What about other camera angles?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

What about other camera angles?!?!?!

Was there only one f*ck*ng camera operating last night on the 4th-and-2 play?

Why can't we see it from THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD?

Upon seeing it again, I thought Faulk secured the ball AFTER the bobble BEYOND THE 30 YARD LINE, but we can't see it from any other angle.

Come on!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: What about other camera angles?!?!?!

From the back of the end zone angle, he secured it right after he bobbled it, it seemed like it was before he was pushed back behind 30 yard line.  The spot was almost where he first landed which was definitely a little behind where he first had control.  The ref that made the call was blocked from the view of the football so he was probably unclear when exactly the ball was secured. It is really too bad that it came down to this.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

the game was fixed, get over it.
    there is way too much money in sports betting for it to be ignored.
    Bad decision to go for it on 4th and 2 on their own 28,
    totally absurd, Refs had their part making a bad spot,
    it was intended. For some reason Patriots burn all their timeouts
    so no challenge can be had and the Refs put more time back
    on clock so no review can be had in the booth because it's not under the
    two minute warning.
    there was a group of individuals that had a part in this travesty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Dude... sports betting had nothing to do with it... I had the Pats and they STILL covered besides the loss...

Get over it guys... Pats went for it and lost... oh well.  Not the end of the world. 
    Still got anothor game in 5 days!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

there's a video on youtube  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZClRvZugOVU
    watch at the :26 second mark Faulk has the ball between his hands and chest with his foot on the ground.  At the :29 mark you see it from a diff angle and when his foot leaves the ground his body is about 1foot past the first down mark.  It was a first down!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Definately a 1st down....I'm a little suspicious about it as well.  I mean this is sunday night football.  They have cameras everywhere, but with all the media attention this game has been getting I have yet to see a side view of this shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

Yea it was a first down. His right foot came down after his left and it was beyond the 30 yardline. And that's not even talking about the Pass Interference call that changed the game entirely.

Like I said before the Pats had 2 opponents, the Colts and the Refs. We beat the Colts but not the refs. It's garbage. Football has no integrity and not to mention when they pull this they are taking the fans for a bunch of a$$h*oles. Think about it. Yea and why was the game clock reset to 2:00??

Not a bad decision to go for it. I agree with the call. You know the refs aren't going to give you any breaks and your D is GASSED! There is more certainty in the offense of making it but the Pats got railroaded.  They make the first down the game is over. The only thing they did wrong was mismanage their time outs.

Get over it? I am. And I'm also not watching any more football. If the Pats make the playoffs I'll reconsider. If I have time to kill on a Sunday I have a Harley and a PS3.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Racer0067. Show Racer0067's posts

For the record I am neither a Patriots lover or hater. Yet lost in all of the hype around this deal is the fact that the official made a bad spot. Further, the rules surrounding a challenge are bad. I have never understood why, when as a coach, I challenge a bad call, win, and I lose a challenge. It was the league's mistake! Yet I only get two chances a per game. If I don't have a time out, then I'm screwed. So I'm not suppposed to use my timeouts to win a game, I have to save one in case the league officials mess up?  With all of the rules in the NFL these days, what is a catch/no catch, fumble/no fumble, etc, and the infamous " if you hit Jerry Jones' tv on a punt, we'll just have a do over", there is no excuse for what happened Sunday night. College football does it best. If it looks questionable, it gets reviewed. The NFL should care about getting it right.

From my perspective, the media has jumped at the chance to criticize BB.  Probably because they are jealous.  They are trying to cause trouble, guys like Tom Jackson, and yes, Rodney Harrison and Teddy Bruschi.  All of these guys are entitled to their opinion. I submit Harrison should still be hiding for not being able to knock a ball off a guys helmet two years ago in a game that really mattered.  Bottom line is, Brady threw a pick in the end zone, and Maroney fumbled it into the end zone. And Manning had torched the defense in the 4th quarter. And the official made a bad spot. At no time have I seen any national media stop the replay when it was clear that Faulk had the ball secure to evaluate where the ball should be spotted. They don't want to. It's easier to hate winners.  Which is what the Patriots are. Winners.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Well one thing the published camera photage shows is that our pass protection on that play was awful - the Colts went up the middle of our O-Line almost as fast as Peyton went through out defense.  Better protection and maybe Brady has time to find Welker over the middle.

But seriously, where are the other camera angles?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

In Response to Re: What about other camera angles?!?!?!:
    [QUOTE]From the back of the end zone angle, he secured it right after he bobbled it, it seemed like it was before he was pushed back behind 30 yard line.  The spot was almost where he first landed which was definitely a little behind where he first had control.  The ref that made the call was blocked from the view of the football so he was probably unclear when exactly the ball was secured. It is really too bad that it came down to this.
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]

I watched the replay several times.  The key moment when Faulk gained control of the ball was when he brought his arms down.  Prior to that moment, Faulk had to regrip and did not have full control of the ball.  His right foot was the only part of his body inside the 30 yard line when he gained control.  The referee marked the ball at that exact sopt, which was the worst possible location for the Patriots.  I look at the referee's mark as being a mistake since he must have assumed Faulk had not gained full ball control.  The referee likley saw the bobble and didn't see Faulk gain control beyond the 30 yard line.  It was a poor call, but I don't beleive it was intentional.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtFan69. Show ColtFan69's posts

[QUOTE]For the record I am neither a Patriots lover or hater. Yet lost in all of the hype around this deal is the fact that the official made a bad spot. Further, the rules surrounding a challenge are bad. I have never understood why, when as a coach, I challenge a bad call, win, and I lose a challenge. It was the league's mistake! Yet I only get two chances a per game. If I don't have a time out, then I'm screwed. So I'm not suppposed to use my timeouts to win a game, I have to save one in case the league officials mess up?  With all of the rules in the NFL these days, what is a catch/no catch, fumble/no fumble, etc, and the infamous " if you hit Jerry Jones' tv on a punt, we'll just have a do over", there is no excuse for what happened Sunday night. College football does it best. If it looks questionable, it gets reviewed. The NFL should care about getting it right. From my perspective, the media has jumped at the chance to criticize BB.  Probably because they are jealous.  They are trying to cause trouble, guys like Tom Jackson, and yes, Rodney Harrison and Teddy Bruschi.  All of these guys are entitled to their opinion. I submit Harrison should still be hiding for not being able to knock a ball off a guys helmet two years ago in a game that really mattered.  Bottom line is, Brady threw a pick in the end zone, and Maroney fumbled it into the end zone. And Manning had torched the defense in the 4th quarter. And the official made a bad spot. At no time have I seen any national media stop the replay when it was clear that Faulk had the ball secure to evaluate where the ball should be spotted. They don't want to. It's easier to hate winners.  Which is what the Patriots are. Winners.
    Posted by Racer0067[/QUOTE]

Actually you are CHEATERS not winners all of your SB's are tainted by spygate.  Scoreboard losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

I encourage every Patriot fan to keep crying about this for as long as possible, as it really reminds the world what kind of losers you are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

I encourage every non Patriot fan to keep trolling about this for as long as possible, as it really reminds the world what kind of losers you are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about other camera angles?!?!?! : I watched the replay several times.  The key moment when Faulk gained control of the ball was when he brought his arms down.  Prior to that moment, Faulk had to regrip and did not have full control of the ball.  His right foot was the only part of his body inside the 30 yard line when he gained control.  The referee marked the ball at that exact sopt, which was the worst possible location for the Patriots.  I look at the referee's mark as being a mistake since he must have assumed Faulk had not gained full ball control.  The referee likley saw the bobble and didn't see Faulk gain control beyond the 30 yard line.  It was a poor call, but I don't beleive it was intentional.
    Posted by gfkr2[/QUOTE]
    The key here is that the ref had no clear view of the football, so it was a guess to exactly when the ball was secured.  I agree that there probably was no intention to favor one side or the other.  The funny part was whatever spot he was deciding on, he knew exactly whether the 1st down was made or not, very creepy and probably very uncomfortable feeling for him.  Faulk went beyond the 30 yard line and had to come back towards the ball because his man was so closed to him and was about to take a swat at the ball.  Even if they went to the replay, I think more likely than not, it would not have been overturned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

I think that the PI call was worse than the spot of the ball.  That call was BS.  The D back was going for the ball to make a pick and the WR runs into his back and that is PI? I think another one of those calls would of been coming if Belichick did decide to punt the ball.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nypatriot711. Show nypatriot711's posts

[QUOTE]the game was fixed, get over it. there is way too much money in sports betting for it to be ignored. Bad decision to go for it on 4th and 2 on their own 28, totally absurd, Refs had their part making a bad spot, it was intended. For some reason Patriots burn all their timeouts so no challenge can be had and the Refs put more time back on clock so no review can be had in the booth because it's not under the two minute warning. there was a group of individuals that had a part in this travesty.
    Posted by longhairjoe[/QUOTE]

Couldnt agree with you more. Most, if not all, sporting events are fixed. Its amazing how a team (detriot) can have a 16 1/2 spread but lose by 17. it isnt by luck thats for sure. I remeber a few yrs back, it was Thanksgiving and i believe it was GreenBay, was totally whooping the Lions (what else is new) but Detriot managed, in the last 10 minutes to score just enough points to cover the spread. What was even more obvious was the actual play of the Packers that allowed this remarkable surge of offense. Just look at the betting sheets from your local roach coach. Once you realize this you will look at football different.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Did anyone notice in the replay:

1.  Vollmer didn't even try to block Freeney.  Must mean they were planning that short pass to Faulk all the way.
    2.  The ref in the middle of the field had underneath coverage on Welker - a pass there would have been very difficult.
    3.  The receiver next to welker (can't tell who it was) was getting a big cushion. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I believed during the game chat I made a comment about the camera 1 (broadcast view) angle and how for a new stadium it was horrible.

Upon further thought it makes sense for Indy to have bad angles at home so the bad calls, in their favor, stick and won't be overturned upon further review.

I'm not one who believes in conspiracy's in fact I thought a lot of posters were crazy but the more Sh!t that doesn't add up actually adds up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Forum Post: Re: Patriot and Colts game thread at 11/15/2009 9:59 PM EST
    Why is the camera not lineup up with the ball?  Its a brand new stadium they don't have a moveable camera on a rail?