What about a WildPat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevindavis. Show kevindavis's posts

What about a WildPat?

We have Stanback, Hoyer, Edelman, Faulk, Morris, and Benny(who deserves some carries).  Surely you can install a mean Wildcat to mix it up with this group of Diverse players, many of whom have played QB in the past.  Miami Looked great against the Jets Last night.  It could take some of the weight off of Tom's shoulders until he gets back to himself. Talk to me!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: What about a WildPat?

I'd rather keep Brady on the field, even if it's a Wildcat.

And I think the big difference between the Dolphins and the Pats is that [the Dolphins'] o-line is a LOT tougher than ours.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevindavis. Show kevindavis's posts

We have Stanback, Hoyer, Edelman, Faulk, Morris, and Benny(who deserves some carries).  Surely you can install a mean Wildcat to mix it up with this group of Diverse players, many of whom have played QB in the past.  Miami Looked great against the Jets Last night.  It could take some of the weight off of Tom's shoulders until he gets back to himself. Talk to me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevindavis. Show kevindavis's posts

Interesting point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

How about we just stick with an actual running game, instead of giving it up after the 1st quarter. How about we give BJGE a few carries before we hop on THAT bandwagon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownRon. Show BeantownRon's posts

Can someone tell me why BJGE can't even get a touch?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

I think using the wildcat or wildpat in our case wouldnt be a bad idea, i think if edelman is taking the direct snap that will pose a threat for a pass out of the wildpat as well as a run, i also think this would help out Sebastian Volmer blast off the ball and just overpower d-ends instead of passing the ball 45 times and leaving him vulnerable against smaller quicker d-ends. I think its something BB should consider, and could possibly be the spark we need to get our offense going, but then again i would rather have Tom Brady playing like his old self, than rely on a gimmick offensive formation. Still something to think about...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Wildpat is an ok idea, i'd love to see the ball in edelmans hands a few plays a game where he mostly runs and throws it once in a while... but running wise, it wouldnt be that effective. Phins line is really good at run blocking..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kanuho19. Show kanuho19's posts

like the idea!!start some where!!but have brady at WR postion and edelman at QB!!i know brady can catch? so give it a try?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How about we just pick a RB. 

O'brien is a pass happy clown. We need someone to implement some diversity. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevindavis. Show kevindavis's posts

Whatever is done, Benny needs to show what he can do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

It's gonna be interesting to see how a team utilizes Tebow as he primarily runs the spread/wild cat offense in college.  He'd be the first QB with the size (6-3 250), speed (4.6) and arm to function as a fulltime spread/wildcat QB in the NFL.  Pat White possesses a similar skill set, he just isn't big enough to take the beating that would ensued by such a player on a full time bases......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

In Response to Re: What about a WildPat?:
    [QUOTE]Can someone tell me why BJGE can't even get a touch?
    Posted by BeantownRon[/QUOTE]

To me it looks like he struggles on blitz pick up. So I can see not using him in single back shotgun sets. But other then that he deserves a shot

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I'm really hoping the Titans don't bust out the Wildcat with Vince Young. I for one do NOT want to see Vince in this game! Stick with your guns Fisher...This is Kerry Collin's team...fight to the end with Kerry!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Edelman is the perfect WildPat guy and he's on the field enough for one WildPat per game. He can run the option play.  The trouble is, he's still learning a brand new position.  Him practicing at WR to run better routes and to actually catch the ball every time is going to improve the Patriots' yardage more than putting in a WildPat play.  Of course at some point he'll be confident at WR and the gimmick play goes in.

Edelman is equally a slash.  He can end-around and then suddenly chuck the pig way downfield to Moss.  He has the lateral acceleration (if not the build) to run a draw play in Kevin Faulk's place.  One of these days Edelman will take the kickoff, come out 10 yards, stop and then throw a cross-field lateral to a wide-open Maroney.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to What about a WildPat?:
    [QUOTE]We have Stanback, Hoyer, Edelman, Faulk, Morris, and Benny(who deserves some carries).  Surely you can install a mean Wildcat to mix it up with this group of Diverse players, many of whom have played QB in the past.  Miami Looked great against the Jets Last night.  It could take some of the weight off of Tom's shoulders until he gets back to himself. Talk to me!
    Posted by kevindavis[/QUOTE]

I believe the Patriots need to have something different other than the spread offense. Opponents adapted to the spread offense back in mid 2007 when we saw our offensive TDs go down by having an aggressive pass rush. Ultimately, Brady didn't have as much time to throw the long ball anymore.

In order to open things up for the long ball again - we have to do something; like the Wildcat.

For one game this year - the Pats did a great job of mixing things up - running, play action, mis-direction plays....we need to do that again - and also include maybe half a dozen plays out of a Wildcat-type formation.

Again, the purpose is to mix things up enough to keep the opposing defense on their heels - and open up 2-3 opportunities for the long ball.

I'd also like to see Edelman or Welker on deep routes vs. Moss - and other crossing routes by edelman and Welker (much like the Colts do). Although "picks" are illegal - the Colts receivers do many crossing routes that act as picks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully45. Show RTSully45's posts

I bet they have a few WildPat plays in the playbook, but we won't see them until the Indy game.  No need to use them against the Titans and Bucs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

How about considering the Jets' D was wearing out in that 90 degree humidy on MNF?  Don't get all excited on what you saw the other night.  How long can that be successful?  Will be interesting on the rematch at the Meadowlands.   Wonder how it will fare.................Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: What about a WildPat?:
    [QUOTE]How about considering the Jets' D was wearing out in that 90 degree humidy on MNF?  Don't get all excited on what you saw the other night.  How long can that be successful?  Will be interesting on the rematch at the Meadowlands.   Wonder how it will fare.................
    Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]

I think the breakdwon of the Jets D was an abberation...and Ryan will adjust as needed.

It will be a good re-match.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

Let’s give it a try…but they still need to fix the long passing game…we lost two games because few throws went over Randy.

With or without WildPat, we are few yards short of 5-0. Bring it up to 31-0 at the end of 3rd against Titans and after that they can experiment the WildPat…and make sure Tommy is resting in the fourth quarter.