What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

I was listening to Felger and Mazz on the way home from work a couple days ago, and a Pats fan called in and made in interesting point about our HOF QB Mr. Brady. He basically said that he loved Brady, bla bla bla, but he brought up the point : When is the last time Brady has won a meaningful game? When was the last time Brady was clutch in a huge game, like the Brady of old? He went on to even say Brady is living off his past success and superbowls he won almost a decade ago. He said that is seems he has turned from a mediocre regular season QB with clutch postseason games, to a Peyton Manning type QB with mind blowing regular season numbers, but suspect post season performances, coming up short in the big games. He said it seems there used to be the " Me against the world " Tom Brady, and now its the " Hey my wife is Giselle and I won 3 superbowls " lol. Felger disagreed with him, and stated that Tom had a good enough performance to win this past Superbowl, had Welker caught that pass. The caller disagreed, arguing that Brady played much worse in that game than he did all season, bringing up the intentional grounding for a safety on the first drive etc. It made me think......is he kind of right?? I mean, I do NOT take Brady's greatness for granted...but its been almost a decade, and although the Pats put up these great numbers and records in the regular season, is it a legit argument to question if Brady is still clutch in the big games? Is he still that guy who can lead his team to a late game comeback? His window is closing, the team is stacked...I just wonder how many more chances he will get...What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?

Well he has been to two SB's recently, so I guess if by saying he hasn't won a meaningful game you mean the only meaningful game of the entire season is the SB then you're right. 

So yes, as it turns out only one QB was able to win a meaningful game last year, and the year before...., and none of the games to get to the SB were meaningful.

As for the amateur psychiatry he displays in analyzing why games were lost and what was in Brady's head, I would say I prefer to focus on the more concrete reasons.  I think if you look back at those old playoff games before 04 you will find Brady's performance is not all that different, and the production of the offense, and points scored is not all that different (in many cases it's worse) than what we've seen recently. 

So what changed?  The answer seems obvious to me but if you'd like to hear the arguments than you can reference nearly any thread on this forum because it's been the only thing talked about for the last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

I just remember back then...If there was less than 2:00 left on the clock, I had NO doubts the Pats would march right down the field, and put 6 on the board... I mean, minus last season, we saw how the past few postseasons went...it was starting to be asked if Brady can even win a playoff game anymore...I'm hopeful this season will be the one...I think defense wont be as much of a problem and Brady wont have to contstantly put up points on each drive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

How can you go 13-3, go to the SB and not have a meaningful game?  It takes two to tango.  The defense just doesn't have the playmakers the offense has.  The defense played well considering but it lacked the three and out, the big turnover, the big play.  Big mo' always has to come from the offense and that's a burden that's hard to carry.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

I agree. The Pats offense had to be Flawless all season, to make up for the defense...I agree with all of that, but until last season, the Pats were struggling in the Post season. We all remember the heartbreaking blowout to Baltimore. And then the Jets. The Pats did win some meaningful postseason games last year, but I think the Caller was just pointing out the fact that Brady has looked a LOT different in these big games, than he used to. I am hopeful that this season will prove differently. I think our D will play a lot better with all the youth mixed in with the veterans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

You can't expect Brady to be clutch if he threw 40+ passes a game and had a defense that was last in the league at stopping teams on third downs. Brady still has his clutch ability (game against the Cowboys last season) but it isn't complete if he has no running game and no defense, and no receivers that can stretch the field. For Brady to be clutch, the team has to be clutch. Brady has done his part, what about the team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Personally I think it is a decided lack of balance in the offense and a less than stellar showing by the defense that is to blame for the Pats recent woes in "meaningful" games lately.  Not Brady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

So your point is that if Welker drops a pass in the SB then Tom Brady hasn't played clutch in a single game?? Can you please think about things before you post. I mean yes.. Lets have an exchange and look at everything. But an argument that is based on TB not having had a clutch game since 2004 makes my eye twitch.. Oh yes and Sarah Palin would make a great VP cause running Alaska is like running a different country.. It's 8:12am and i'm already thinking about drinking..  Sorry it's been a long week..  GO PATS!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

No...You're wrong.  Here's why:  Since 2007, Brady always performs at his VERY best verses tough matchups against bigger teams and better defenses in both the Regular season and PostSeason.  This is evidenced by NE's Overall W-L record, Tom Brady's QBRODMWBS rating <Quarterback-Rating-Over-Devin-McCourty's Waistband-Size) of 6000 over Pi (that is REALLY, really good);  Meanwhile, He's doing ALL of this while using the worst RBs in the History of The NFL, and his Defense which always fails to control the Movements of the Sun as applied to the lunar cycle on gameday after we randomly cross-section it into halves, or thirds, or whatever, within the entire Time of Possession span within human history.  Finally, Brady's doing ALL of this under a wicked strong Wiccan curse enacted by Giselle, Tommy Hillfiger, and Calvin Klein's adopted kids....Which, you'd think might somehow cancel out the Satanic curse that The Manning brothers took part in against Brady when they were backstage at the last ACDC reunion concert...but it doesn't.  It ENHANCES them both.  ALSO working against Brady, is that some years he's without All-pro runningbacks, wide receivers, Guards, Tackles, TightEnds, centers, Punters, Kickers, D-Linemen, Linebackers, and/or members of The secondary or Coaching staff...so it becomes nearly borderline impossible in the end.   Finally now, I heard he's most assuredly being poisoned with some form of arsenic...or not, depending on whether it's not his fault even in the slightest, or just the fault of someone or something else doin' "some bad stuff" to him, to make it look like that it could possibly be maybe 1% his fault in playing performance during big games.

In the end, it trully doesn't matter, because You are wrong and You Asked a question about Brady's play, and so I'm gonna need'ya ta hand over the sum expanse of your Pats memoribillia through the years (Also, someone will be over in short to take you to jail without gettin' your 200 clams by passing "Go"). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?:
    [QUOTE]I just remember back then...If there was less than 2:00 left on the clock, I had NO doubts the Pats would march right down the field, and put 6 on the board... I mean, minus last season, we saw how the past few postseasons went...it was starting to be asked if Brady can even win a playoff game anymore...I'm hopeful this season will be the one...I think defense wont be as much of a problem and Brady wont have to contstantly put up points on each drive.
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

Woudn't doubt if the caller was one of our "loveables",
    There's a big difference in having 2 minutes left in the game and 35 seconds or 57 seconds, before the D blows the lead. 
    There are also 21 other players that have to hold up their part of the bargain.
    SB years, they did.  Not so much in the 2 losses. ( 3 straight drops, no ints, no  3 & outs, ect...)
    Every time a QB throws a ball, someone has to catch it.  Rb's also have to advance when handed off to.  All this has to happen at a higher rate than the D is allowing the other team to do those same things.
    Problem is, those things didn't happen with any consistency.
    Other problem is, fans seem to forget this and put the blame on TB  (not the team) when the team doesn't win by 3 scores.  Ridiculous!
    We are not talking about tennis.  Stop the Madness!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I would have no problem what so ever placing blame on Brady, if that's where it should be placed, but it's not where it should be. People forget that he threw picks against BOTH Carolina and Philly that absolutely killed drives in those Super Bowls - the difference is he had a running game and defense to HELP him. He doesn't have that now.

The defense did not generate one single turn over or three and out in that entire game. The time of possession was terrible and they never got off the field. That wasn't the case when we were winning BIG games before. I want to say we caused turn overs in every Super Bowl victory on defense previously.

Even in Tom's biggest games, he played poorly for stretches. The snow bowl? He didn't do anything for a half - I believe he threw a pick as well. The first Super Bowl against the Rams? What did end up with? 150 yards passing? You take away that last drive and he really only made a few good passes. The AFC championship game against Pittsburgh? He got hurt and Bledsoe came in. He was lights out in the other Pittsburgh AFC title game (but I still think he threw a pick). All those games against the Colts? The defense dominated those games - just angry, smart, physical football...could this defense do that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In Response to What do my fellow Pats fans think of this?:
    [QUOTE]I was listening to Felger and Mazz on the way home from work a couple days ago, and a Pats fan called in and made in interesting point about our HOF QB Mr. Brady. He basically said that he loved Brady, bla bla bla, but he brought up the point : When is the last time Brady has won a meaningful game? When was the last time Brady was clutch in a huge game, like the Brady of old? He went on to even say Brady is living off his past success and superbowls he won almost a decade ago. He said that is seems he has turned from a mediocre regular season QB with clutch postseason games, to a Peyton Manning type QB with mind blowing regular season numbers, but suspect post season performances, coming up short in the big games. He said it seems there used to be the " Me against the world " Tom Brady, and now its the " Hey my wife is Giselle and I won 3 superbowls " lol. Felger disagreed with him, and stated that Tom had a good enough performance to win this past Superbowl, had Welker caught that pass. The caller disagreed, arguing that Brady played much worse in that game than he did all season, bringing up the intentional grounding for a safety on the first drive etc. It made me think......is he kind of right?? I mean, I do NOT take Brady's greatness for granted...but its been almost a decade, and although the Pats put up these great numbers and records in the regular season, is it a legit argument to question if Brady is still clutch in the big games? Is he still that guy who can lead his team to a late game comeback? His window is closing, the team is stacked...I just wonder how many more chances he will get...What do you guys think?

Who ever this guy was, he is in the minority.  All smart and knowledgable Pats fans know ALL the differences in 'Teams' back in the early 2000's (01/03 & 04 SB wins) versus the most recent Teams and even this past season SB loss.  

It has nothing to do with WHO he married and how many Kids he has. C'mon. 
    Please note: Brady led the Pats down in 08 SB vs Giants to take lead 14-10 with a tad over 2 mins left, we know what happen after that....things happen.

Brady has come SUCH a long way in this league and is absolutely fabulous at his job! 
    Plus, Yes, of course Brady has plently of chances left to still win SB's!  and have clutch drives - etc etc - Believe me! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

@Justme2 I'm simply bringing up a point someone else made, and asking for opinions from other fans...dont be the forum badass who acts like you work play by play for the Patriots and have some superior knowledge over all of us....your the same as everyone else. I thought about what I wrote before I did....so get a grip! its called a DISCUSSION BOARD. and the other thing is we all used to sit here when the Manning / Brady argument was in full bloom and we all said the same thing : Manning puts up great regular season numbers, BUT doesn't win the big games, while Brady wins whether its ugly or not....NOW how can you even argue that you haven't been disappointed the past few years? U feel warm and cozy after last years superbowl loss?? how about 07? how about a the blowout in Gillette against the ravens? how about the Jets at Gillette ?? If you stopped sipping your Cool-Aid and look at it as a whole, its a very good argument....He won 3 rings in how many years as a starter? how can any of you not expect anything less from the guy we are proclaiming to be " The Greatest of all time "?? its been almost a decade since the last one....if you are content with just SuperBowl appearances, and NOT Superbowl WINS, I don't know how u really call yourself a fan.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

[QUOTE]No...You're wrong.  Here's why:  Since 2007, Brady always performs at his VERY best verses tough matchups against bigger teams and better defenses in both the Regular season and PostSeason.  This is evidenced by NE's Overall W-L record, Tom Brady's QBRODMWBS rating <Quarterback-Rating-Over-Devin-McCourty's Waistband-Size) of 6000 over Pi (that is REALLY, really good);  Meanwhile, He's doing ALL of this while using the worst RBs in the History of The NFL, and his Defense which always fails to control the Movements of the Sun as applied to the lunar cycle on gameday after we randomly cross-section it into halves, or thirds, or whatever, within the entire Time of Possession span within human history.  Finally, Brady's doing ALL of this under a wicked strong Wiccan curse enacted by Giselle, Tommy Hillfiger, and Calvin Klein's adopted kids....Which, you'd think might somehow cancel out the Satanic curse that The Manning brothers took part in against Brady when they were backstage at the last ACDC reunion concert...but it doesn't.  It ENHANCES them both.  ALSO working against Brady, is that some years he's without All-pro runningbacks, wide receivers, Guards, Tackles, TightEnds, centers, Punters, Kickers, D-Linemen, Linebackers, and/or members of The secondary or Coaching staff...so it becomes nearly borderline impossible in the end.   Finally now, I heard he's most assuredly being poisoned with some form of arsenic...or not, depending on whether it's not his fault even in the slightest, or just the fault of someone or something else doin' "some bad stuff" to him, to make it look like that it could possibly be maybe 1% his fault in playing performance during big games. In the end, it trully doesn't matter, because You are wrong and You Asked a question about Brady's play, and so I'm gonna need'ya ta hand over the sum expanse of your Pats memoribillia through the years (Also, someone will be over in short to take you to jail without gettin' your 200 clams by passing "Go"). 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

LOL u love to ramble I can see....Your name looks like the alphabet got into a car crash, and that Cat in your picture sucks! and P.S. : How many playoff games has Brady won since 07?? how many did he win from 01-07?? I'm a Pats fan, and not just a Cool-Aid sipper....your just in some Cult, camped out in the middle of the woods with your buddies, inside a tent with Tom Brady Fat Head stickers all on the inside....Moving on...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : LOL u love to ramble I can see....Your name looks like the alphabet got into a car crash, and that Cat in your picture sucks! and P.S. : How many playoff games has Brady won since 07?? how many did he win from 01-07?? I'm a Pats fan, and not just a Cool-Aid sipper....your just in some Cult, camped out in the middle of the woods with your buddies, inside a tent with Tom Brady Fat Head stickers all on the inside....Moving on...
    He was agreeing with you, he's just not good at being clear and concise.  Plus nobody has invented the sarcastic font yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : LOL u love to ramble I can see....Your name looks like the alphabet got into a car crash, and that Cat in your picture sucks! and P.S. : How many playoff games has Brady won since 07?? how many did he win from 01-07?? I'm a Pats fan, and not just a Cool-Aid sipper....your just in some Cult, camped out in the middle of the woods with your buddies, inside a tent with Tom Brady Fat Head stickers all on the inside....Moving on...

Please name the gaggle of NFL QB's that have been better than TB since 07.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : Please name the gaggle of NFL QB's that have been better than TB since 07.
    Posted by mar10[/QUOTE]

If I had to Be honest: Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers.....Oh wait, Now im in trouble on the Pats CULT discussion board, because I think someone else has played better than our beloved Brady....like lets just be real for 5 seconds.....YES it is possible that someone else has played better than our fav. QB.....Yes it is possible that someone can bring up a point that MAYBE Tom is NOT having the same POSTSEASON success that us Pats FANS are accustomed to seeing from the man who brought us 3 rings in the first half of his career. I take NOTHING away from Brady, I just think that this person's argument has something to it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I might be in the minority here, but I'd go so far to say that if we had won that last Super Bowl Brady wins the MVP award hands down. Easy. I can't think of one single Patriot that stood out in a good way during that entire game, besides him. Every drive started from deep in our territory and he played pretty darn well against a good rush, without Gronk near 100%.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

[QUOTE]I might be in the minority here, but I'd go so far to say that if we had won that last Super Bowl Brady wins the MVP award hands down. Easy. I can't think of one single Patriot that stood out in a good way during that entire game, besides him. Every drive started from deep in our territory and he played pretty darn well against a good rush, without Gronk near 100%.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    I agree sir. I think Hernandez looked good also... I just think it's definitely frustrating that it was against the Giants again....That they crept into the playoffs and did it again!...Brady did look decent, but definitely a big dip in perfromance from the regular season games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

[QUOTE]I might be in the minority here, but I'd go so far to say that if we had won that last Super Bowl Brady wins the MVP award hands down. Easy. I can't think of one single Patriot that stood out in a good way during that entire game, besides him. Every drive started from deep in our territory and he played pretty darn well against a good rush, without Gronk near 100%.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    What you are not saying is Brady not Welker caused us the game Welker did his job by getting open and Brady missed the throw badly trade him why we can still get two number 1's after this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

brady didnt drop a game clinching 3rd down conversion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

lets see

In the 1st Sb Giants loss TB took them down the field
    for a go ahead TD and then our all pro CB dropped
    an INT and then the jump ball Helmet 1 ina billion catch
    the irony - if AS holds thd damn ball TB surpasses Joe M
    of being the greatest QB ever on the greatest team ever

In the last Sb he had a win b4 a 1 in 10 catch
    and he was with out his best receiver Gronk -being Gronk
    They came back to get a lead and the giant D was better

btw  all of a sudden there is a lot of talk of Eli ready
    for the HOF right now - hmm he's had 1 very good season
    and 2 SB wins where the real mvp was the Giants D line
    He's really only one "evade a sack" and made "one great pass"
    if AS had caught the damn ball eli would have been out of NY
    with the coach

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do my fellow Pats fans think of this? : I agree sir. I think Hernandez looked good also... I just think it's definitely frustrating that it was against the Giants again....That they crept into the playoffs and did it again!...Brady did look decent, but definitely a big dip in perfromance from the regular season games.

I agree, Hernadez did look good - he's a special receiving option for us. And it did suck that the Giants did that again. I just don't think he had a dip in performance when you consider that he already lost to the Giants earlier that season and you also have to factor in that the Giants pressured without blitzing. I just think it's a classic case of if we had had a better team, we could of won, instead it was QB vs. a good team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The better question is if Brady and Bellichek go 19-0 do they both ride off into the sunset? Because there can be no better ending regardless.Enter the J McD and Ryan Mallett era?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What do I think?  I think there's no QB in the league I'd rather have under center than TB - period.  All of that b/s about where Brady's mind is and all of the speculation on talk radio is just noise.  Brady has his ups and downs like every other QB. Still the guy I want to see out there.