We've become Chargers and Colts - playoff jokes!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

We've become Chargers and Colts - playoff jokes!

Both those team would put up 12,13,14 win regular seasons, only to fall flat in playoffs. Now here we are with 16 , 11, 10, and 14 win seasons with results of 3 straight playoff losses....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Re: We've become Chargers and Colts - playoff jokes!

You know what?  It not as easy as it seems.  So many of us have become spoiled fans with unreasonable expectations.  Patriots and Colts (not Chargers) have made it to multiple superbowls. We have 3 rings.  Look at all the great players that have zero rings or 1 ring. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: We've become Chargers and Colts - playoff jokes!:
    [QUOTE]You know what?  It not as easy as it seems.  So many of us have become spoiled fans with unreasonable expectations.  Patriots and Colts (not Chargers) have made it to multiple superbowls. We have 3 rings.  Look at all the great players that have zero rings or 1 ring. 
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

Great post.  I'm disappointed as well over our bad playoff performances in recent years, but jeez, no body wins the SB every year.  The Pats put a playoff caliber team on the field nearly every year for a decade, and these threads are lighting up with BB stinks, TB stinks, Pats stink.  Hey, we got beat by a rival - it hurts, but it's over and next year we'll be a playoff caliber team again.  I think my Brother but it best yesterday - right after time expired he looked at me and said (in a perfectly straight face) - "well the good news is pitchers and catchers report in about a month."  GO SOX!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

No cant win SB every year, but you should at least win a HOME playoff game...Even the 7-9 Seahawks were capable of that. Especially with the fact you were 8-0 both years in the regular season only to lose BOTH home playoff games...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Maybe now some of you bandwagon fans will start to realize how hard it is to even win the conference never mind the SB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinjake1966. Show kevinjake1966's posts

We're in a good position for a few years, with the last 2 drafts and the upcoming picks this team is only going to get stronger. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've become Chargers and Colts - playoff jokes! : Great post.  I'm disappointed as well over our bad playoff performances in recent years, but jeez, no body wins the SB every year.  The Pats put a playoff caliber team on the field nearly every year for a decade, and these threads are lighting up with BB stinks, TB stinks, Pats stink.  Hey, we got beat by a rival - it hurts, but it's over and next year we'll be a playoff caliber team again.  I think my Brother but it best yesterday - right after time expired he looked at me and said (in a perfectly straight face) - "well the good news is pitchers and catchers report in about a month."  GO SOX!
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Ah, what the heck. We stunk yesterday and we've stunk before but I'm all for the wait 'til next year approach at this point. I still love football more than any other sport and we still have an excellent team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We still have 2 good runs left with Tom, mates. Don't get down on me, it's dark now, but the dawn is coming. 

Give Bill a shot to fix the team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]We still have 2 good runs left with Tom, mates. Don't get down on me, it's dark now, but the dawn is coming.  Give Bill a shot to fix the team. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

We're so freaking close right now. We fixed so many problems last year with the Punter, secondary, LB's, TE's and RB's that we really can just focus the D-line and OLB as a major weakness on this team. Add another good offensive lineman and we're going to be a force again next year. I lost a lot of personal bets yesterday and it's humiliating for at least this week but I don't care. 16-0 next year man.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

i agree with the idea of some fans being spoiled and wish they wouldnt overdose on the BB and TFB blame game. the pats lost as a team there is plenty of blame to go around, while the jets played a great game and were the better team yesterday. it happens...one would think after all boston fans have been thru that by now more of them would have learned that we cant win em all. we dont even have to go back historically...in the past 15 years we have seen the pats win 3 bowls and lose 2, the celtics win 1 championship and lose 1, not to mention ups and downs with the sox. it is what it is.

i would like to think the pats are in good shape heading forward after seeing some growth from the rookies and 2nd year guys this year. but its kinda hard to get excited about all those draft picks knowing BB will find a way to trade more than half of them away as usual.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

fans should be greatful...dont be whiney *ssed biatches cause it didnt go our way... we are no way like dolts or chargers...for obvious reasons...

you cant win them all...the jests won....no excuses...

but we will be back...and with a vengeance...

and not one damn things has changed....jests are still frauds and gomer is still a choker..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]No cant win SB every year, but you should at least win a HOME playoff game...Even the 7-9 Seahawks were capable of that. Especially with the fact you were 8-0 both years in the regular season only to lose BOTH home playoff games...
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps you would be happier rooting for the Raiders, Lions, Panthers? The Jets defense played great, we made a bunch of mistakes, we lost. Get over it.

We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, went 14-3, and have more pics than we know what to do with. I'm okay with that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Playoff joke is a bit harsh.  I think you're not giving enough credit to the Jets.  Regardless, there is a lot to like about this team going forward.  Tough pill to swallow, but I'm not down on this team.   

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What is even sadder, both Jbolted and UD6 have come here to give Pats fan chit about this loss.  As if they have anything to be prideful for!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The regular season doesn't matter in the NFL.  You have two #6 seeds in position to play for the title.

The regular season is almost irrelevant.

The Patriots need to re-learn that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Okay, it was a tough loss to the one team you want to beat more than any other.

But let's not get carried away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

the pats were suppose to be rebuilding or restocking

19. This post has been removed.