What Brady really did in 42&46.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: What Brady really did in 42&46.

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB is a casual fan and thats ok, but he needs to let that go when everyone but  him admits it. Same as Rusty holding on to his Brady agenda looking foolish every week but once a year when Brady has a bad game...lol

[/QUOTE]

Being called a casual fan from someone who just started posting this year and has 516 posts is funny.  You are a funny dude.  Let me say something about being a fan, while I have favorites players it doesn't keep me from putting blinders on and not being objective even when my favorite player is in question.  Brady made a bad throw, had he made the correct throw none of this would even be talked about.  Could Welker have made the catch, probably but it's is a very, very low percentage catch with what he had to do to adjust to the ball. 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I know people like to look at avatars and make assumptions so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but Child Plea!  I been posting before waaay before this year. I was posting before Texpats and Azpats became lunatics because of too many postseason losses. I have been banned 3 time. Ive been here for years as JayShizzle45 and patsfan76 and STILLBALLIN before that going back to 2005. None of that matters anyway because last I checked your football credibility and knowledge is not determined by wether or not you post on a stupid forum so you lost there buddy. I like you as  a poster so I dont wanna seem like im attacking you but u are wrong about me and it was a bad attempt to sidetrack the point at hand. I dont wish  to change your opinion and you probably never will so let me try this. Do you think you are right and everyone else in the world is wrong??  Sorry to have to put it this way but please find a real football expert that agrees with you and present him/her.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok TFB, keep saying the same thing over and over while not responding to our detailed analysis of the coverage and the route.

Us:  The Giants were in Cover 3 but the corner didn't get the call and left a big hole in the zone exactly where Brady threw it.

TFB12:  Go watch the play again.

Us:  Giants #26 was in pursuit of Welker from behind and to the inside when Brady threw the ball, so Brady threw the ball outside and in front of Welker.

TFB12:  But here is a pic of where #26 was after the ball was released and well on its way to Welker.

Us:  The center field safety was ahead of Welker to the inside, and was in position to intercept/break-up a pass thrown to Welker's inside.

TFB12:  But he didn't.

Us:  Because Brady threw the ball away from the safety, thus depriving the safety of the ability to make a play on the ball or the receiver.

[/QUOTE]

GO watch the play again.  You must have not watched it since the SB and you are going off your failed memory.  GO WATCH THE PLAY AGAIN and then revisit this thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ok TFB, keep saying the same thing over and over while not responding to our detailed analysis of the coverage and the route.

Us:  The Giants were in Cover 3 but the corner didn't get the call and left a big hole in the zone exactly where Brady threw it.

Us:  Giants #26 was in pursuit of Welker from behind and to the inside when Brady threw the ball, so Brady threw the ball outside and in front of Welker.

TFB12:  But here is a pic of where #26 was after the ball was released and well on its way to Welker.

Us:  The center field safety was ahead of Welker to the inside, and was in position to intercept/break-up a pass thrown to Welker's inside.

Us:  Because Brady threw the ball away from the safety, thus depriving the safety of the ability to make a play on the ball or the receiver.

[/QUOTE]

GO watch the play again.  You must have not watched it since the SB and you are going off your failed memory.  GO WATCH THE PLAY AGAIN and then revisit this thread.

[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke?  I have watched the play a million times like every other Pats fan.  Are any of my statements false?  How do you respond to them?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It really doesn't matter if we think it was a bad throw by Brady or a poor adjustment by Welker. the bottom line is that Welker had both hands around the football and dropped it.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, it's still a low percentage catch if you take into consideration what Welker had to do to catch the ball.  Stop his momentum, turn around backwards in the air while making a 180 degree turn and then try to catch a ball that is not only terribly thrown but is way to high.  All you people who are going off the pop warner notion of if you can touch it you can catch it, it just isn't the case when you have to make adjustments like Welker did.  Had Welker been standing there facing the ball to begin with then yes, it should have been caught.  But for all he had to do, a very low percentage catch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TFB is a casual fan and thats ok, but he needs to let that go when everyone but  him admits it. Same as Rusty holding on to his Brady agenda looking foolish every week but once a year when Brady has a bad game...lol

[/QUOTE]

Being called a casual fan from someone who just started posting this year and has 516 posts is funny.  You are a funny dude.  Let me say something about being a fan, while I have favorites players it doesn't keep me from putting blinders on and not being objective even when my favorite player is in question.  Brady made a bad throw, had he made the correct throw none of this would even be talked about.  Could Welker have made the catch, probably but it's is a very, very low percentage catch with what he had to do to adjust to the ball. 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I know people like to look at avatars and make assumptions so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but Child Plea!  I been posting before waaay before this year. I was posting before Texpats and Azpats became lunatics because of too many postseason losses. I have been banned 3 time. Ive been here for years as JayShizzle45 and patsfan76 and STILLBALLIN before that going back to 2005. None of that matters anyway because last I checked your football credibility and knowledge is not determined by wether or not you post on a stupid forum so you lost there buddy. I like you as  a poster so I dont wanna seem like im attacking you but u are wrong about me and it was a bad attempt to sidetrack the point at hand. I dont wish  to change your opinion and you probably never will so let me try this. Do you think you are right and everyone else in the world is wrong??  Sorry to have to put it this way but please find a real football expert that agrees with you and present him/her.

[/QUOTE]
    Shizz!  No way!  I thought you were looooooooooong gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady made a bad read, at the time he threw the ball he should have seen he could have hit Wlker in stride.  Nobody around him to make the play.  The pictures I posted show this.

It doesn't matter, again, nobody was in a position to make a play on the ball had Brady thrown to the inside shoulder.  Welker had easily 2 yards of seperation and getting more at the time Brady threw the ball.

No he wasn't!  I already explained this.  He was taking the angle to where he would tackle Welker at the 15.  He wasn'ty going to make a play on the ball ever, you could clearly see this the whole time the play was developing.  Welker burned the D, and the "Center-Fielder" as you say wasn never in position to intercept or break up the pass.

Once again, you are being ignorant here, the defender wasn't even close to where he could make a play on the ball.  You can clearly see this as the play developes with the angle he is taking the whole time.  No need to have Welker make any adjustments had he thrown to the inside shoulder.  How do you not understand this? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke?  I have watched the play a million times like every other Pats fan.  Are any of my statements false?  How do you respond to them?

Apparently not, or you are either blind or stuborn.

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It really doesn't matter if we think it was a bad throw by Brady or a poor adjustment by Welker. the bottom line is that Welker had both hands around the football and dropped it.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, it's still a low percentage catch if you take into consideration what Welker had to do to catch the ball.  Stop his momentum, turn around backwards in the air while making a 180 degree turn and then try to catch a ball that is not only terribly thrown but is way to high.  All you people who are going off the pop warner notion of if you can touch it you can catch it, it just isn't the case when you have to make adjustments like Welker did.  Had Welker been standing there facing the ball to begin with then yes, it should have been caught.  But for all he had to do, a very low percentage catch.

[/QUOTE]

Because Welker didn't adjust his route correctly in response to the coverage.  The Pats receivers run option routes - they adjust to the coverage.  It's a well known fact for the Pats that the coverage dictates where the ball is thrown.   We have mapped out for you several times exactly why the Giants' coverage dictated that the ball be thrown where it was.  Are you going to respond to our specific points or not?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Points scored" counts for something as well right, that's important...?

[/QUOTE]

Just as important as the number of drives you have.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats got the ball 9 times in last years Super Bowl.  The Giants had the ball 9 times, one of which was a kneel down before the half so technically they had the ball 8 times.  The Pats turned it over twice.  That was the game.  This number of possessions stuff is baloney.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have never been banned as long as I have been here.  A lot of people have not been banned, ever!  So I must ask, why have you been banned?   Trolling?  Attacking people? Not able to get along with other posters?  Please tell!

Do I think I am right and everyone else is wrong?  I know a lot of people who agree with me.  There have been many discussions about this on here and I'm not the only person who thinks it was a bad throw and should have been to the inside shoulder.  Either you don't bother reading or you are are too busy getting banned or you aren't paying attention.  Watch the play again.  If you take into consideration what I have said here, it would surprise me if you didn't change your mind or at least say, yes, it probably could have been thrown differently.  Instead, you like several others have your rose colored glasses on and can't seem to put blame where it should be.  I keep rewatching, taking into consideration what some are saying and they are just flat out wrong.  I'm not being ignorant, I'm being realistic!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady made a bad read, at the time he threw the ball he should have seen he could have hit Wlker in stride.  Nobody around him to make the play.  The pictures I posted show this.

It doesn't matter, again, nobody was in a position to make a play on the ball had Brady thrown to the inside shoulder.  Welker had easily 2 yards of seperation and getting more at the time Brady threw the ball.

No he wasn't!  I already explained this.  He was taking the angle to where he would tackle Welker at the 15.  He wasn'ty going to make a play on the ball ever, you could clearly see this the whole time the play was developing.  Welker burned the D, and the "Center-Fielder" as you say wasn never in position to intercept or break up the pass.

Once again, you are being ignorant here, the defender wasn't even close to where he could make a play on the ball.  You can clearly see this as the play developes with the angle he is taking the whole time.  No need to have Welker make any adjustments had he thrown to the inside shoulder.  How do you not understand this? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apparently not, or you are either blind or stuborn.

[/QUOTE]

1.  Brady made the perfect read.  Cover 3 with a blown coverage in one of the zones.  Brady threw to the uncovered zone.  How is this a bad read?

2.  Welker was gaining separation from #26 down the field and to the outside.  So Brady threw down the field to the outside.

3.  The safety was moving to tackle at the 15 because he was reacting to where the ball was thrown.  If the ball is thrown differently, the safety reacts differently.

Again, the pictures you posted are after the ball is thrown and therefore irrelevant to how the ball should have been thrown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Pats got the ball 9 times in last years Super Bowl.  The Giants had the ball 9 times, one of which was a kneel down before the half so technically they had the ball 8 times.  The Pats turned it over twice.  That was the game.  This number of possessions stuff is baloney.

[/QUOTE]

Bump...

Babe, Pezz, Prolate or any others who believe in the number of possession BS that's been floating around here... sorry, that you've all perpetuated.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201202050nwe.htm

Here's the box score above with the play by play chart, feel free to count the number of possessions just like I did.  The Giant's actually had one less possession if you take away the kneel down before the half.  The difference in the game was two turnovers by the Pats.  

Points scored, point against and turnovers... the only stats that matter.

Game over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

another thread to bash the patriots.....  when we win this year and the whole team plays great there will be some miserable people here. are all boston fans this negative?

[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? This thread is about Brady and the true merit of his play in the 2 SB losses. Any comments about the abysmal failures of the D are secondary observations and not central to the thrust of the thread.

If you find anybody on the face of the Earth who thinks a defensive collapse in the last minutes of a SB is a good thing, let me know.

[/QUOTE]

Baby you missed his point, it's Patriots bashing whether it's about Brady or the D.  Let's leave this losses in the past and talk about this year to this point or the up coming game on Sunday.  Brady's legacy will be as one of if not the great QB of all time when all is said and done.  All threads like this do is give Rusty and plateform for his whining.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because Welker didn't adjust his route correctly in response to the coverage.  The Pats receivers run option routes - they adjust to the coverage.  It's a well known fact for the Pats that the coverage dictates where the ball is thrown.   We have mapped out for you several times exactly why the Giants' coverage dictated that the ball be thrown where it was.  Are you going to respond to our specific points or not?

[/QUOTE]

so you are basically saying Wes is no better than the average pop warner player and yet you are lobbying that we pay this man like a # 1 WR.  Now that we have got past the fact he had his hands on it, you choose to focus on what he did before he got his hands on the ball??!?!?  Are you really serious. The guy goes over the middle and catches passes in front of Mad, Hungry 260 lb Linebackers ALL the time and by your estimation no one was near him and you think thats a harder catch?? sorry noone is gonna agree and Im still waiting for you to find one expert that does and until then, I think its a mute point to argue.  This is a matter of YOUR opinion that the catch was too hard for a proffesional football player to make while I think Im capable of making the catch myself. Just a disconnect, thats all and dont forget Brady was after the Tuck hit and his percentage went down so if it wasnt an ideal pass, he has a reason but why did Wes not catch the ball.???  Everyone knows but you. Its called Not being Clutch, Choking, etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

1.  Brady made the perfect read.  Cover 3 with a blown coverage in one of the zones.  Brady threw to the uncovered zone.  How is this a bad read?

No he didn't.  It was blown coverage all around Welker.  Brady could have thrown it into any "zone" around Welker and completed that pass.  It would be a safe bet that maybe 99 out of 100 times Brady throws that ball inside shoulder.  Bad Read!!

2.  Welker was gaining separation from #26 down the field and to the outside.  So Brady threw down the field to the outside.

And this is the whole problem and what you seem to not understand!  Why should Welker adjust his route when an adjustment wasn't needed?  Put the ball on the inside shoulder where it should have gone and possibly end the game. He could have and should have made the much easier throw to the inside shoulder and hit Welker in stride because the throw was there to be made, the safety was out of position and couldn't make a play on the ball, and Welker knew that and I'm pretty sure that's why he didn't change his route.  Why chnage your route when it isn't needed?  The safety was out of position and is why he was taking the angle he did.  Brady made a bad read. 

3.  The safety was moving to tackle at the 15 because he was reacting to where the ball was thrown.  If the ball is thrown differently, the safety reacts differently.

NO, NO, NO!!  He was reacting to where he believed the ball was going to be thrown.  Like I have said a million times, watch the play again.  You clearly see that the Safety had that angle all along and I am almost 100% positive it was because he thought the ball would be thrown to the inside shoulder and he was going to have to make the tackle because there was no way he would have been able to make the play on the ball.  If he was reacting to where the ball was thrown he probably would have went right after Welker with a different angle.  Even if Wes catches that ball he is falling down.  So why is the Safety taking the angle he took?  Because I am pretty sure he was anticipating a inside shoulder pass.

Again, the pictures you posted are after the ball is thrown and therefore irrelevant to how the ball should have been thrown.

Thats why I have watched it over and over again the last two days to make sure the pictures tell the whole story, which they pretty much do.  Maybe you should do the same and review the actual play on tv.  The pictures paint a very good picture of how the whole play played out, they were out of position when the ball left Bradys hand and by the time the ball gets to Welker they are still way out of position, this is with Welker having to stop and turn backwards on a dime while duing a 180 degree turn in the air and reaching high for the ball.  The defenders in the picture actually catch up a little bit at the time the ball arrives to Welker and they are still out of position.  So the pictures make even a stronger case.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have never been banned as long as I have been here.  A lot of people have not been banned, ever!  So I must ask, why have you been banned?   Trolling?  Attacking people? Not able to get along with other posters?  Please tell!

Do I think I am right and everyone else is wrong?  I know a lot of people who agree with me.  There have been many discussions about this on here and I'm not the only person who thinks it was a bad throw and should have been to the inside shoulder.  Either you don't bother reading or you are are too busy getting banned or you aren't paying attention.  Watch the play again.  If you take into consideration what I have said here, it would surprise me if you didn't change your mind or at least say, yes, it probably could have been thrown differently.  Instead, you like several others have your rose colored glasses on and can't seem to put blame where it should be.  I keep rewatching, taking into consideration what some are saying and they are just flat out wrong.  I'm not being ignorant, I'm being realistic!

[/QUOTE]

Dude I dont wanna go back and watch because this has been re-hashed a millions times. I watched it over and over. Is it gonna change if I watch it now? My opinion is my opinion. I wish I could tell you why I was banned. You are here to watch me post and you know I only attack Rusty because he is always on here lying, attacking, plagerizing,etc so i call him out. Like I said before, i like u as a poster(no homo) and so we need to just disagree because you are taking it too personal. IN over 7 years ive only managed to make a couple enemies..actually like 9 but they are all rusty in the form of different accounts. I will not change my stance and I HAVE read all your posts going back to february. I just Disagree. Besides Rusty, please go find these people who agree with you.(not your family) and present them or atleast find one proffesional football anaylist/past player who agrees and I will give you some credit. I get that he had to adjust I just dont get why you think thats NOT part of football and NOT still  a routine play. I have seen him make much harder catches.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Giants didn't think the number of possessions was baloney.

As a matter of fact I'm shocked a run guy like you can even be saying this. It is football 101 going way back in the NFL that "ball control" is the remedy to the other guy having a high powered offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No he didn't.  It was blown coverage all around Welker.  Brady could have thrown it into any "zone" around Welker and completed that pass.  It would be a safe bet that maybe 99 out of 100 times Brady throws that ball inside shoulder.  Bad Read!!

And this is the whole problem and what you seem to not understand!  Why should Welker adjust his route when an adjustment wasn't needed?  Put the ball on the inside shoulder where it should have gone and possibly end the game. He could have and should have made the much easier throw to the inside shoulder and hit Welker in stride because the throw was there to be made, the safety was out of position and couldn't make a play on the ball, and Welker knew that and I'm pretty sure that's why he didn't change his route.  Why chnage your route when it isn't needed?  The safety was out of position and is why he was taking the angle he did.  Brady made a bad read. 

NO, NO, NO!!  He was reacting to where he believed the ball was going to be thrown.  Like I have said a million times, watch the play again.  You clearly see that the Safety had that angle all along and I am almost 100% positive it was because he thought the ball would be thrown to the inside shoulder and he was going to have to make the tackle because there was no way he would have been able to make the play on the ball.  If he was reacting to where the ball was thrown he probably would have went right after Welker with a different angle.  Even if Wes catches that ball he is falling down.  So why is the Safety taking the angle he took?  Because I am pretty sure he was anticipating a inside shoulder pass.

Thats why I have watched it over and over again the last two days to make sure the pictures tell the whole story, which they pretty much do.  Maybe you should do the same and review the actual play on tv.  The pictures paint a very good picture of how the whole play played out, they were out of position when the ball left Bradys hand and by the time the ball gets to Welker they are still way out of position, this is with Welker having to stop and turn backwards on a dime while duing a 180 degree turn in the air and reaching high for the ball.  The defenders in the picture actually catch up a little bit at the time the ball arrives to Welker and they are still out of position.  So the pictures make even a stronger case.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TFB! This is what me and Mighty are saying. You have to analyse everything and if you dont even know the coverage that the Giants were playing you cant make a reasonable asessment. The FACT is the Giants were in cover 3 and only ONE guy missed the call and was doing something different so you cant say the whole defense was out of position, only ONE guy was so even though he created a void, the center fielder was still playing his responsibility to the center field in cover 3, hence the throw to the back shoulder. Still pics wont paint that story. Do I have to break out the Belistrator for you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nonsense. Brady threw it to the middle of the 3 defenders. Wes was closest to the deeper safety. Brady threw it where the 3 defenders had the least chance of getting it and Welker had the only chance of getting it.

There was no bad read. That's pure hot air.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

another thread to bash the patriots.....  when we win this year and the whole team plays great there will be some miserable people here. are all boston fans this negative?

[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? This thread is about Brady and the true merit of his play in the 2 SB losses. Any comments about the abysmal failures of the D are secondary observations and not central to the thrust of the thread.

If you find anybody on the face of the Earth who thinks a defensive collapse in the last minutes of a SB is a good thing, let me know.

[/QUOTE]

Baby you missed his point, it's Patriots bashing whether it's about Brady or the D.  Let's leave this losses in the past and talk about this year to this point or the up coming game on Sunday.  Brady's legacy will be as one of if not the great QB of all time when all is said and done.  All threads like this do is give Rusty and plateform for his whining.

[/QUOTE]

Get back to me when you convince Rusty to stop bashing Brady for his postseason play of recent years and maybe we can move on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bump...

Babe, Pezz, Prolate or any others who believe in the number of possession BS that's been floating around here... sorry, that you've all perpetuated.

Here's the box score above with the play by play chart, feel free to count the number of possessions just like I did.  The Giant's actually had one less possession if you take away the kneel down before the half.  The difference in the game was two turnovers by the Pats.  

Game over.

[/QUOTE]

The difference was no turnovers by our D. And... the Giants gladly having less overall possessions in the game against a team with a high powered offense. (Even without Gronk)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bump...

Game over.

[/QUOTE]

First of all there were = amount of possessions for each team. 

You can't remove the kneel down at the half as not a possession.  There was a punt or KO and a logged play  ( what they did with is is irrelevant).  It's still a possession if ended by time.  There are a few things that end possessions, failure to advance 10 yrds in 4 downs, a T/O or time ending.

If you want to remove it then you also have to remove the 1st play by the pats which was also a punt and 1 play.  Both lasted under 16 seconds

You either count them both or you don't.

If you want to count those 12 and 16 second plays as possessions, that would be justified and you can say there were 9. (technically)  But what you cant do is remove one and not the other,  That's just BS!

The major problem in the game was the D's inability to get off the field in double the time they should have  That is the end all be all!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Ok TFB12, you're the picture man, we need some pictures to settle this, lol.  All 22 Cam is the best way to go but we can extract the info we need from this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT6XziIQ5RI

The moment when Brady decides to throw is toward the end of 0:01 when Welker is at about the 38 yard line.  Can you get a screenshot of this?

You can see the same moment from a different angel focusing on Welker at the 38 yard line at 0:08.  Another screenshot please?

Even if you can't, look at the coverage at 0:08 when Welker is at the 38 yard line. Giants #26 is just as far down the field as Welker, keeping pace with him, and he is a yard or two to the inside of Welker.  This is what Brady sees when he is making the decision to throw.  A defender stride for stride with Welker but to his inside.  So Brady threw it outside.  Seriously what is there to argue?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Also, look at how fast all 3 defenders converge on Welker.  The outside corner gets a hand on the ball as it bounces.  The game is fast, and players are not as open as we like to pretend they are.