wes vs. danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: wes vs. danny

TFB, please take a break before you let your love of WW let you start losing cred here. Catching 20 balls?? What would that have done if he dropped # 21 to end the game?

You think if Wes was the only guy on the roster, we could just throw it to him 20 times?? Why dont you go check how many times he was targeted in the AFC CHamp. loss. He WASNT the only option. He DID happen to be the only guy Brady trusted. Brady tried to get him 20 catches. He got his clock cleaned less than halfway through the game and started hearing footsteps though. Seriously, GET OVER IT DUDE! YOU went thru this months ago and I thought u got the help u needed. YOu seriously need to check your man love. Its clouding your judgement. Wes WOULD not have single handedly won the game and even if he did the same, whats the deal? Danny provided help. Stop harping on wether or not he WILL play next week. He gutted it out for his team.

He helpes us win. He may play next week he may not. Are you mad at Gronk too?

If its about   missed time , Wes missed a WHOLE quarter of a PLAYOFF game because HE thought it was FUNNY to rag on another opposing coach before the GAME! GTFOH with this Scorned Lover BS!. Its Football man!

Sorry but u needed to hear that. Take a break and come back with some sense.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Why are you saying this 20 catch stuff? I like WW but he never caught 20 passes in a game.  As someone else pointed out Wes was lucky enough to be injured in the last game of the season when he got hurt.  Otherwise we might be calling him injury prone.  Great guy but he wouldn't sign the 2 year 16 million dollar contract and now he's gone.  Long live Danny Amendola!  The guy wearing the Pat's uniform.

Because in that type of game yesterday, with the only other person being a viable wr was Edelman, Welker would have had a monster day.  Welker had monster days with other good wr in games, imagine what he would have done yesterday. It would have been huge.

Danny A might have done better too, had he not been on the sideline as much as he was.  He had an injury for game 1 already,  Edleman was on the field over him a lot.  Last I looked Welker had a hurt ankle but didn't miss any game time Thursday night. 

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Long live Danny Amendola!  The guy wearing the Pat's uniform.

See that is the problem with so many here.  Just because a player is a Patriot they are better then everyone else, right?  LOL!  Take those rose colored glasses off and be objective.  It's okay, you can still be objective and a fan.  Try it sometime.  You won't look so silly making ridiculous comments.

My post was objective.  Yours was speculative.  I didn't characterize you as silly but you had to go the aaa hole route with your reply.  What a shame.

Btw, i pointed out that am routing for the laundry.  Not that I believe the new player is better than the old one

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

This guy Amendola or whatever will NOT physically last through the season!  Injuries await him around every corner.  I suspect letting Welker go was an emotional decision and should not have occured.  

This "offense" from tight end to WR to RB looks pathetic.  What's up with Brady, he appeared to have something other than football on his mind during the Bills game.

This is not going to get better right away.  I can see the Jets defense doing whatever necessary to pound the Patriots offense into the ground.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

I suspect letting Welker go was an emotional decision and should not have occured.  

I don't think cutting loose a choker has anything to do with emotions. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Amendola made two catches down the stretch that WW wouldn't have made.  You all know the catches...unbelievable hands.  Wow.  Kept the drive alive.

Amendola also set some key blocks yesterday to spring some folks.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Gee, we dont have WW. But that does not say a thing about how good DA is. Just like it does not say a thing about how good Adrian Peterson is!

Sure WW is an exceptional recevier. Sure I would love to have him. BUT... DA is also exceptional and he showed it in his very FIRST game with TB. He came up B-I-G.

So chill a little bit. So far so good as far as DA is concerned.

Oh dear.  LOL!!  Think he will be there Thursday?  Think we can count on him all season?

[/QUOTE]

I guess we wiil see. But rather than assuming you are an oracle I will let them play the game.

SO far you nor anyone else has anything to complain about.. unless you are a Bills fan. DA had a great game. That is a fact whether you like DA or not.

Again, I agree WW is exceptional and would like to have him. But that does not reflect on DA. DA is also exceptional.

ANd if you are a numbers guy are you the one who wanted to make WW's 2 TDs THE litmus test? Whether you or not that would certanily be foolish as DA does not have magical powers to determine whether there will be opportunities for 2-8 yard catches for TDs. But if TDs are the litmus test then you must have felt that Edelman is, so far, as good as WW since he also had 2 TD catches.

Some numbers do not directly compare.

Bottom line.... DA had a great game. I do not know about you but I am looking forward to DAs season with the Pats. I would think Pats fans would be. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

This guy Amendola or whatever will NOT physically last through the season!  Injuries await him around every corner.  I suspect letting Welker go was an emotional decision and should not have occured.  

This "offense" from tight end to WR to RB looks pathetic.  What's up with Brady, he appeared to have something other than football on his mind during the Bills game.

This is not going to get better right away.  I can see the Jets defense doing whatever necessary to pound the Patriots offense into the ground.

Good luck rooting for the Jets. It has not worked for you for years but go ahead. I will continue to root for the Pats. A far far better team this year, as every year over the past 12 years or so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You are letting your love for Wes cloud yours.  I've said this a million times.  I agree with you that far too many posters on this board discount what Welker did for us now that he is gone, but Danny just put up 100 yards and was super clutch on the game winning drive.  Maybe we can appreciate both for now instead of trying to put one down and boost the other?

Like I said, Welker would have had 20+ catches and 200+ yards in that game yesterday had he been in Amendola's position.  Amendola might have too if he could have stayed on the field.  But he is as advertised, injured.  Until Danny A can give 6 years of top of the chart production and durability that Welker gave this team then we can start the comparisons, until then it's bogus, it's silly, it's a joke.

Last I checked Danny A has been a WR his college career and has been in the NFL 5 years now. He is supposed to be playing like he did yesterday.  He isn't supposed to play like the rookies did.  It's a joke.  It really is.  He played his position, he caught passes, what did you expect?   What I didn't like is he was missing a chunk of the game when the team could have used him on the field.  What I didn't like is I didn't see any TD's from the guy.  I thought he was supposed to be a redzone threat because he is taller then Welker.  Thats what I was told be some here. I didn't see anything that so many people said we would see and was a reason he was brought in.  I seen him on the sidelines and the locker room for part of the game, which I expected.  Get it?

[/QUOTE]

TFB12 - your "statement" that WW would ahve caught 20 and put up 200 yards is pretty funny. Funny because it is your wish, not a fact. One could say that DA would have caught 4 TDs for 300 yards had he been on Denver instead of WW. Making outlandish comments reflects on you, not on WW or DA.

THe truth is that DA had a great game. Period. THere is no "but", there is no equivocation. In fact DA's clutch catches were DIRECTLY related to our coming away with a win. There was even a catch DA made that had some reminicing about WW's infamous drop. 

WW is excellent. DA is excellent. And he played his FIRST game and was a huge success, a huge reason we won. You do not have to like it. But of course Pats fans will like it.. and do like it. 

I do not have a crystal ball so unlike you I cannot predict the future. But I am certainly looking forward to more DA.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Two players in NFL history have caught 20 passes in a game.  Who looks silly making ridiculous comments?

those are the numbers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Danny was clutch as all get out today.  He missed "a" series, which foreshadowed that nagging injury reputation. I was holding my breath. 

But everyone ahs to give the guy major credit. 

Along with a couple other guys he was the offense. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000240964/GameDay-Patriots-vs-Bills-highlights

This catch, at 2:13, is really as nasty and as clutch as it gets by Danny and Brady. 

Come on, how many times did you see Edelman over Amendola on the field yesterday?  A lot!  Too many.  Why?

TFB, why don't you go root for a team that you like instead of always tearing down the Pats?

Yoy know WW would have dropped those last two  catches by Danny!