichick is the ultimate genius, gets the best of every deal, manipulates the market and other gms like they are children, never drafted a bust, literally steals other teams blind without them knowing it, is the greatest coach, gm, waterboy, usher, etc...who ever lived and has never learned from anyone ever-he was just born this great

and we all know that the giants, steelers and ravens are in cap hell, rebuilding, "trending" down (my personal favorite) and have idiots for owners and gms and will all be lucky to win 3 games for the next 20 years

did i miss anything?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Here is how BADLY Colbert and the Rooneys have managed the Steelers off the lockout:

They knew they were walking from Mike Wallace LAST YEAR, if not the year before (2011) when he rejected their offers for an extension.

In that process, they could also not extend Sanders to cover themselves. Why? CAP SPACE and a flat cap off the lockout.

Can we just cut to the chase here, all you BB bashers, and just come forward and realize how bad that is?

All I've seen here for 3 years is "MIke Wallace is  a deep threat! He's great!"  What good is drafting an overrated, but good one trick pony, if you really only rented him for 4 seasons?

NEWSFLASH: Pitt is officially rebuilding on the fly. But, shh, don't tell their fans that.

we get it, every other team have fools for gms who don't understand the salary cap, everyone they draft is overrated, they were caught totally by surprise by the lockout, they overpay every free agent, have no idea how to build a football team and basically are amateurs at what they do

conversely bill bellichick is the ultimate genius, gets the best of every deal, manipulates the market and other gms like they are children, never drafted a bust, literally steals other teams blind without them knowing it, is the greatest coach, gm, waterboy, usher, etc...who ever lived and has never learned from anyone ever-he was just born this great

and we all know that the giants, steelers and ravens are in cap hell, rebuilding, "trending" down (my personal favorite) and have idiots for owners and gms and will all be lucky to win 3 games for the next 20 years

did i miss anything?

Yes, you missed one. Rusty told BB Sanders would be available 3 years ago and BB should tender him. Warnings were out 3 years ago on this one

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

did i miss anything?

That about sums it up, although you forgot a key point.

1. Brady is the reason why we haven't won a SB since the early 2000's

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It would have been much better for them to do what the Pats did and draft Brandon Tate. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Antonio Brown says Steelers have a problem with the way Emmanuel Sanders conducts himself

So I have no idea what the below quote means, but it doesn't sound great.

The one Pittsburgh Steelers receiver that doesn't seem to be leaving town, Antonio Brown, was on Sirius XM NFL Radio earlier this afternoon and had some interesting things to say about Emmanuel Sanders.

Transcript courtesy SteelersDepot.com

"I don't think that they (the Steelers) really like guys that don't do things their way," said Brown. "There's a certain professional way that they go about their business and I don't think that they make decisions with guys that don't go about things in the way that they should. So in my opinion, I don't think he'll come back. It's just not smart to get a guy for one year at a price that you can get a guy for four years."

Brown admitted that he didn't expect Brown back next year, but what did he mean by that whole "do things their way" thing?

The Patriots have 0 coaching connections on the Steelers, so they don't have anyone on their staff at least that can vouch for Sanders. The move is likely 100% based on how they feel he performs on the field. This stuff that Brown is talking about sounds like it could be the same stuff that ex-Patriots are made out of.

Still, that's a pretty ambiguous statement, and as Steelers Depot points out, the first part of the interview was inaudible so any clues we had as to what he meant was lost. My interpretation would be that it is Brown criticizing his work ethic, but again, who knows?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Prediction Here is that Pitt will take the Pats 3rd round pick - pass on Sanders.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.