What did you think of the jets draft? please leave all bias at the door.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What did you think of the jets draft? please leave all bias at the door.

Listen I hate the Jets as much as the enxt guy but I dont let that get in the way when it comes to calling them as i see them. I thought the Jets had a very good draft. I think Rex Ryan made a huge splash in his first draft. Of course all of our first instincts is to say "oh well Sanchez will be a bust" but once I let that pass and really thought about it i think they made a great move. Sanchez will end up having a better career then stafford, thats what i think.

I dont think Sanchez will have a great record when it comes to playing the Pats as I dont think he will be able to out think us on the field. But he will be a solid NFL QB for years to come. The team he has around him is solid and i have been saying for weeks that we should not look past the jets defense. If that D can stay stout and let sanchez come along slowly they copuld have a good year. Maybe not a playoff year but a good year. I think those of us who are saying Sanchez will be a bust are speaking too soon, he is a top 10 prospect no doubt and the jets got him thats a big deal. He has that swagger, that "it" factor about him that will make him a good NFL QB.

They took Shawn Springs in round 3 and this kid was one of the best Rbs in teh draft, at least thats what i think. he is a work horse of a running back and could end up being a very good NFL RB. Giving Sanchez a great 3 back system with Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, and now Shawn Springs. A good running game and a good D could mean a good season for the Jets. I dont like it but thats what i think. I think saying bad things about teh jets just for the sake of saying them is bogus and stupid. If you really think they had a sh* t draft please back it up with some reasons for why they had a bad draft. i think they had a pretty good draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: What did you think of the jets draft? please leave all bias at the door.

They had the riskiest draft in the league. Sanchez is probably the most likely of all QBs to be a good starting QB. The problem with QBs, it's at best a coin flip.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thats true all I am saying is way too many people are quick to sh*t all over teh jets draft just because they hate Leon and its BS. They didnt have a A+++++ draft but they had a pretty good one. Sanchez should be a good draft pick and Springs has real upside.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

There are questions on all their picks. Sanchez is one that we really can't judge for a few years unless he implodes or he does amazing. Shonn Green was potentially a good pick. He was a very productive last year, but he's a concern in terms of measurables. He is so slow. After that, they only had one pick, a guard in the 6th round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No1BadGuy. Show No1BadGuy's posts

The Jets are the Jets.

Even before they drafted Shawn Ellis with the pick they got for BB, it has been a love hate between the regions since the Tuna left us and took Curtis with him.

While they have plenty of overall talent on their roster, their overall lack of speed on the outside is why they will continue to struggle.

Washington & Jones both want new deals and if they hold out that could be trouble not to mention potentially costly from a cap standpoint.

If you ask me their best off season move was getting Sheppard for a 5th rounder.

The bottom line is that Sanchez played in a conference that never has any top 10 defenses and he could not send Bootty to the bench when he got there.

Also because of all the money they have tossed around in the past 15 months, their lack of cap flexibility is going to come into play sooner rather than later..

I think they struggle to duplicate their 9-7 record because I don't see them starting 8-3 like last season..

PS: So the new system won't let you type bootty spelled correctly?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

i think it was quite a risk giving away two players and 3 picks to move that far up. but if they feel they answered all of their problems besides QB through FA, and they considered this a very weak draft class (which the overall opinion is that it is) then I don't see a problem with taking that risk this season.

only problem is that if it doesn't pan out, they haven't made any effort to pad themselves in the 2010 draft to make up for it.

i think sanchez will be fine. i think their running game will be as good as it was last year. i also think their defense is going to be a lot tougher. but maybe sanchez (if he plays like the Jets hope he does) is what they need to get over the hump and into the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think Sanchez brings that "it" factor to the Jets and gives them their swagger back. Thats D already look tough now add in the possibility that Ryan gets something out Gholston and they look even better. This could be a good draft class for teh jets even if onlu Sanchez pans out its still a good draft. Now if Sanchez never pans out then fine call him what you want but dont call him a bust just cause he is a Jet. I had a lot of questions about him at the beginning of the off season but the closer we got to the draft the more he looked teh part.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Did anybody else hear about Sanchez being a predicted bust?  I want to say Kiper said it but I just don't remember.  It could have been on the NFL network that I heard it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, they got the guy everybody knew they were targeting, so in that respect Green New Jersey had a good draft. People who claim to know about such things (most notably his college coach and a pre-eminent draft guru -- if that's what you believe Kiper is) doubt Sanchez is ready for the next level, but you can take that or leave it, I suppose. The running back should be okay. Other than that, what did they get, besides bounced from the second round next year?

Jests fan is probably happy, but I don't think this draft was anything particularly special.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'll take the middle road.  Sanchez will hit his prime in his third year and maybe will keep getting better.  Either that or he'll learn to become gunshy from being rushed onto the field on the first possible game, without any real pro mentor in the Jets organization.  It happens a lot.  Who is going to teach him to play?

This year, Sanchez will be a rook, and he will telegraph his passes with his eyes, not throw the ball away, run when he shouldn't, and lose games.  The new coach's co-workers did pull a management miracle with Flacco down at Baltimore.  Note that the new coach never dealt with that half of the Ravens organization.

The flip side is that the Jets didn't get hardly any help whatsoever for this year.  They'll be putting the worst QB in the NFL on their offense each week.  They got a third round running back in a weak year for running backs.  What, that's a draft?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

the jets came away from the draft with 3 players.  3.  count them. 3. 
    sanchez isn't matt ryan, he's going to need some time, and then, maybe, hopefully for them, he'll pan out. 
    any draft where a team comes away with 3 players, and no immediate impact players, i think is a terrible draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

What do I think about the Jets' Draft ?

Truly, I couldn't care less. See you in a couple of years, boys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I spent months beating down Sanchez and Shonne Greene.

To reverse my previous attitude now would be dishonest.

I thought the Jets might be the one to do it. But I don't see what people see in any of these 1st round Qb's this year. I think Detroit and New Jersey got hosed.

Shonne Greene has potential. But I was never a fan.

My biggest thing is that the Jets keep sacrificing selections and signing free agents. They are out Washington-ing Washington.

As a Jest fan I would be alarmed. They haven't even finished paying for Chad or for Favre and they are on their third QB. Even if I did like the prospects it seems like desperation. Again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would add, I don't think they had the worst draft. The Raiders had the worst by far.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Jet fans are jumping up and down just like when they signed Favre. The draft is exciting and I really enjoy it but there isn't a pick I would go crazy over cause you never know. If it works out that Sanchez becomes a top level NFL qb (two years down the road) then it becomes a great pick. But how many qbs' that get drafted become that? Not too many. But they need a qb so trading up, I think, was the right thing to do for them. They are trying to build for the future. Isn't that what the drafts for?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I can sum up the Jets draft in four words, Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow.  You drafted your QB of the future too soon Jets fans!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'll say it if nobody else has or will, all bias aside the Jests overreached on thier entire draft.  You never want to come away from the draft with 3 players so they started behind and stayed there.

Sanchez is going to be a bust in what will probably go down as the weakest crop of QB's in NFL draft history; he's 6'2" with average arm strength and was overrated because he played with some of the best talent around him at USC.  The highest percentage of completions he ever had was 65% his last season where he had to battle an incoming transfer for the starting job, this is the NFL so knock about 10 % off that number and what you're left with is a below average QB in the toughest market in football to compete.

A decent running back and a guard... they needed more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Who is going to teach him to play?

Thats a great point by Paul.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

It's all about selling PSL's at the new stadium in the swamp.  Woody need a QB he can market to sell seats.  Simple as that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fargo. Show Fargo's posts

Grading any team's draft at this point is asinine. I understand what you're saying, Killa and I agree.  The Jets, on paper, had a good weekend. But all you need to know about the draft can be summed up with two names — Manning & Leaf. Who knows if Sanchez will be like one or the other or somewhere in between? 

Clowns like Kiper and the pathetic troll Leon can crow all they want about the Jets draft.  We'll see in the fall. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I could care less who the Jests draft as long as we still kick their butts. Sanchez is a roll of the dice. Especially if their dumb enough to start him from week 1.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Jets laid down in their last game of last season because it was the only way for them to hurt the Patriots,but with that said their drafting of Sanchez smells like a conspiritorial manuever with the Main Rat Mangina as the Browns got 2 draft picks and 3 cans of tuna in exchange for the 5th pick in the draft,had that been BB he would have gotten 4 draft choices and at least the best of the 3 pieces of garbage offered up by the Jets! It won't help the Jets win any games,they had an allright draft but 2 players don't make a draft,whose Sanchez going to throw the ball to? Cotchery or Keller? Maybe they can get Mangina to send them Edwards for another bag of balls...I gave the Jets draft a C and I was being generous.Shonn Greene isn't going to replace Jones and Jones is nothing more than a back up on the Patriots.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I don't see the big hype about Sanchez.

His lack of arm strength reminds me of Leinart.

I see Klemons starting for the JESTS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

All their eggs in one basket.  That is how I feel.  A total boom or bust draft depending on the outcome.  I undertand why they did it, football is a business and they need to sell PSL's.  They bolstered QB and RB two areas of huge need.  The RB addition will help the QB addition by taking off some pressure, plus their D should be good too.  I hope he is a bust, but think they had a good draft.  Now only 3 picks hurts long term, unless all 3 are off the charts good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

All jests hostility aside, you have to look at their history of top 10 draft picks (ghoulston, d'brickashaw, dewayne, thomas, etc.) and just feel that this poor guy sanchez is doomed.