What about getting Deon Branch back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gatech34. Show gatech34's posts

What about getting Deon Branch back

I saw this post earlier last week, but what about a trade for Deon Branch. Brady has worked well with him before. I dont think it would hurt us as long as he is healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Re: What about getting Deon Branch back

I think health is an obvious issue, as is age, but the other is scheme.  He was here for Weiss and the first year of McDaniels.  There has been some serious turnover since then.  However, if they could dish Galloway and a mid round pick I've got to think that would be a huge deal for us.  He only has 10 receptions this season (remember he had 11 in SuperBowl 39).

If I'm Seattle, however, I would hesitate in making such a trade.  You gave him a huge contract and gave the Pats a first round pick.  You don't want to turn around and give him away for a 7th rounder.  They might be better off dishing him but pride could play a role.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

What foolishness. Receivers are open,Brady is just not back up to par yet. No one is gonna trade for Dieon Branch. If he's released and will play for small $$'s and  no quaranteed money, then someone might grab him. But trade for him? Why?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If he decides to get a pay-cut, maybe. 

I would rather have T.O., he is a much better receiver. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

I'm assuming your not serious bout TO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

good lord T.O is c r a   p 

he cant handle the n.e weather besides the fact that he has proven that he is a total doosh with 3 different qbs

Yuck

Lee Evans would be great
    T.O would give N.E more dropped balls than galloway 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Branch is no good.  At least that is what most everyone here has said about the receivers that Brady has thrown to bm&w (before moss and welker).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I keep hearing that a viable third option at wide receive will help cure the Pats' offensive woes.

Here's my question:

If the first option is open, and Brady can't hit him; and the second option is open, and Brady can't hit him; what difference would it make if we had Jerry Rice . . .   or Jerry Lewis . . .   as the third option, if Brady can't hit him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Why pick Jerry Rice or Jerry Lewis.  Take Ben & Jerry and have 2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

mmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

ice cream.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: What about getting Deon Branch back:
    [QUOTE]mmmmmmmmmmmm . . . ice cream.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

At least when Brady overthrows them on 3rd down, there will be cones awaiting the team on the sideline.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

That's too funny pmike, I just busted out laughing on that one and you know what they say, the truth is always the funniest. I can see J Lewis running around now yelling I'm open.

UD, you can't comment on that, only Pats fans

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I keep hearing that a viable third option at wide receive will help cure the Pats' offensive woes. Here's my question: If the first option is open, and Brady can't hit him; and the second option is open, and Brady can't hit him; what difference would it make if we had Jerry Rice . . .   or Jerry Lewis . . .   as the third option, if Brady can't hit him?
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

We need a 3rd option receiver. When, and I do mean when, Brady gets back to his regular form he will still need a 3rd option. Throwing into double-coverage is a bad idea for the WRs, if Moss gets hurt this offense is done. T.O. would force teams to play more zone coverages. We don't have alot of options out there for a receiver. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

49 I think you're out of your mind. I've read great posts by you and I'm scratching my head on this one. 
    Unlike some others I agree he's an awesome receiver, he's in great shape and I think he has a couple years of good football in him but don't even start comparing to him to Moss and Dillan as problem players.
    TO's problems are on the field and in the locker room. Players complain when they're on bad teams and want out, he complains when he's on a good teams and he's not getting enough touches?
    He's exactly the opposite of what BB built in NE and would singlehandedly bring this team down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

What is wrong with your tight end as a 3rd option.  Other than when the colts had Stokely (and I guess last year with Gonzalez) the colts 3rd receiver was their TE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]49 I think you're out of your mind. I've read great posts by you and I'm scratching my head on this one.  Unlike some others I agree he's an awesome receiver, he's in great shape and I think he has a couple years of good football in him but don't even start comparing to him to Moss and Dillan as problem players. TO's problems are on the field and in the locker room. Players complain when they're on bad teams and want out, he complains when he's on a good teams and he's not getting enough touches? He's exactly the opposite of what BB built in NE and would singlehandedly bring this team down.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I'm all for hearing another option. Marvin Harrison isn't going to sign - as sweet as it would be to pee on the Colts' parade - and I can't find any other options out there. We despreatly need a 3rd WR. Is it going to be Brandon Tate or Galloway? Galloway hasn't shown any signs that he can do anything for us, and Tate is coming of the NF-INJ list this week and we haven't heard a word about him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]What is wrong with your tight end as a 3rd option.  Other than when the colts had Stokely (and I guess last year with Gonzalez) the colts 3rd receiver was their TE.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Listen Dogg, 

We can't all have 7 1st round picks lined-up on offense everytime we hike the ball like Peyton Manning, alright? 

Harrision (1st round pick)
    Wayne (1st round pick) 
    Gonzo (1st round pick)
    Clark (1st round pick)
    Edge (1st round pick)  
    Addai (1st round pick) 
    Brown (1st round pick) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Does anyone know what the official status of Galloway is? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know what the official status of Galloway is? 
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Yes.  The coroner's report listed him as "D.O.A."

I have been writing it all day. Why not Maroney? He can block, he can catch, he can juke, he can fly.  He just can't be a premier RB.  Keeps a number one pick from waste.  Would probably be less prone to inury, too. Of course, we will need two RBs to replace Taylor and Maroney.

As for Branch, no, no, no.  I can see why yo ,lie him becasue he was so clutch in 2003/2004. But that was a footballeternity from today. He left ingratiously, especially considering how often the Pats had to live with his injuries. He is over-paid and underperforming. And he won't fix what is wrong with Brady. File under, "What if we got Ty Law back?"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about getting Deon Branch back : Listen Dogg,  We can't all have 7 1st round picks lined-up on offense everytime we hike the ball like Peyton Manning, alright?  Harrision (1st round pick) Wayne (1st round pick)  Gonzo (1st round pick) Clark (1st round pick) Edge (1st round pick)   Addai (1st round pick)  Brown (1st round pick) 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

You have to give the Colts the props. They must be the best team at picking and developing talent. Pats have been good, but have had a share of failed no. 1s. Colts can't seem to miss in this regard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about getting Deon Branch back : Listen Dogg,  We can't all have 7 1st round picks lined-up on offense everytime we hike the ball like Peyton Manning, alright?  Harrision (1st round pick) Wayne (1st round pick)  Gonzo (1st round pick) Clark (1st round pick) Edge (1st round pick)   Addai (1st round pick)  Brown (1st round pick) 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Why not? 

don't the pats also get 1st round picks like every other team? 

Are you suggesting that somehow the colts have an unfair advantage? 

What about Austin Collie 4th rd or Pierre Garcon udfa?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

woody - I think you are right.  However, I have always said that the pats have made the best overall personnel decisions (draft+fa+trade).  The colts really don't delve into the trade or free agency market.  They have done it when they've had to but otherwise,they stay away and try to stick with their picks.  Its worked well, but obviously the pats have had more success.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Unless he is going to help Brady stop overthrowing receivers and make the Offensive coordinator stick with the run, I'm not sure how he will help.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Branch is not what he was and as someone here already said - Brady simply has to hit open receivers. He has made some very nice throws but he is missing big plays again and again.

It does make it even more important for players like Galloway and Aiken not to mess up. Watson and Welker and Moss seem to have risen to the occasion and #11 looks great for being a 5 game rookie. He will be a great player. Hoe Brady gets it all together soon so we can see some real cookin.

It will also make the D look great.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about getting Deon Branch back : Why not?  don't the pats also get 1st round picks like every other team?  Are you suggesting that somehow the colts have an unfair advantage?  What about Austin Collie 4th rd or Pierre Garcon udfa?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

The Pats don't draft Offensive position players (OL not included) in the first round. 

08 - Mayo  (LB)                                                     
    07 - Merriweather (S)
    06 - Maroney (-_-)    
    05 - Mankins (OL)
    04 - Wilfork (NT)      
    04(b) - Watson  (TE)
    03 - Warren (DL)
    02 - Graham (TE) Ditched us
    01 - Seymour (DL)

What I am saying is that the Pats don't draft for Brady like the Colts do for Manning. Peyton was drafted with a silver spoon in his mouth, Tom had to perform with a blue collar attitude. I also have serious doubts that if the Colts had faced a team with a mediocore defense that Manning would throw 300 yard games like he has in the past 5 games. 

Peyton Manning's hit-list

Jaguars (Hasselbeck just destroyed them without any effort)
    Miami (They can't cover to save their lives)
    Cardinals (They made Worthlisberger look like Joe Montana in the superbowl)
    Seahawks (Weak)
    Titans (worst of the group)