Werder: Sanders to Stay In Pitt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Werder: Sanders to Stay In Pitt

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Just want to remind eveyone we should Draft Rogers, in case you haven't seen it, in last 10 minutes.

Brady doesn't like tall WRs.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

All I've seen here for 3 years is "MIke Wallace is  a deep threat! He's great!"  What good is drafting an overrated, but good one trick pony, if you really only rented him for 4 seasons?

It would have been much better for them to do what the Pats did and draft Brandon Tate. 

Better than Limas Sweed, Prolate. Did Sweed even play in a game?  lol

Nice troll work, though, Prolate.  I think you forgot one of your meds.

C'mon Rusty.  Your argument was silly.  There's nothing wrong with drafting a good player, and no reason at all to critcize the steeler's wallace pick just because they didn't re-sign him four years later.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Trader Bill's strengths are that he has reinvented the game of football a bit so that he knows the value of certain player attributes (and other teams don't), and he knows the relative values of draft picks (where other teams trade them away like fools).  The Patriots also have a riverboat gambler mentality in drafting, which means sometimes they hit big with a Gronk or a Hernandez but sometimes they waste picks.  My advice to the Patriots front office is to stick with the gambler mentality.  There are teams such as Pittsburgh and San Francisco that always get a good (if not great) player with a draft pick, and that's another useful drafting strategy.

Sanders isn't a 4.3 40 guy, but BB really avoids that type of receiver.  4.3 players belong in Oakland.  Sanders is an explosive 3-cone guy and that's one of the receiver prototypes that BB loves.  The second prototype receiver is Gronk -- run-blocks like a tackle, can push puny defensive backs 5 yards off the ball with a hip check, presents Brady with a target the size of a barn and he can occasionally run down the seam.  Randy Moss was tall and outplayed cornerbacks, so that Brady could just heave the ball downfield and Moss would prevent the interception.

We'll see if Pitt comes up with the extra cash.  If so, the Patriots front office spent perhaps one day of offseason sitting around and making a potential rival a bit weaker.  If not, BB is pretty much monopolizing the 3-cone field with Danny Amendola, Edelman and Sanders.  If he puts all three on the field at the same time against certain NFL teams with a particular 3-cone coverage weakness, Tom Brady is going to average 1.5 seconds per pass all day because every receiver will be open all day.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

All I've seen here for 3 years is "MIke Wallace is  a deep threat! He's great!"  What good is drafting an overrated, but good one trick pony, if you really only rented him for 4 seasons?

It would have been much better for them to do what the Pats did and draft Brandon Tate. 

C'mon Rusty.  Your argument was silly.  There's nothing wrong with drafting a good player, and no reason at all to critcize the steeler's wallace pick just because they didn't re-sign him four years later.  

Well, when BB walks from a good player who starts and is pretty good, but overrated (Meriweather and his two reserve Pro Bowl nods in 2009 and 2010), not getting a second deal, he's referrred to as a failure here.  Is the player a bust or failure or did the ceiling just not be fully realized due to expectation? I'd say it's the latter.

Why isn't the same considered for when another AFC team's player does the same thing? That's my question. The disappointment is the expectation based on flashes from that player.  You can't tell me Wallace is an all around All Pro WR. He's not and never will be.

Mike Wallace in no way on earth is worth 13 million per year. I realize each of those players left under different cirumstances, but the idea is to hit on the player and if you like the player, to keep the player long term.

Otherwise, you just switching out players. Merieweather was cut loose due to ego and the inabiity to be coached up and the same thing for Wallace. Miami is just really dumb to have had fallen for it.

Wallace may be overpaid at $13 million (and the Steelers were probably wise to let him walk if that was what he was going to get), but so far he seems like a better player than Merriweather has turned out to be.  Plus Wallace was a third round pick, while Merriweather was the 24th pick in the first round.  Big difference there.  Really, the Steelers got very good value in a third round pick with Wallace.  The Pats got pretty bad value from a first round pick in Merriweather.  I think that's the difference.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

did i miss anything?

Yes.  You apparently missed the Giants fan forum.  This isn't it.  That is what makes you a useless trolling enema bag.  Sorry, enema bags actually have a use.  So you must be a useless broken enema bag.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Well, when BB walks from a good player who starts and is pretty good, but overrated (Meriweather and his two reserve Pro Bowl nods in 2009 and 2010), not getting a second deal, he's referrred to as a failure here.  Is the player a bust or failure or did the ceiling just not be fully realized due to expectation? I'd say it's the latter.

Why isn't the same considered for when another AFC team's player does the same thing? That's my question. The disappointment is the expectation based on flashes from that player.  You can't tell me Wallace is an all around All Pro WR. He's not and never will be.

Mike Wallace in no way on earth is worth 13 million per year. I realize each of those players left under different cirumstances, but the idea is to hit on the player and if you like the player, to keep the player long term.

Otherwise, you just switching out players. Merieweather was cut loose due to ego and the inabiity to be coached up and the same thing for Wallace. Miami is just really dumb to have had fallen for it.

Wallace may be overpaid at $13 million (and the Steelers were probably wise to let him walk if that was what he was going to get), but so far he seems like a better player than Merriweather has turned out to be.  Plus Wallace was a third round pick, while Merriweather was the 24th pick in the first round.  Big difference there.  Really, the Steelers got very good value in a third round pick with Wallace.  The Pats got pretty bad value from a first round pick in Merriweather.  I think that's the difference.  

Agree about where they were chosen.  Regardless, neither got to the 2nd contract.

True, but Wallace was a highly sought-after FA when his first contract expired while Merriweather was cut before his first contract was up.  Again, big difference. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Here is how BADLY Colbert and the Rooneys have managed the Steelers off the lockout:

They knew they were walking from Mike Wallace LAST YEAR, if not the year before (2011) when he rejected their offers for an extension.

In that process, they could also not extend Sanders to cover themselves. Why? CAP SPACE and a flat cap off the lockout.

Can we just cut to the chase here, all you BB bashers, and just come forward and realize how bad that is?

NEWSFLASH: Pitt is officially rebuilding on the fly. But, shh, don't tell their fans that.

NEWSFLASH: does anybody take this crap u post seriously anymore?

we get it, every other team have fools for gms who don't understand the salary cap, everyone they draft is overrated, they were caught totally by surprise by the lockout, they overpay every free agent, have no idea how to build a football team and basically are amateurs at what they do

conversely bill bellichick is the ultimate genius, gets the best of every deal, manipulates the market and other gms like they are children, never drafted a bust, literally steals other teams blind without them knowing it, is the greatest coach, gm, waterboy, usher, etc...who ever lived and has never learned from anyone ever-he was just born this great

and we all know that the giants, steelers and ravens are in cap hell, rebuilding, "trending" down (my personal favorite) and have idiots for owners and gms and will all be lucky to win 3 games for the next 20 years

did i miss anything?

Yeah, your exaggeration and jealousy is delicious.   Shows how much the truth bothers you as you try to run around here getting a pat on your head from Pats fans.  You're one of the biggest dorks I've seen post on a sports board in my life.

You troll for attention because you don't have a social life of any kind.  Wow.

yes you have me figured out!

oh boy....Undecided

not only is it not an exaggeration-it is basically a compilation of "Rusty's Greatest Hits"-but i still don't quite get this "jealousy" nonsense you keep peddling...exactly what would I be jealous of?

The Pats? Nope

Pats Fans? Nope

You? oh my God No

btw maybe "Rusty Comes Alive" would be a better title....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Antonio Brown says Steelers have a problem with the way Emmanuel Sanders conducts himself

So I have no idea what the below quote means, but it doesn't sound great.

The one Pittsburgh Steelers receiver that doesn't seem to be leaving town, Antonio Brown, was on Sirius XM NFL Radio earlier this afternoon and had some interesting things to say about Emmanuel Sanders.

Transcript courtesy SteelersDepot.com

"I don't think that they (the Steelers) really like guys that don't do things their way," said Brown. "There's a certain professional way that they go about their business and I don't think that they make decisions with guys that don't go about things in the way that they should. So in my opinion, I don't think he'll come back. It's just not smart to get a guy for one year at a price that you can get a guy for four years."

Brown admitted that he didn't expect Brown back next year, but what did he mean by that whole "do things their way" thing?

The Patriots have 0 coaching connections on the Steelers, so they don't have anyone on their staff at least that can vouch for Sanders. The move is likely 100% based on how they feel he performs on the field. This stuff that Brown is talking about sounds like it could be the same stuff that ex-Patriots are made out of.

Still, that's a pretty ambiguous statement, and as Steelers Depot points out, the first part of the interview was inaudible so any clues we had as to what he meant was lost. My interpretation would be that it is Brown criticizing his work ethic, but again, who knows?

I talked to a buddy of mine who is at the frozen four in Pitt and he says the majority of the Steeler fans want him gone. He said the main theme was that he was a "selfish" player.

And what is his opinion on Mike Wallace?  lol  He invented selfish. It sure smells like his opinion is wrought with "I think Sanders is gone, so I am going to trash him on the way out the door".

All of a sudden Emmanuel Sanders is "selfish"? lol

What is his opinion of how Colbert has completely botched the handling of the cap there in Pitt?  Their WR corps will be garbage next year if Sanders leaves.  Not saying Sanders is a star, but the whole reason the Steelers front office is "50/50" on this is because they lost Wallace and their cap posiiton is so awful, they're looking at another lost season and it not looking much better in 2014.

It could be 3 straight seasons without a playoff appearance for the Steelers by the end of 2014.

What is your major malfunction... I was just relaying the mood of some of the Steeler fans. I actually think it is a good move if he is able to pick up the Pat's offense... well worth the 3rd rnd pick.

Nothing. I was laughing at them, not you.  It's pretty weak for them to say Sanders is "selfish", yet Mike Wallace just held the entire team's feet to the fire holding out and all that, then leaving for a bloated 13 mil per in low tax Florida.

They just rented a true, selfish primadonna who could care less about winning a SB.

translation: any player the Pats want is to be viewed only positively and any and all criticisms/negatives of that player on or off the field shall be blunted, disparaged, ignored, mocked and twisted around

if the Pats are getting rid of said player the converse is true (see Welker, Wes among others)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

did i miss anything?

Yes.  You apparently missed the Giants fan forum.  This isn't it.  That is what makes you a useless trolling enema bag.  Sorry, enema bags actually have a use.  So you must be a useless broken enema bag.  

hi dave! how u been? hope ur having a great day-see you again in a month when u post again

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

About as seriously as they take the drivel you post.

did i miss anything?

Yes, you are still most inane/useless poster on this board... ergo you are the biggest troll in this forum.

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

did i miss anything?

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Just want to remind eveyone we should Draft Rogers, in case you haven't seen it, in last 10 minutes.

Brady doesn't like tall WRs.

Just tall women

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Here is how BADLY Colbert and the Rooneys have managed the Steelers off the lockout:

They knew they were walking from Mike Wallace LAST YEAR, if not the year before (2011) when he rejected their offers for an extension.

In that process, they could also not extend Sanders to cover themselves. Why? CAP SPACE and a flat cap off the lockout.

Can we just cut to the chase here, all you BB bashers, and just come forward and realize how bad that is?

NEWSFLASH: Pitt is officially rebuilding on the fly. But, shh, don't tell their fans that.

we get it, every other team have fools for gms who don't understand the salary cap, everyone they draft is overrated, they were caught totally by surprise by the lockout, they overpay every free agent, have no idea how to build a football team and basically are amateurs at what they do

conversely bill bellichick is the ultimate genius, gets the best of every deal, manipulates the market and other gms like they are children, never drafted a bust, literally steals other teams blind without them knowing it, is the greatest coach, gm, waterboy, usher, etc...who ever lived and has never learned from anyone ever-he was just born this great

and we all know that the giants, steelers and ravens are in cap hell, rebuilding, "trending" down (my personal favorite) and have idiots for owners and gms and will all be lucky to win 3 games for the next 20 years

did i miss anything?

Yeah, your exaggeration and jealousy is delicious.   Shows how much the truth bothers you as you try to run around here getting a pat on your head from Pats fans.  You're one of the biggest dorks I've seen post on a sports board in my life.

oh boy....Undecided

not only is it not an exaggeration-it is basically a compilation of "Rusty's Greatest Hits"-but i still don't quite get this "jealousy" nonsense you keep peddling...exactly what would I be jealous of?

The Pats? Nope

Pats Fans? Nope

You? oh my God No

Says the Giants fan who:

1. Averages about 18 posts per day on a Patriots board.

2. Has his account banned and comes back with one named "42AND46"...and claims he is not a troll/here just to remind us about 2 lost Super Bowls.

While I agree and disagree with some of the stuff Rusty says, I am certain that he is a Patriots fan and I feel that he brings a different perspective to this board. On the other hand, you add nothing of value here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Trader Bill's strengths are that he has reinvented the game of football a bit so that he knows the value of certain player attributes (and other teams don't), and he knows the relative values of draft picks (where other teams trade them away like fools).  The Patriots also have a riverboat gambler mentality in drafting, which means sometimes they hit big with a Gronk or a Hernandez but sometimes they waste picks.  My advice to the Patriots front office is to stick with the gambler mentality.  There are teams such as Pittsburgh and San Francisco that always get a good (if not great) player with a draft pick, and that's another useful drafting strategy.

RESPONSE: Why stick with the riverboat gambler strategy Paul, when there's been so, so many misses? The 49ers and Pittsburgh got good because they built up their defenses into premiere units. They did this with a combination of good drafting, and some good free agent signings. The Patriots did the right thing last year in addressing their defense. They need to do more of the same this year.    

Sanders isn't a 4.3 40 guy, but BB really avoids that type of receiver.

RESPONSE: Paul...Sanders has 4.4 speed. But, in Pittsburgh, with Mike Wallace there, he was used as their slot receiver. He may be versatile enough to be used on the outside. As an added bonus, he's also an excellent blocking WR. Perhaps he could blossom into the second coming of Hines Ward, or be a Deion Branch type? With the Pats in need of help at WR, he's well worth the 91st overall pick...should the Steelers decide not to match the Pats' offer by tomorrow. 

4.3 players belong in Oakland.  Sanders is an explosive 3-cone guy and that's one of the receiver prototypes that BB loves.  The second prototype receiver is Gronk -- run-blocks like a tackle, can push puny defensive backs 5 yards off the ball with a hip check, presents Brady with a target the size of a barn and he can occasionally run down the seam.  Randy Moss was tall and outplayed cornerbacks, so that Brady could just heave the ball downfield and Moss would prevent the interception.

RESPONSE: True...the Hayward-Beys of the world need not apply in New England. But, talented WRs blessed with great speed are always welcome. The speedy Randy Moss had one unbelievable year, and two other very good years in New England, from 2007-09...until age caught up with him. 

We'll see if Pitt comes up with the extra cash.  If so, the Patriots front office spent perhaps one day of offseason sitting around and making a potential rival a bit weaker.  If not, BB is pretty much monopolizing the 3-cone field with Danny Amendola, Edelman and Sanders.  If he puts all three on the field at the same time against certain NFL teams with a particular 3-cone coverage weakness, Tom Brady is going to average 1.5 seconds per pass all day because every receiver will be open all day.

RESPONSE: Let's hope so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: Add Wallace to the Pats from 2009-12, and defenses would have had to play the Pats quite differently. As you have correctly pointed out, Wallace was a 3rd rounder. The proper comparison is Wallace to Brandon Tate. In 2007, the Patriots took Meriweather at #24, and the Steelers took OLB Lamarr Woodley, midway in round two. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

did i miss anything?

oh boy....Undecided

The Pats? Nope

Pats Fans? Nope

You? oh my God No

Says the Giants fan who:

1. Averages about 18 posts per day on a Patriots board.

2. Has his account banned and comes back with one named "42AND46"...and claims he is not a troll/here just to remind us about 2 lost Super Bowls.

While I agree and disagree with some of the stuff Rusty says, I am certain that he is a Patriots fan and I feel that he brings a different perspective to this board. On the other hand, you add nothing of value here.

he brings a different perspective all right...