WES WELKER says he probably will not come to mandatory mini-camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

WES WELKER says he probably will not come to mandatory mini-camp

willie mac calls him out as a diva. and says sign the damn tag and get into camp.
    you were not the wes w of today before coming to the pats. no one is not expendable beside brady and bb.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: WES WELKER says he may not come to mandatory mini-camp

Welker could have done what so many players do going into the final year of their contract and held out before last season.  Imagine being Wes, out performing your contract, playing like he does, being asked to go into the middle all the time without a guarantee for the future.  Imagine the risk he took, if he got hurt last season with no future contract he would have been screwed.  He did his part, it's time for the Patriots to do their part here.  I will really be mad at the team if they trade Wes or don't take care of him here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Could be a good thing for the offense so early on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Welker is getting up there in age and he would I seriously believe the only teams that would want him are ones that would over pay him in money not years. 

Its not just easy to go pick up and go and play somewhere else. We already have his replacement and no its not Edelman its Hernandez. I think Wes would finish off stronger here than anywhere else and should accept a 3 year deal here. He wants to sign this forever long deal but honestly your not going to get a 5 year deal on the market with your injury past. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: WES WELKER says he may not come to mandatory mini-camp:
    [QUOTE]In Response to WES WELKER says he may not come to mandatory mini-camp : rot...welker has every right to do what he's doing and is smart to do so...mcginest is just pissy he was never offered that amount of cash...its a two way street, you think pats go to two sb's and brady becomes all time td leader w/o welker? no way...d of 01-04 didn't need o to win, this one does...if pats cheap out on welker they'll regret it...to be honest he's a lot more irreplaceable to this pats team than mcginest was to his
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

willie's comments were in regard to holding out during regular mandatory camp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Welker is getting up there in age and he would I seriously believe the only teams that would want him are ones that would over pay him in money not years.  Its not just easy to go pick up and go and play somewhere else. We already have his replacement and no its not Edelman its Hernandez. I think Wes would finish off stronger here than anywhere else and should accept a 3 year deal here. He wants to sign this forever long deal but honestly your not going to get a 5 year deal on the market with your injury past. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

nor a 3 year 30 mil deal probabaly.
    there are 50 or 60 receivers in the draft and undrafted coming out this year. many could be a slot of the future. agree for now, hern will do fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Re: WES WELKER says he probably will not come to mandatory mini-camp

Let me ask WW and anyone else reading this blog, Has anyone ever really had a great year after holding out for contract negotiations? I cannot rember one! If he was smart, he will get his @ss in camp and get ready for the season. Let's cut the crap! 9.4 mil for this year is nothing to sneeze at! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

he wants big money for years

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WES WELKER says he may not come to mandatory mini-camp : it's mandatory (though players miuss it) for members of the team-welker is not signed and therefore is under no such obligation he blows out a knee in mandatory workouts his career is done...smart move to stay away

he has to sign the tag or waiver to come to any camp.
    so the reason theoretically he wont show is because he is that he is refusing to sign in hopes to pressuring the pats to give him the $ he wants for a multi year deal. its his right. but it could force the pats to consider life without him

i still dont see him holding out for games (providing hes still here).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WES WELKER says he may not come to mandatory mini-camp : rot...welker has every right to do what he's doing and is smart to do so...mcginest is just pissy he was never offered that amount of cash...its a two way street, you think pats go to two sb's and brady becomes all time td leader w/o welker? no way...d of 01-04 didn't need o to win, this one does...if pats cheap out on welker they'll regret it...to be honest he's a lot more irreplaceable to this pats team than mcginest was to his

Wes is a great player and I am not as eager to dump on him as some others on this board, but let's not go overboard here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WES WELKER says he may not come to mandatory mini-camp : Wes is a great player and I am not as eager to dump on him as some others on this board, but let's not go overboard here.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

with you on both accounts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WES WELKER says he may not come to mandatory mini-camp : he has to sign the tag or waiver to come to any camp. so the reason theoretically he wont show is because he is that he is refusing to sign in hopes to pressuring the pats to give him the $ he wants for a multi year deal. its his right. but it could force the pats to consider life without him i still dont see him holding out for games (providing hes still here).
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

He hasn't refused to sign anything. 
    Did you hear the man say they haven't spoken about anything since they assigned the tag because BB is in Draft Mode?  He has plenty of time and wants to play for the Pats.  The Pats want him.
    He just wants security which is perfectly normal, especially for a guy who knows this is his last chance to get paid.
    Players DO hold out and get their contracts, you know.  It happens all the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Oh the horror!  Let me know when he's not there on opening Sunday, then i'll be concerned.  He doesn't need babysitting, and chemistry in the offense has never been an issue with him.  If anything it'll give other/new players reps to build some rapport with Tom.  If I had a list of 5 players who seriously don't need this type of offseason stuff, Wes would be right near the top.  Pats got bigger fish to fry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WES WELKER says he may not come to mandatory mini-camp : He hasn't refused to sign anything.  Did you hear the man say they haven't spoken about anything since they assigned the tag because BB is in Draft Mode?  He has plenty of time and wants to play for the Pats.  The Pats want him. He just wants security which is perfectly normal, especially for a guy who knows this is his last chance to get paid. Players DO hold out and get their contracts, you know.  It happens all the time.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

since you are being civil. ill help you out.
    he has indeed refused to sign his franchise tag.
    i do not resent him doing it.
    maybe you are confusing me with others here.
    all the same. i voted very early on in the year to move on in 2012.
    get a slot and a monster outside wr in this draft laoded with them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: WES WELKER says he probably will not come to mandatory mini-camp:
    [QUOTE]Oh the horror!  Let me know when he's not there on opening Sunday, then i'll be concerned.  He doesn't need babysitting, and chemistry in the offense has never been an issue with him.  If anything it'll give other/new players reps to build some rapport with Tom.  If I had a list of 5 players who seriously don't need this type of offseason stuff, Wes would be right near the top.  Pats got bigger fish to fry.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

" If anything it'll give other/new players reps to build some rapport with Tom."

agreed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WES WELKER says he may not come to mandatory mini-camp : since you are being civil. ill help you out. he has indeed refused to sign his franchise tag. i do not resent him doing it. maybe you are confusing me with others here. all the same. i voted very early on in the year to move on in 2012. get a slot and a monster outside wr in this draft laoded with them.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Where is the link that says he refused to sign the tender?  I read every day but some how must have missed that one.  Do you have inside info?  Are you BB?
    Again, the man himself has said he has had no contact with the team since the tag because BB is in draft mode.
    Just because he has not signed the tag does not mean he refused.  More likely he is still waiting for a sit down with BB and just exercising his options in waiting for things to develop.  He is not the 1st not to immediately sign the tender and won't be the last.
    That's the logical thing to do.
    He will also NOT be traded, unless some one comes to BB with an offer he can't refuse, ala Seymore.  Although no one knows that, I tend to doubt it, knowing that; (1) some view his success as a product of the system.  (2) he is getting up there in age (3) he is likely more valuable to the Pats than any other team (4) there are a number of wrs available in both FA and the draft at a much cheaper cost. (5) the pats have 3-4 receivers right now that probably won't make the team. (6) he is their most productive receiver