what does it mean that we had almost ZERO pressures and ZERO sacks on a rook jabro?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: what does it mean that we had almost ZERO pressures and ZERO sacks on a rook jabro?

It means our Defense is playing vanilla, lacks creativity.  Been that way the past couple years.  Lack of pressure and zero sacks with Wilfork, Kelly, Jones,  Something needs changing.

BTW, one dropped pass from Stevie Johnson away from losing this game.  Nobody was even around him on a crucial 3rd down play.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Re: what does it mean that we had almost ZERO pressures and ZERO sacks on a rook jabro?

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

we will win again on thursday as we encounter another rook jabro qb but unlike a great snickers aint very satisfying.  i mean there are some out there touting the chandler as DPOY and talking about a minimum of 16 sacks.. ha! i grasp things change and its about the game plan but one should b able to fall into a freaking sack. they drooped over 35 times after all! jeez.. same stuff, different year. when r we going  to go buckwild on a qb?

I've scrutinized the play of Chandler Jones since he was drafted, IMO this guy is totally overated, he has no swim move, he has no speed rush, he has no bull rush. He's always dancing up when the play is over. I keep reading how great this guy is, I'm objective, I don't see it at all. 

End result, where's the pass rush going to come from, it isn't "whistling past the grave yard Jones", that I can assure you. The guy is a stiff. They were fortunate today, the Bills had the lead and they didn't use the clock, I like the hurry up no huddle, but there comes a time and a place to slow it down, they played right into number 12's hand. Great win for the Pats but they need to improve, they beat a rookie QB , in his first NFL game today in the last 8 seconds , by 2 points. That's the reality, and they had zero sacks, not good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

It means the chance of the Pats winning the Division,9Watch out for Miami), let alone a Superbowl this year is slim--I agree with Aussie-if you can't get to the QB in this modern day NFL good luck because the rules have been changed to help out the receivers. If I was to build a Team I would draft and trade for studs on Both lines--Give a QB time and he can complete to an average WR--get to Any QB in 2 seconds and they all look average--JMO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

God forbid that it might mean that other teams might have good offensive lines.

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

It means nothing. It was against a no huddle and the rookie doesn't hold the ball too long. Plus he can run. I don't see the d line as a problem at least yet.

Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding the truth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

No idea where the hate for Jones is coming from. Guy was stout against the run yesterday and had a couple pressures. He's a player.

Clearly New England was attempting to take away the run, so their defensive linemen were less aggressive in terms of getting up the field, and were more concerned with gap control. 

Let's go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Macrawn's comment:

It means nothing. It was against a no huddle and the rookie doesn't hold the ball too long. Plus he can run. I don't see the d line as a problem at least yet.

Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding the truth.

I am pretty sure they practice against the no huddle all the time.  I would think they could figure it out against a poor team with a rookie QB who is coming off a knee procedure and hasn't played for 2-3 weeks. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It means they were focused on taking away Spiller and the Bills have a decent offensive line and it was the first game of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

It means they were focused on taking away Spiller and the Bills have a decent offensive line and it was the first game of the season.

BB always preaches taking away the strength of the opponent. You hit the nail on the head regarding what the pat's did to Spiller.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

It means our Defense is playing vanilla, lacks creativity.  Been that way the past couple years.  Lack of pressure and zero sacks with Wilfork, Kelly, Jones,  Something needs changing.

BTW, one dropped pass from Stevie Johnson away from losing this game.  Nobody was even around him on a crucial 3rd down play.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

much like being one drop by Stephen Hill from losing to the Jets last year

The Jets troll in you....you simply can't suppress it can you Phat Rex...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think you can expect more of the same on Thursday. Whenever a QB is a threat to run, BB scales back the pass rush to keep the QB contained. This is not a NEW concept. I aint worried honestly.  I would rather this team be challenged early in season than to break out due to some fluff wins over a weak division. Now that we have to earn it, we will be better for it. Go ahead and cancel that trip to NY. IM ALL IN! This team is gonna grow each week and whats more fun than watching that? Gonna be like 2001 ALL OVER AGAIN!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

much like being one drop by Stephen Hill from losing to the Jets last year

[/QUOTE]

You can't keep a good man down...
    ^^ tears^^...eat my caret Jet troll.....EHHH, whats up Doc?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

we will win again on thursday as we encounter another rook jabro qb but unlike a great snickers aint very satisfying.  i mean there are some out there touting the chandler as DPOY and talking about a minimum of 16 sacks.. ha! i grasp things change and its about the game plan but one should b able to fall into a freaking sack. they drooped over 35 times after all! jeez.. same stuff, different year. when r we going  to go buckwild on a qb?

Don't know where you got the 0 pressure from when we know they had 5 hurries, or did you forget Chandler had a sack that was taken away by Manuel spinning out and scrambling? The Pats blitzed, from what I could see, twice.

They kept everything in front of them since blitzing against Spiller is a missed tackle away from being a long TD.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He wasn't wide open, Arrington was there and he believed Johnson pushed off. Johnson is known for pushing off so I believe Kyle.