Wes is just like all the other primadonna WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Wes is just like all the other primadonna WR

Link

Why is it that the WR position turns players into complete idiots? It's always about themselves, always think they are worth more than the next guy. I wish Wes luck, but hearring him in the media lately I can see why his self centered nature lost him a contract here in NE.

Wes had this too say about leaving New England; "I feel like I can be myself a little more for sure,"

Another comment showing his need to validate his stupid decision; He said the move to the Broncos and quarterback Peyton Manning was "by design.  

Really Wes, were you that held back here in NE? Sorry BB demanded class out of you and didn't let you run your mouth to the media. I am sure the Broncos and Peyton was your perfectly designed...backup...plan...enjoy the money, you never quite learned your lesson here. Take the high road and don't open your mouth, I am sure the Pats would love to show you your mistakes when they play the Broncos.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Wes is just like all the other primadonna WR

Adrian Wilson and Brandon Spikes will be more than happy to welcome Wes back to Foxborough when they visit.

Let's go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

Link

Wes had this too say about leaving New England; "I feel like I can be myself a little more for sure,"

Another comment showing his need to validate his stupid decision; He said the move to the Broncos and quarterback Peyton Manning was "by design.  

Really Wes, were you that held back here in NE? Sorry BB demanded class out of you and didn't let you run your mouth to the media. I am sure the Broncos and Peyton was you perfectly designed, backup, plan...enjoy the money, you never quite learned your lesson here. Take the high road and don't open your mouth, I am sure the Pats would love to show you your mistakes when they play the Broncos.

Good link and story freediro, Thank you.

Good comment there. The thing now is, the Onus will be on Brady to answer up about he was really upset? Wow!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That's part of the mental make up for the best WR's. Think of it, all the best WR's of all time have been primadonna's. They all want the ball and they all call for the ball. Troy Browns are exceptionally raw at WR because to be a great WR you have to have that primadonna attitude. Rice, Moss, Morgan, Irvin, Carter, Largent they were all primadonna's. Welker's no different other than the fact that he chose to sign with a different team and now fans are trying to explain why he didn't deserve to be on the team because he's a primadonna.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Just another attempt at a newsworthy story by the media...........................................fail.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I thought that it was most interesting part of this interview was his all "by desig" comment. Welker just appears to be constantly validating his own decision to play hardball with the Pats this offseason. I thought he deserved and earned to stay on the team, he just miscalculated his value and had to settle on his backup plan...Peyton. 

I posted this because I once thought Welker was one of those guys who could let his work do the talking, but he has become just like every other big mouth WR. It's just sad, because I don't think anything planned out like Wes wanted it to and now we all have to hear about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I thought that it was most interesting part of this interview was his all "by desig" comment. Welker just appears to be constantly validating his own decision to play hardball with the Pats this offseason. I thought he deserved and earned to stay on the team, he just miscalculated his value and had to settle on his backup plan...Peyton. 

I posted this because I once thought Welker was one of those guys who could let his work do the talking, but he has become just like every other big mouth WR. It's just sad, because I don't think anything planned out like Wes wanted it to and now we all have to hear about it.

Thats what happen when you inject some cancer (Ocho) into the lineup. Lets not forget who introduced Wes to twitter! Very forgettable offseason for BB. Not only did he over pay a had been prima donna, twitter ho Ocho to money he never earned, he also influenced our best WR to start being himself, trying to sell himself and be a funny guy and ended up going to a rival all because of him thinking more of himself than other teams did. I wonder if he would have taken the same route if Chad never was bought in. I believe Chad bought some positives to the team, but the negatives outweighed the positives and it wasnt due to anything but him being himself. Poor scouting by the Pats. They KNEW who he was and still gambled major money and did the same thing the next year with LLoyd....smh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So, why does it have to be just Welker who played hard ball? Last time I checked there are two parties at the negotiation table and since it's a business both sides are trying to get the most for them. It's not like the Pats didn't play hard ball with him. Lets face it they let him walk for less than $1mil per year difference. For what he gave to the team you don't think they were playing hardball with him too? I'm sure the Pats made that offer thinking that he wouldn't have left, that was their plan and it failed on them too. Welker just went to who gave him the most in the end, it's the business and I'm sure after having years of having your mouth duct taped with the media (remember the trouble he got in with the foot comment?) his filter was removed once he was allowed to talk. Can't really blame the guy on that one? In the end you can't really put either side to blame because they both were doing what they felt was in their best interest. The Pats ended up with their "2nd alternative" according to Kraft and Welker ended up in Denver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Grow up. 

The guy was played by NE (and that's not a sleight to NE - its just business).  NE has demonstrated that they love their players until they have to negotiate with them, then its all business.  This happens with many franchises, but some teams handle their player separations better than NE does. 

The guy thought that he produced for NE in a way that would cause the team to offer him a better deal than they did.  They didn't.  They gave him a low offer and made him make a move, and he did.  I am sure he's a proud guy, and not interested in downplaying (for the sake of his former team and their fans) the situation. 

NE was "man" enough to negotiate hard and they came out fine in the process with Amendola.  I am sure they have no problem with his comments.  If they did, they could have kept him quiet by offering more.  They didn't.  NE fans should see it the same way. 

NE is quite savvy on the business end of their team building.  That doesn't occur without a few jabs back at the team once in a while. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

One more thing. 

IIRC, I think NE could have kept Welker for a total of $2 million over 2 years.  In the scheme of a salary cap, that's not alot, especially considering Welker's production for the team AND they speed with which he came back from injury. 

In this case, NE seems to have been most interested in getting the most (Welker) for the least (their contract offer to him).  

The last thing I would call Welker is a prima donna given his production to price ratio for the Patriots.  Complaints about him now sound like sour grapes more than anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Grow up. 

The guy was played by NE (and that's not a sleight to NE - its just business).  NE has demonstrated that they love their players until they have to negotiate with them, then its all business.  This happens with many franchises, but some teams handle their player separations better than NE does. 

The guy thought that he produced for NE in a way that would cause the team to offer him a better deal than they did.  They didn't.  They gave him a low offer and made him make a move, and he did.  I am sure he's a proud guy, and not interested in downplaying (for the sake of his former team and their fans) the situation. 

NE was "man" enough to negotiate hard and they came out fine in the process with Amendola.  I am sure they have no problem with his comments.  If they did, they could have kept him quiet by offering more.  They didn't.  NE fans should see it the same way. 

NE is quite savvy on the business end of their team building.  That doesn't occur without a few jabs back at the team once in a while. 

scary..........but I have to agree with you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Grow up. 

How would you say Indy handled the PM situation a year years back?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

That's part of the mental make up for the best WR's. Think of it, all the best WR's of all time have been primadonna's. They all want the ball and they all call for the ball. Troy Browns are exceptionally raw at WR because to be a great WR you have to have that primadonna attitude. Rice, Moss, Morgan, Irvin, Carter, Largent they were all primadonna's. Welker's no different other than the fact that he chose to sign with a different team and now fans are trying to explain why he didn't deserve to be on the team because he's a primadonna.

Good points. You could also say this about CB's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Grow up. 

I'd say Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning did a joint press conference announcing his departure.  I'd say Peyton Manning is easily as proud as Welker.  If he felt "dissed" he never would have joined Irsay.  Example?  Do you recall how Manning handled the Vanderjagt situation?  If not, just google "idiot kicker". Manning's departure is a perfect example of a team handling a player separation better than the pats do.  I didn't intend to go there but you brought it up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd say Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning did a joint press conference announcing his departure.  I'd say Peyton Manning is easily as proud as Welker.  If he felt "dissed" he never would have joined Irsay.  Example?  Do you recall how Manning handled the Vanderjagt situation?  If not, just google "idiot kicker".  nuff said.

[/QUOTE]

You mean after a loss to Pitssburgh the class act that said "lets just say we had some problems in Protection". The bus tire tracks are still viisible on his O line from that remark. nuff said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd say Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning did a joint press conference announcing his departure.  I'd say Peyton Manning is easily as proud as Welker.  If he felt "dissed" he never would have joined Irsay.  Example?  Do you recall how Manning handled the Vanderjagt situation?  If not, just google "idiot kicker".  nuff said.

[/QUOTE]

You mean after a loss to Pitssburgh the class act that said "lets just say we had some problems in Protection". The bus tire tracks are still viisible on his O line from that remark. nuff said.

[/QUOTE]

What's your point? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's your point? 

[/QUOTE]

Your golden boy doesn't come without stains. Your portrayal of the PR show put on by he and Irsay reeked of a staged event. He is a proffesional athlete who has taken advantage of his stature and image and you know exactly what I mean.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's your point? 

[/QUOTE]

Your golden boy doesn't come without stains. Your portrayal of the PR show put on by he and Irsay reeked of a staged event. He is a proffesional athlete who has taken advantage of his stature and image and you know exactly what I mean.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting comments...for another thread that you can create if you wish.  This thread however is about whether or not Welker is a prima donna for simply opening his mouth. 

Try to stay on subject. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you introduced Manning into the discussion not me. perhaps you should take your own advice.

What's your point? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting comments...for another thread that you can create if you wish.  This thread however is about whether or not Welker is a prima donna for simply opening his mouth. 

Try to stay on subject. 

[/QUOTE]

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you introduced Manning into the discussion not me. perhaps you should take your own advice.

What's your point? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Try to stay on subject. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't introduce manning into the discussion. You certainly didn't mind using him to try and make your arguement once he was brought into it did you. 

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

25. This post has been removed.