What does the Jets signings mean for the Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

What does the Jets signings mean for the Patriots?

Some might not agree but I think counter in the draft:

1) With #22 we need the best pass rusher on the board

2) With #44 we need a cornerback because now the Jets have signed Holmes
        and in a 3 reciever set that would be Cotchery, Edwards, and Holmes against 
        Bodden, Butler, and Non-covering Wilhite so we need a new CB instead of Wilhite

3) With #47 we need a reciever because they have shutdown Revis and play-maker Cromertie so we need other options on the field.

4) With #53 we need a tight end that can some heat off the recievers and can         help out the running game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: What does the Jets signings mean for the Patriots?

What the Jests have done means nothing to us.....They are acting desperate and trying to make a big splash so they can bring fans to their new stadium....

They are also building up their casting crew to make their new show more interesting....LOL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

lololol m1021 thats exactly what im thinking but pats, great post thats exactly what we shuld do, but what corner would you take? i like Kyle Wilson alot but he might be gone by then, so what about Patriock Robensin or that kid from rutgers?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I donno guys. Both Holmes and Edwards are better WR than most. And we have to face them twice every season. Time to get a physical WR/CB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: What does the Jets signings mean for the Patriots?:
    I donno guys. Both Holmes and Edwards are better WR than most. And we have to face them twice every season. Time to get a physical WR/CB.
    Posted by bmadmax81

Last I checked Edwards was a restricted free agent still...that doesn't mean that they lost him, or that he is still on the team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Edwards couldnt catch a cold... its after he catches it IF and thats a big IF he catches the damn ball.. then he is OKAY at best with YAC, now holmes on the other hand could be a problem.. we need to get Kyle Wilson out of Boise, whos with me??!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

The Pats are going after fat guys even more now than they were two weeks ago. The Pats will look at big fat aggressive lineman to hopefully crush passing pockets. BB is good at finding guys with those skills and not so much at receiver/CB. I think now the writing's on the wall that there will be some serious weight added to the roster the end of the month. BB is hoping to steal a veteran receiver so I bet we don't see one picked until 3rd round at earliest.

Marshall is still out there..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Kindle with 22 and the kid from Rutgers with the 44th pick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

lololol m1021 thats exactly what im thinking but pats, great post thats exactly what we shuld do, but what corner would you take? i like Kyle Wilson alot but he might be gone by then, so what about Patriock Robensin or that kid from rutgers?
    Posted by TateGroup
    I was thinking Devin McCourty from Rutgers too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

yea, goddamn there is sooo much to chose from, and soo many possible options,
    Sergio K- #22
    Kyle Wilson- #36(from KC)
    Deymarious Thomas- #44
    Ricky Sapp- #48
    (traded #57 and #119 to KC for #36)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

Choices:

#22- Sergio Kindle, Brandon Graham, or Everson Griffen

#44- Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty, or Kareem Jackson

#47- Demaryius Thomas, Damian Williams, or Arrelious Benn

#53- Anthony McCoy or Jimmy Graham

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Well, we could counter the Jets moves by...

• drafting better
    • restoring balance to the offense
    • coaching better, especially on defense

Hmmm, the more I think of it, these would counter the moves of any team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayydubb. Show jayydubb's posts

Help out what running game? ohh you must mean the nonexistant one. We need a rb at 22 either Ryan Mathews or Jahvid Best. If bb drafts neither it'll be an 8-8 season

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we kust need to trust BB, he seems to have done a pretty good job for the past 10 yrs. plus we just have to wait until the J-E-T-S implode due to too many divas (especially at WR)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

You don't change your draft plans because another team is picking up over the hill players or cancers. Wasn't Cromartie and LT recently on the same team and still never even sniffed a SB? We'll be throwing to Cromartie's side cause we know he's a wuss who avoids physical confrontation. I don't see LT running over Wilfork.
    Stick to the plan and with this year's and next years draft picks, watch out cause NE will be scary good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

You need to stop sweating the Jets so much, they still dont have a QB so they still dont have a shot.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Amen, they have a gimpy QB coming off of knee surgery. He'll be lucky just to go 50-50 with INT to TD this year and that's about it.That guy from the Chiefs who takes everyone out every year will take care of Sanchez or someone else will. They'll be scooping his leg off the ground and onto the gurney. I don't want to see him get hurt but he's going to get hurt badly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

its a team full of punks and thugs, factor in all the preseason hoopla from the behind the sceens stuff from hbo and this team is going to completely implode before the end of the season.  I like Rex Ryan and think he's a good coach but not even he  contain this many problem players.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Who would you really want on the Pats?  Forget of the field issues, are they really stocking talent.

Tomlinson- time to retire, they downgraded at RB, wouldn't want him on the Pats.

Cromartie- played pretty good a couple of years ago snagging 10 INT's on the roid fueled Chargers.  Why haven't you heard much since then?  2 int's in 08 and 3 in 09.  Inconsistent play and poor effort and tackling make him an average player.

Santonio Holmes- Basically an average to slightly above average receiver until last year when he put up top numbers in yards.  He's in his last year and can only play 12 games (if he doesn't get another suspension for something else).  He's the only guy that's actually got talent but I don't know if he's worth the trouble for maybe 12 games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

The Jets are essentially going all-in for 2010, while the Pats are building for the long term behind a solid '09 draft class, the upcoming draft in which they have 4 picks among the top 53 selections, and the 2011 draft which should deliver a top 10 pick courtesy of the Raiders.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Choices: #22- Sergio Kindle, Brandon Graham, or Everson Griffen #44- Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty, or Kareem Jackson #47- Demaryius Thomas, Damian Williams, or Arrelious Benn #53- Anthony McCoy or Jimmy Graham
    Posted by pats3392

Both Wilson and McCorty might not be there at 22 don't think they will be anywhere close to 44.  Kareem Jackson probably also gone by 44, want a good CB you have to jump on Wilson or DM if they make it to 22 and take Dunlap at 44.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You need to stop sweating the Jets so much, they still dont have a QB so they still dont have a shot.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

this ^

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

The best thing the Pats can do is crush the Jets that first time they meet. The Jets have amassed a decent amount of talent but have paid the price in baggage. Nothing divides a lockerroom like losing and getting humiliated is even better. The Jets need to be tossed headfirst into a cesspool of hopelesness and despair from which there will be no recovery. Then and only then will we be able to sit back and watch as that team implodes in on itself while cryin Ryan, dirty Sanchez, the fake LT and the rest are thrown to the ravenous NY media for a bloodletting of historic proportions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I am not going to be jingoistic and say that we are going to kick their a$$e$. Nor am I going to say that they have people such as LT, Cromartie and now Holmes and may implode very soon. I'm going to look at this from a realistic point of view. Assuming that Sanchez makes strides like FLacco and make good throws instead of INT, we have to revamp our game. Both Holmes and Edwards can be a 40-50 catches and arnd 100 yard WR with atleat 4-5 TD each. I think we need to make use of this deep draft and take a CB too. Not to mention a WR who can counter Revis/Cromartie. I hate Jets, but I should say that if they pull it off, can sign JT too, then they will have a heck of a team.