What a game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

What a game

What a beautiful, nerve wracking game. I say we will have the top D in 2011, these rookies are something else. An Sanders, he's #1 in my book!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: What a game

VeRyy            WRaK iNG
             NErvR

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to What a game:
    [QUOTE]What a beautiful, nerve wracking game. I say we will have the top D in 2011, these rookies are something else. An Sanders, he's #1 in my book!!!
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE]
    If you read the in game graphic, this is the worse Pats' D since '90. They better get better. Championships are won with defense. Relying on TB is a bit of a stretch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Cunningham made a nice play and I am surprised BB/Patricia called zone there, to be honest.

Nice call.

I know people will want to harp on the D, but that is a good offense and you could look at them making the plays to cause TOs as a positive.

I hate to do this, but O'Brien again, is not consistent.

He seems to have a problem calling games through 4 quarters. The lack of creativity throughout the game is odd.

Hernandez, the run game at times was ignored. I don't get it.

They start going spread when they are running all over them.  He has to stop over-thinking.

As for the D, I am not sure if they just ran out of gas or just executed poorly against a very good offense, but it;s pretty much what I expected.

The D had to make more plays, though. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

you have to give it to the young defense, the got 3 int and one sealed the game. Manning is really good but he just wasnt good enough to win, Pats won. But the Pats have a lot of to work on, like piling one more points even if we are up 21 points and there is only 9 minutes left of the clock. The offense looked great, but just began to fall apart at the end and Brady needs to convert that 3rd down to seal the win. Play calling just needs to improve. On Defense BB needs to stay with what is working, he goes to the prevent and it gets exposed every game. We definitely need to work rushing the passer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: What a game:
    [QUOTE]Cunninghame made a nice play. I know people will want to harp on the D, but that is a good offense and you could look at them making the plays to cause TOs as a positive. I hate to do this, but O'Brien again, is not consistent. He seems to have a problem calling games through 4 quarters. The lack of creativity throughout the game is odd. Hernandez, the run game at times was ignored. I don't get it. They start going spread when they are running all over them.  He has to stop over-thinking. As for the D, I am not sure if they just ran out of gas or just executed poorly against a very good offense, but it;s pretty much what I expected. The D had to make more plays, though. 
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    The OC position will be be open to the public next year. Only arrogant demeaning prospect need apply. This game was a gift and I like neither team. After I look at the box scores, I'm sure it's very lopsided to the Indy side.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

WoodHEAD for PRESIDENT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Cunninghame made a nice play. I know people will want to harp on the D, but that is a good offense and you could look at them making the plays to cause TOs as a positive. I hate to do this, but O'Brien again, is not consistent. He seems to have a problem calling games through 4 quarters. The lack of creativity throughout the game is odd. Hernandez, the run game at times was ignored. I don't get it. They start going spread when they are running all over them.  He has to stop over-thinking. As for the D, I am not sure if they just ran out of gas or just executed poorly against a very good offense, but it;s pretty much what I expected. The D had to make more plays, though. 
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I think this rookie D did a great job against Manning, after all he's no slouch!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teddydupay4. Show teddydupay4's posts

Colts played well.  They call to mind the Pats in a lot of ways.  Random guys stepping up to make plays.  The right decisions @ the right times.  They remind me of the '06 Pats.  Or the '08.  Nothing amazing, until they need to be.  I'm mean, filthy, abhorrent, and not the type, but gotta tip the hat to the Colts for fighting back in it.  My entire houshold sitting on pins and needles...we just looked @ each other after the pick.  Like 5 year olds figuring out Santa came and all that crap about us being bad all year was a lie.  Or like going into Dancer's and seeing the A-Team working unexpectedly. 

Thought there was too little pressure up the middle @ times, which is where Manning struggles.  But other than that, I'm not in the mood to analzye.  I'm in the mood to grab a tall, cheap beer, and just be happy to be in a different place this year instead of last.  Good win, Pats.  And tough out, Colts.  WOW....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]WoodHEAD for PRESIDENT
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]

Boy, aint that the truth!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

[QUOTE]VeRyy            WRaK iNG          NErvR
    Posted by harleyroadking1[/QUOTE]

Right on... not good for the heart...where's my Hot Whiskey?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Most of the credit for those three ints, has to go to the front 7 pressure on Manning, than to the intercepters. The D is coming---- but I think not quite mature the win it all this year. But with all those hi draft choices, watch out in 2011.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I thought the 4th quarter meltdown was a coaching thing, playing to run down the clock.  Alot of that lately.  Don't like it, and it doesn't work.  O.K., they won, but not because of overall good scheme.  Offense same way, seems like a scheme issue.  They load the box, and you don't audible to a TE pass play?  I ALMOST LOST MY MIND SCREAMING "PASS IT! PASS IT!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Wouldn't it be funny if BB is playing prevent Ds late with leads to do this:

1. Surprise teams later in the year.
    2. Make sure he knows what he has with the players on D.

Point #1 is not something that is not that unusual for BB.

I think the difference is, this D is younger, so they are a step slower in terms of reacting/experience in playing soft zones and the prevent.

Also, obviously, the pass rush is not consistent.

I noticed limited to zero blitzing tonight, so they approached Rapelisturd different than Gomer.

It all matters.   BB is continuing to see what he has.

The good news is, he has film on his own players to show them.

Don't underestimate these kinds of things.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

enjoyable game to watch but man, it was close there at the end.  Would have rather won with a complete shutdown of the Colts offense on the final drive instead of the int but I'll still take it for the win.