What does Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Phillip Rivers have that Brady doesn't.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

What does Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Phillip Rivers have that Brady doesn't.

A deep threat!

Aaron has Greg Jennings, Ben has Mike Wallace, and Rivers has Vincent Jackson.

Who does Brady have as a deep threat:  Chad Ocho Cinco!  Amazing how his QB rating is still higher than all of them.  But I guess it's still Brady's fault.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: What does Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Phillip Rivers have that Brady doesn't.

In Response to What does Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Phillip Rivers have that Brady doesn't.:
    [QUOTE]A deep threat!Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

The truth. Thing is GB has about 4 deep threats

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2011. Show mighty2011's posts

Re: What does Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Phillip Rivers have that Brady doesn't.

Yeah I'd like to see how any of those so-called elite quarterbacks would do with New England's receivers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Deep threats are useless when the O-line is constantly playing dodge ball against halfway descent pass rushes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: What does Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Phillip Rivers have that Brady doesn't.:
    [QUOTE]Deep threats are useless when the O-line is constantly playing dodge ball against halfway descent pass rushes.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I agree completely.  Does SB42 ring a bell?
    Also, the Pats won 3 SBs without featuring a serious deep threat.  I think it's overrated.  For me, quickness and separation are more important.  That's why Welker is so effective - qick slants and YAC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I love this thread! Why? Because it is absolutely true. This offense is nowhere near as "loaded" as people think or say. We have Welker and two tight ends. Try getting a pass interference call on a tight end when he is being covered by a wideout...nowhere near as likely if the guy was a 5'10" wide receiver. If you're a ref and you have a Gronk (6'5") going up against a 5'10" corner or safety and there is a little of bumping going on, you think he's going to throw that flag?! Heck no! He might not even see the corner with Gronk towering him. We can't just keep sending guys that run 4.6 forty-yard dash 30 yards down the field, that can't be our deep threat. You add a deep threat to this team...someone that is good and this offense might just be able to overcome this defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: What does Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Phillip Rivers have that Brady doesn't.:
    [QUOTE]Deep threats are useless when the O-line is constantly playing dodge ball against halfway descent pass rushes.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

That's true, but it's still Brady's fault according too some.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

how about Brady and Price. Hopefully soon.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Phillip Rivers have that Brady doesn't. : That's true, but it's still Brady's fault according too some.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

lol, Crusty and his little friend are really spamming the board with that crap.  I think Taylor Swift Price was supposed to be part of the solution but she has a very difficult time staying healthy.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to What does Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Phillip Rivers have that Brady doesn't.:
    [QUOTE]A deep threat! Aaron has Greg Jennings, Ben has Mike Wallace, and Rivers has Vincent Jackson. Who does Brady have as a deep threat:   Chad Ocho Cinco!  Amazing how his QB rating is still higher than all of them.  But I guess it's still Brady's fault.
    3 rings

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]A deep threat! Aaron has Greg Jennings, Ben has Mike Wallace, and Rivers has Vincent Jackson. Who does Brady have as a deep threat:   Chad Ocho Cinco!  Amazing how his QB rating is still higher than all of them.  But I guess it's still Brady's fault.

Wrong. Muthah-eefing-not-even-close.
    Tom Brady might be the least athletic QB ever. The guy can't get out of his own way. Granted, Roethlisberger doesn't have to run, but Rodgers and Rivers can at least run with a football if need be. Brady ? My grandmother can outrun Tom...... and she's ninety-three. Check it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I love this thread! Why? Because it is absolutely true. This offense is nowhere near as "loaded" as people think or say. We have Welker and two tight ends. Try getting a pass interference call on a tight end when he is being covered by a wideout...nowhere near as likely if the guy was a 5'10" wide receiver. If you're a ref and you have a Gronk (6'5") going up against a 5'10" corner or safety and there is a little of bumping going on, you think he's going to throw that flag?! Heck no! He might not even see the corner with Gronk towering him. We can't just keep sending guys that run 4.6 forty-yard dash 30 yards down the field, that can't be our deep threat. You add a deep threat to this team...someone that is good and this offense might just be able to overcome this defense.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Now you've done it. Burger king is going to be very upset.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, Roethlisberger's got 2 cops, a pitcher of margaritas, a long hallway, and apparently the entire state of pennsylvania willing to put up with the results. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

who were the pats deep threats when they were winning superbowls?  No not deep throat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]who were the pats deep threats when they were winning superbowls?  No not deep throat.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Oh, look, its the supposed Clots fan, here again.  You little b1tch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]who were the pats deep threats when they were winning superbowls?  No not deep throat.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Do you think Branch was more of a deep threat in his early 20s than his early 30s?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

[QUOTE]I love this thread! Why? Because it is absolutely true. This offense is nowhere near as "loaded" as people think or say. We have Welker and two tight ends. Try getting a pass interference call on a tight end when he is being covered by a wideout...nowhere near as likely if the guy was a 5'10" wide receiver. If you're a ref and you have a Gronk (6'5") going up against a 5'10" corner or safety and there is a little of bumping going on, you think he's going to throw that flag?! Heck no! He might not even see the corner with Gronk towering him. We can't just keep sending guys that run 4.6 forty-yard dash 30 yards down the field, that can't be our deep threat. You add a deep threat to this team...someone that is good and this offense might just be able to overcome this defense.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Truer words never spoken. I see NOTHING elite about this offense. We have an overrated O line, a solid QB, and some great TE's and Welker. We don't have Adrian Peterson or Megatron or any elite fast gamebreakers. Yes we can be effective but this is not elite. I'm just happy to make FG's these days!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I still think this offense is elite because we have an elite QB. We saw what he can do late in the game this past sunday. Few QB's in the league can complete a 4th & 8 under that kind of pressure. That being said the offense needs to really start playing better. Branch has been a real disappointment to me this year. He is having real problems getting open. The offensive line is not playing well at all either. It's been a few years since we have seen so much pressure on Brady week after week. Running the ball more sounds great but they are not that good at it without first establishing the pass. They seemed intent on running the ball in the first half but were not fooling the Giants at all. The pats have played 4 good defenses in a row and now they have to face the Jets again, who are really playing great right now. The Pats defense really needs to step up for 60 minutes this weekend because i do not see the Pats scoring more than 24 points this week.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

This is a pass first league and this thread is right, we have noe deep threat. I am not saying we need an elite deep threat like those mentione by the OP, but someone who can stretch the field with quick speed and ability to get open would be nice. I too though Price could be that guy, but we have no one remotely close to being able to get down field fast and get open. Lets not forget Brady was blessed with Moss which he had total faith in, he wont have that with just anyone who comes on this team.

Again it comes down to coaching, game planning and play calling.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If they had a deep threat they would be a better team. It's not necessary for winning, teams win with weaknesses, but fewer weaknesses are better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Deep throats are overrated.

gonna have to disagree with this one... nothing like getting off the bed and pulling the sheets outa yer butt.

Laughing