What are YOU doing for the SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

What are YOU doing for the SB?

I'm flying up to New England with my GF (who is visiting from Holland).

It's too big a game to watch at home with two people. 

It's gonna be a party!

How about you guys? Any special plans?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: What are YOU doing for the SB?

None of your business

Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Mighty already celebrated the Super Bowl. We won by 63 points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

It's my wife's birthday.  Will watch the game with her, my parents, maybe an uncle.  Low key.  She didn't want a big, splashy party, so she gets what she wants.

Our neighbor is a season ticket holder and he is having a Pats rally party on Saturday.  So may go there, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

Mighty has to greet at wallmart,sundays wallmart depends on mighty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I will be watching it with mostly family and some friends.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I must watch it alone. I am not good company when things are going badly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No parties when the Pats play.

I watch in solace with a quarter ounce of purple kush and 6 pack of Red stripe.

Probably wont even eat...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I will be in section 453 row 2. Driving to Indy in the am.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm staying home Z.  Funny, I watched the first playoff game in Holland (all-night sports bars in Amsterdam) and was in the stands in Foxboro for the AFC championship.  After all the travel, I'm really looking forward to a weekend without airplanes, nestled comfortably in my easy chair here in the Greater Toronto Area. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Watch with family and friends. It's as much a social event as a football game nowadays. Took Monday off so I could enjoy the festivities on Sunday Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB?:
    [QUOTE]I must watch it alone. I am not good company when things are going badly.
    Posted by xBruzer77[/QUOTE]
    yep, got a friend or two who go absolutely bananas when things aren't going well. The f-bomb didn't go over to well with other families that had little ones.....lol

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I have been deployed or at a school for every Pats SB since 01.  I saw the 96 game.  I though I would see the game in 07, I was in Iraq and the game came on at 3am I think so I set my alarm.  We were a day crew and another team covered the night shift.  At 2:30am we were woke up for a mission (night crew was already on a mission).  I was so excited about the game I thought everyone was messing with me about there being a mission but they weren't.  I left and got back in the fourth quarter.  It was the only time that deployment we had a night mission.

This year I'm deployed to a range in Germany for Medevac coverage.  We don't plan to fly on SB sunday (which is really like 1am monday) and hopefully we don't get any medevac calls.  I expect to be watching the game.  2 bad things, no SB commercials on armed forces network (they make their own horrible commercials), nobody delivers pizza at 1am.  We all bought frozen pizzas.

Actually 3 bad things, no drinking during Medevac coverage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Watching (in shorts!) with friends in southern style in NC: baby back ribs, oyster roast, disgusting amounts of cheese, taco dip, buffalo chicken dip, swedish meatballs....and I guess veggies.  Maybe beer....maybe Laughing.  Unfortunately, will have to view with a good buddy who is a Giants fan and watched the Superbowl with me back in 2007-2008....that was a bad day....this one will be better, I can feel it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Probably wont even eat...lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    What?  Pigging out on fatty foods are part of the Super Bowl experience!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'll be watching it with my 2 sons, cooped up in our Patriot Media room (pictures forthcoming), teaching them the intricacies of how to stuff a sentence with as much profanity as possible. This is done inbetween bites of some great BBQ here in Dallas. This applies to when they are doing well, and when they are doing not so well.

On a side note...My 2 year old can't stop saying "Timmy Tebow" after the Broncos game. Every time he sees a QB, he screams, "Timmy Tebow", even if it's Brady. My older son knows better. I keep the little one around for comical relief during the SB when it gets too tense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB? : yep, got a friend or two who go absolutely bananas when things aren't going well. The f-bomb didn't go over to well with other families that had little ones.....lol
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I am pretty bad. I will through my hat on the floor and walk out of the room. If they are up by 2 TD's then I am cool. I don't even want my 8 year old boy asking questions. Either ask during commercials or wait.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Since I live in upstate NY and would probably get into a fight if I went out to a bar I'll watch it at home with some beer, munchies and a joint as big as Wilfork.

Whatever the outcome I will wear my Pats Flying Elvis sweatshirt and my Pat Patriot cap to work on Monday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I have been deployed or at a school for every Pats SB since 01.  I saw the 96 game.  I though I would see the game in 07, I was in Iraq and the game came on at 3am I think so I set my alarm.  We were a day crew and another team covered the night shift.  At 2:30am we were woke up for a mission (night crew was already on a mission).  I was so excited about the game I thought everyone was messing with me about there being a mission but they weren't.  I left and got back in the fourth quarter.  It was the only time that deployment we had a night mission. This year I'm deployed to a range in Germany for Medevac coverage.  We don't plan to fly on SB sunday (which is really like 1am monday) and hopefully we don't get any medevac calls.  I expect to be watching the game.  2 bad things, no SB commercials on armed forces network (they make their own horrible commercials), nobody delivers pizza at 1am.  We all bought frozen pizzas. Actually 3 bad things, no drinking during Medevac coverage.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Wow that stinks Shenanigan. I'm crossing my fingers for you.  A friend of mine was deployed in S Korea during the 07' SB. He had me ship him out 50lbs of Red Bones BBQ ribs, pork, and chicken in dry ice with sauce on the side. Appearently it was a big hit over there and they had a mini BBQ

BTW thank you

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are YOU doing for the SB? : Wow that stinks Shenanigan. I'm crossing my fingers for you.  A friend of mine was deployed in S Korea during the 07' SB. He had me ship him out 50lbs of Red Bones BBQ ribs, pork, and chicken in dry ice with sauce on the side. Appearently it was a big hit over there and they had a mini BBQ BTW thank you
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    It ain't bad, If I was at home then the wife and kids wouldn't want to get up to watch it so I'll end up watching with some people. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]Since I live in upstate NY and would probably get into a fight if I went out to a bar I'll watch it at home with some beer, munchies and a joint as big as Wilfork. Whatever the outcome I will wear my Pats Flying Elvis sweatshirt and my Pat Patriot cap to work on Monday.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

I used to live in upstate NY (Onieda) in the 60's. Still have some friends from there and they hate the Pats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I have family coming in from Manchester, England Saturday.  Terrible timing, but the trip was planned long ago and family is family. 

I will be watching the game with a house full of people who don't understand American football.  All the fellas are getting together at a friend's house and watching the game on a huge TV while eating wings, steaks, fajitas and having a few bevvys.  I'll be explaining the rules to everyone and trying to pretend that I'm not envious of my friends and their meat, beer and testosterone fest.  Lucky me. 

"Uncle L, what team are you cheering on?"  Ughhh...    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Super Bowl is the girlfriend and my third year anniversary, we're going to a rager hosted by a Pats fan who happens to be a chef. Since we're in Florida Cuban cigars will be the post game dessert.