What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday?

This isn't about whether or not you want Westbrook in a Pats uniform, but Westbrook fits the bill of past Patriot FA qualities.

1. Great player a couple of seasons ago
    2. 30 years old
    3. injury issues that have most teams considering him washed up.
    4. Low cost.
    5. Can play multiple positions, such as slot WR or RB.
    6. Considered a team player with no baggage.

I say Westbrook will be in Foxboro by friday.  This is a prediction, not my personal preference.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday?

In Response to What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday?:
    This isn't about whether or not you want Westbrook in a Pats uniform, but Westbrook fits the bill of past Patriot FA qualities.   1. Great player a couple of seasons ago 2. 30 years old 3. injury issues that have most teams considering him washed up. 4. Low cost. 5. Can play multiple positions, such as slot WR or RB. 6. Considered a team player with no baggage. I say Westbrook will be in Foxboro by friday.  This is a prediction, not my personal preference.
    Posted by BBRULES23

The only way I see him in Foxboro is as a replacement for Faulk

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

No chance at all. For too many reasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I agree with titletown, not enough balls to catch for both Westie and Faulk since they are both change of pace type guys and too similar. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday?:
    In Response to What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday? : The only way I see him in Foxboro is as a replacement for Faulk
    Posted by titletownfan

Faulk isn't going anywhere, but Westbook of the past was an every down back. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

In Response to Re: What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday?:
    In Response to Re: What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday? : Faulk isn't going anywhere, but Westbook of the past was an every down back. 
    Posted by BBRULES23

The key here is "of the past"  Westbrook has way too much milage and way to many injuries to be a #1 back in the NFL today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

I dont see it happening, BB knows he has to get an EVERY down back. The last 2 years have shown nothing but injury prone washed up runningbacks and a bust with Laura M.
    He needs fresh meat!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

We have geriatrics on the team already.  We need fresh legs.  Draft one this year and next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

if the Patriots are going to get a RB (which I think they need - but not as much as a  DE/OLB, RT, RG, S, and CB) - they may as well pay the moolah and get Jones or trade up to pick up a RB in the draft. Shootz, they need a punter too....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Heck for all we know the Patriots will invite LDT,Westbrook,Thomas Jones and Mike Bell in for tryouts as soon as possible. I would say that Westbrook has a chance of showing up in foxboro because at least he hasn't bad mouthed BB,and the same would hold true for Mike Bell although in his case I'm sure that Shanahan has already whispered in his ears.Thomas Jones would be a better fit in cleveland with his buddie Mangina and from all the BS being slung on the 4 letter network LDT will have to wait for a shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

We have geriatrics on the team already.  We need fresh legs.  Draft one this year and next.
    Posted by garytx

Did you hear about the Pats signing Patten?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I dont see it happening, BB knows he has to get an EVERY down back. The last 2 years have shown nothing but injury prone washed up runningbacks and a bust with Laura M. He needs fresh meat!
    Posted by Stompper

The Pats might need fresh meat, but year after year it doesn't seem to translate.  Didn't Seau say he was finished with football like three years ago?  I hope he changes his phone number this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday? : The key here is "of the past"  Westbrook has way too much milage and way to many injuries to be a #1 back in the NFL today.
    Posted by titletownfan

Galloway, Seau, Taylor and plenty of others.  Just looking at past offseason pickups.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday? : Did you hear about the Pats signing Patten?
    Posted by BBRULES23

The WR spot is a little bit different than the RB spot.  Patten I don't believe is being asked to do much.  Just back up and maybe get cut when it's all over.  If the RBs were a couple of younger guys and you brought in an older guy I have no problem with that.  But the RBs outside of Maroney are already on the down side of their carrers.  Westbrook is more of the same.  He has taken a lot of punishment and his body will not hold up during the course of the season.  Maroney's not so durable himself.  Draft one this year and hopefully the next.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Westbrook is decent all-around-back but his real productive days are over. Too many injuries ect. Pats need a young, fast, and powerful back that can handle 20 to 25 touches a game. Pats would be wasting their time with this guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Some chance, but highly doubtful.  NE doesnt have the same "shine" that it had a few years back.  I think people still respect this team, but they are not feared around the league like they used to be.  So if he is looking to sign with a contender, there are plenty of other options.  I can see him going to Baltimore.  I believe he is from maryland and they seem to be the new attraction for some of these veterans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Westbrook is too risky with brain problems.....if he gets git real good one more time he could be a veggie......

As for the Patten comment, he had other issues and plays a different position....a position that is more difficult to fill....

I can't see it happening....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

I think he is a good fit as a 3rd down back who is just like kevin fualk...only a little more elussive....if Fualk out I think he is in...he also would give us wr depth he could line up as our 4th or 5th wr.. id rather see them get Thomas Jones

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we should at least work him out, if he is healthy he is bound to be better than morris and should cost just a little bit more. I say go for it, or RB's are in bad shape, I would bring in westbrook (if healthy) and draft dwyer/gerhart/spiller making our RB core Faulk, taylor, westbrook, maroney, and a rookie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

i think we should at least work him out, if he is healthy he is bound to be better than morris and should cost just a little bit more. I say go for it, or RB's are in bad shape, I would bring in westbrook (if healthy) and draft dwyer/gerhart/spiller making our RB core Faulk, taylor, westbrook, maroney, and a rookie.
    Posted by natesubs

I would prefer the Pats move up and draft spiller, but I predict it's not going to happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday?:
    This isn't about whether or not you want Westbrook in a Pats uniform, but Westbrook fits the bill of past Patriot FA qualities.   1. Great player a couple of seasons ago 2. 30 years old 3. injury issues that have most teams considering him washed up. 4. Low cost. 5. Can play multiple positions, such as slot WR or RB. 6. Considered a team player with no baggage. I say Westbrook will be in Foxboro by friday.  This is a prediction, not my personal preference.
    Posted by BBRULES23

You seem to think that this team is a quick fix or two away from returning to SB form. You are wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Slim and none.  Westbrook won't go to a team that plays on any kind of artificial surface.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to What are the chances Brian Westbrook is with the Pats on Friday? : You seem to think that this team is a quick fix or two away from returning to SB form. You are wrong.
    Posted by CubanPete

Okay I'm wrong.  It's like thinking a 5-11 team in last place could ever win a superbowl the next season. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Westbrook has concussion history. I thought the NFL has a new policy with that, mandatory games off after reoccurences?

he hasn't been a 16 gamer for the last 4 years.

I agree with m2010us !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Westbrook would have to take Faulk's spot on the team. The Pats would rather have Faulk. Westbrook will not be on the pats.