We're going to the playoffs next year - Geno Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

We're going to the playoffs next year - Geno Smith

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000164339/article/geno-smith-new-york-jets-are-going-to-the-playoffs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: We're going to the playoffs next year - Geno Smith

In response to NYPat's comment:

Some interesting quotes:

(the Jets)They have six quarterbacks on the roster. - I guess I lost track. this is why Mallett isn't moving, teams just need to wait for the Jets to release 4 QB's next fall.

"I think Geno Smith is going to be the starter, Week 1, against Tampa Bay, and I think Mark Sanchez will be there and he will be holding a clipboard," NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner said Friday night. "

If nothing else, he appears to have the requisite confidence for the Big Apple. - no, that would be guaranteeing a SB, not just the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The guy just sat through an entire first round in the green room and wasn't picked.  Left in disgust and wasn't going to go back the next day but someone talked him into it.  Then he sat through part of the 2nd round probably wondering why he went back for day 2.  Finally gets drafted and was happy and probably very relieved.  Probably a ton of emotions going through him at the moment, not going to hold anything he said against him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

All I know is that I'm 43 and have never ever ever ever ever witnessed a Jests team in the Super Bowl!! J E S T   J E S T    J E S T S...Jests jests jests. I'm pretty sure that not 1 of the 6 QB's currently on the Jests roster will ever lead them to the Super Bowl.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Time will tell.  QB Rick Myers won rookie of the year then was a bust.  QB Mark Sanchez was nicknamed Sanchize now the Jets can't trade him away.

Give Geno Smith a chance without promoting him as the next Joe Namath.  He needs a chance to learn the NFL game and grow into his skills.

This is coming coming from a Patriots Fan.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

This guy will fit right in with the Big mouthed Coach--Should be interesting to see how him and Sancheez hit it off cause this kids no Tim Tebow-he seems real Cocky and I can see a locker room problem with Markie and Geno-someones gonna have to go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

'were going to the playoffs" ok Geno keep telling yourself and your loud mouthed team because the only way you will get there is in your own mind.

NE sweeps you again. Brady>Smith.

Have fun week 2 against Tom who will kick your rear.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's also going to the Super Bowl.  I'm sure it will look great from his seat in section 214.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to WelkerRules' comment:

'were going to the playoffs" ok Geno keep telling yourself and your loud mouthed team because the only way you will get there is in your own mind.

NE sweeps you again. Brady>Smith.

Have fun week 2 against Tom who will kick your rear.

I would hope so

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Some rookie quarterbacks are all ready to play in the NFL.  Geno Smith isn't one of these. He needs to learn how to take the snap from center, drop back and plant at NFL speeds.  He needs to master his NFL reads.  He needs to look the cornerbacks off sometimes.  He needs to throw the ball away sometimes.  Rooks usually don't do these things right.

He'll probably be adequate some day, but putting him in raw is a good way to get him either injured or hearing footsteps for the rest of his shortened career. 

I'm sorry that people told him he'd be top ten.  He's barely top forty, say the 32 GMs, who should know as well as anyone.  For a quarterback that means he has a reasonable chance of failure, because great quarterbacks always get drafted before other players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Some rookie quarterbacks are all ready to play in the NFL.  Geno Smith isn't one of these. He needs to learn how to take the snap from center, drop back and plant at NFL speeds.  He needs to master his NFL reads.  He needs to look the cornerbacks off sometimes.  He needs to throw the ball away sometimes.  Rooks usually don't do these things right.

He'll probably be adequate some day, but putting him in raw is a good way to get him either injured or hearing footsteps for the rest of his shortened career. 

I'm sorry that people told him he'd be top ten.  He's barely top forty, say the 32 GMs, who should know as well as anyone.  For a quarterback that means he has a reasonable chance of failure, because great quarterbacks always get drafted before other players.

are these the same GMs who drafted tom brady in the 6th rd, joe montana in the 3rd and didn't draft kurt warner or victor cruz at all?

yeah they are batting 1.000 so obviously they guessed right on smith too

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000164339/article/geno-smith-new-york-jets-are-going-to-the-playoffs

Some interesting quotes:

(the Jets)They have six quarterbacks on the roster. - I guess I lost track. this is why Mallett isn't moving, teams just need to wait for the Jets to release 4 QB's next fall.

"I think Geno Smith is going to be the starter, Week 1, against Tampa Bay, and I think Mark Sanchez will be there and he will be holding a clipboard," NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner said Friday night. "

If nothing else, he appears to have the requisite confidence for the Big Apple. - no, that would be guaranteeing a SB, not just the playoffs.

ive also read by top sources they speculate they willlet him go despite the hit. id more liekly believe the former, but if the gm is smart, best thing may be to eat it now and get him out of there. also the worse they are the more they will  have to work  with in the draft

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The guy just sat through an entire first round in the green room and wasn't picked.  Left in disgust and wasn't going to go back the next day but someone talked him into it.  Then he sat through part of the 2nd round probably wondering why he went back for day 2.  Finally gets drafted and was happy and probably very relieved.  Probably a ton of emotions going through him at the moment, not going to hold anything he said against him.

good post agree. poor kid going to jets

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

agreed paul

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

Some interesting quotes:

ive also read by top sources they speculate they willlet him go despite the hit. id more liekly believe the former, but if the gm is smart, best thing may be to eat it now and get him out of there. also the worse they are the more they will  have to work  with in the draft

sanchez will be gone shortly...idzik is trying to start over and build his team his way

and barring an unexpected good season rex will be next

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Some interesting quotes:

sanchez will be gone shortly...idzik is trying to start over and build his team his way

shortly as in before the season

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Some interesting quotes:

i dont know but they should to make a clean break, cap hit not withstanding

problem is rex loves sanchez...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Some interesting quotes:

if i were the gm, id do it even with the hit. too much sh@t around and a qb who failed aint gonna help it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Some interesting quotes:

if i were the gm, id do it even with the hit. too much sh@t around and a qb who failed aint gonna help it.

i agree-eat the cap hit, make a new start

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Some interesting quotes:

i agree-eat the cap hit, make a new start

bu tim not a jets fan and itd be more fun if he stayed.....:)