Wes Welker cannot be replaced but is Brady a better QB without him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Wes Welker cannot be replaced but is Brady a better QB without him?

Don't tell my boss but I'm watching the replay of the game on NFL network.  I can't help but think Brady is played more as his old self after Wes came out of the game.  One play when he hit most on a long pass while moss was a deep crossing route Eldelman running Wes' route was only 8 yards from the line of scrimmage.
    I tend to believe is Wes was in the game Brady who was had some pressure after him would have taken the 8 yards and not continued through progressions and found most for a 25 yard gain.
    Pats are not a better team without Wes but is Brady a better QB?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Re: Wes Welker cannot be replaced but is Brady a better QB without him?

If Tom can put more points on the board without Wes Welker, then yes. 

Honestly, I think our 3rd down efficency will suffer, and Tom will take a few more hits & sacks.  Our running game will also face a more aggressive defense without using Welker as an option.

Sorry, just can't see the good in this.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I made a posted a thread on sunday titled "Blessing in Disguise", that kind of relates to what your saying.  I think with WW out that Brady is now forced to look other ways instead of using WW as security.  Granted WW was open so you gotta pass it to the open guy, but I think when 80% of the passes go in Welkers direction it leaves everyone else out in the wind.  They are all professionals and they should be ready at all times, but you have to believe that if the people at home already know Brady is going to pass to Welker all the time then the rest of the offense has a pretty good idea of whats going to happen.  Which leads to guys either blocking or looking around.  Either way they are not getting the in game reps to make them better players.

(my guess is that nothing changes.  he treats edelman like welker and throws it 80% as well.  especially if he starts getting pressured.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I remember the games when Brady would hit 7, 8, 9 different players.  Again not saying I think the Patriots are a better team without but what I'm saying without the safety blanket Brady might be more like the old spread the ball around brady.