What happened to Bequette?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

What happened to Bequette?

What happened to this guy?   He was highly touted and even mentioned as a draft steal.  Is he injured?   I had high hopes fr him.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: What happened to Bequette?

He can't seem to get off the bench. I thought maybe he would of got his chance when Chandler went down, but he was a game day inactive. Trevor Scott seems to be getting the reps that we would of thought Bequette might of got...Francis too. I imagine this offseason will be a very important one for him, because thrid round picks that can't get on the game day roster when there is an injury that would open up an opportunity, is not a good sign.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just goes to show, once again, that you can't judge a player until he actually plays. We see this every year.  Some guy gets drafted and before he's played a snap in the NFL fans are readying a yellow jacket for him.  Next thing you know, he turns out to be Shawn Crable.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm surprised. Like you say a 3 rd rounder    I've looked at his highlite film and I thought more.  I wonder if he's hurt?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If you can't beat out Ninkovich, I've already labeled you a bust. -_-...

Seriously, you guys were acting like he's the second coming. Acted liked he deserved to be the first round pick and Chandler the third rounder. Thank god I don't pay attention to you guys because this is a Bostonian team and you guys are always looking for Larry Bird. -_-

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Here comes the bust talk...

It couldn't just be that there are a ton of vets ahead of him, there couldn't just be a learning curve...

Mike Vrabel sat of the Steelers bench for 4 years as a part time player before BB gave him a shot as a starter.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i love this guy, i hope he can come through! but of course i loved crable too before we drafted him....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It couldn't just be that there are a ton of vets ahead of him, there couldn't just be a learning curve...

Mike Vrabel sat of the Steelers bench for 4 years as a part time player before BB gave him a shot as a starter.

[/QUOTE]

So...you're saying that Bequette needs play in a different system? =)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Until any of us see him play in some meaningful minutes I don't think we can judge it either way. For myself I am going to consider this the equivilant of a red shirt season and hope we get to evaluate his play next year.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, he needs to have an offseason that gets him ready and then he needs to beat blockers during pre season (something he couldn't come close to doing last training camp). The only thing i worry about is that this is not a kid that doesn't train or try hard - that's his mo. What I worry about is that he may be just what the draft experts say he is...a try hard kid that could get hustle sacks in college, but won't beat NFL linemen. Having said that, there are plenty of try hard, lesser skilled guys that turn into great pass rushers too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I think BB is trying to bring this guy along slowly.  I'm not familiar which system he was playing in back in college, but I'd  venture to guess they've got a longer term plan for his development.  He obviously hasn't done enough to get on the field much...but he'll get there...i hope....right?!?!? ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think BB is trying to bring this guy along slowly.  I'm not familiar which system he was playing in back in college, but I'd  venture to guess they've got a longer term plan for his development.  He obviously hasn't done enough to get on the field much...but he'll get there...i hope....right?!?!? ;)

[/QUOTE]

He was touted as the more NFL ready DE between him and Chandler Jones, but Bequette is a healthy inactive. -_-

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This is the guys first year as a 3rd round pick. I don't know a lot of 3rd round picks who get significant minutes their first season. That's not to mention the players infront of him. If you haven't noticed Nink has had a career season this year and that 1st round pick hasn't been bad either. Then you have Scott directly behind them who is a smart vet that can provide more in short sub roles then a rook. Give the guy a year or two before making a decision on the kid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I've been hoping to see JB get some playing time for weeks.  Bedard's column today actually suggested that he would have been 1 of 3 alternatives to releasing Salas.   Ouch.  I sure hope BB has a higher opinion of him than that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying he needs to wait for an opportunity to present itself and be prepared when it does.

Jones was a #1 pick, Ninck, Scott, Cunningham and others are way ahead of him, they've put in the time and proven themselves to a degree.  He needs to improve, just because he isn't an instant star doesn't make him a bust, give the kid a chance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying he needs to wait for an opportunity to present itself and be prepared when it does.

Jones was a #1 pick, Ninck, Scott, Cunningham and others are way ahead of him, they've put in the time and proven themselves to a degree.  He needs to improve, just because he isn't an instant star doesn't make him a bust, give the kid a chance.

[/QUOTE]

But Wozzy, he isn't leading the league in ANY stats yet. He doesn't have 30 sacks, or 300 tackles or 40 forced fumbles or 35 interceptions. He is yet another incredibly obvious bad pick by BB!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Em I the only who who thinks this is a red shirt type of year?  They didn't bring in a FA like Scott for no reason either.  There will be good competition next off season with these guys. Then you have to give Francis some credit for showing something more during the preseason. The reemergence of Cunningham plays in as well.  Also the guy has been a beast over the last few games.  Leads the team in drawing holding penalties. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Until any of us see him play in some meaningful minutes I don't think we can judge it either way. For myself I am going to consider this the equivilant of a red shirt season and hope we get to evaluate his play next year.

[/QUOTE]

+1, the guy has seen about 10 plays this year. Way to early for this.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was touted as the more NFL ready DE between him and Chandler Jones, but Bequette is a healthy inactive. -_-

[/QUOTE]

Touted by who?  Sounds like another one of those meaningless things people say about draft picks.  The most NFL ready players can be found at the beginning of the draft.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

he is undersized to play end in this defense, much like cunningham was.  probably taking the same route, slowly putting on weight and learning how to use it.